FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Haunted Dragonslayer?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Haunted Dragonslayer? Empty The Haunted Dragonslayer?

Post by Kasimir Sewik Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Kaz staggered out of the boat once they landed. His legs wobbled and he lost his balance completely while walking down the ramp, landing face first in a pile of sand. Ah, sweet solid ground. He didn't even try to stand up, instead relishing the not-moving earth. He chuckled happily, which sounded strange while being muffled in the sand, and then vigorously moved his arms and feet to make a sand angel.

“You uh... you alright there buddy?” The captain called from on board the ship, watching the strange passenger make a sand angel. “We gotta make a few repairs afore we keep heading 'cross the ocean, not sure how long it'll take. Galuna's said to be haunted though, so don't be wandering too far now.”

“Haunted?” Kaz repeated, raising his head from the sand. He'd never seen a ghost before... what were they like? Weren't they supposed to be scary? Souls of the deceased or something? He rose from the sand, standing more steadily this time. The captain had already disappeared back into the ship, to repair whatever it was that was slowing them down. Galuna had not been the original destination, but they needed somewhere to stop and repair the ship.

“Hm...” Kaz wanted to know what a ghost would be like. He cast a glance back at the boat... well, he didn't want to wait there. Might as well try his luck in the jungle. Maybe he'd find more about these... 'ghosts'. The sun was bright and the day seemed like a good one for exploration; hardly the right setup for a ghost trip. But still... might as well find some way to kill the time.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

The Haunted Dragonslayer? Empty Re: The Haunted Dragonslayer?

Post by Kotone Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 pm

It had taken a day or two of searching but Kotone had finally managed to come up with… well, still nothing. Whoever the mages abducting the villagers were, they were certainly good at hiding. That didn’t help the broody seventeen year old’s attitude at all, and she’d been in a pretty foul mood ever since she recovered from her loss to the dragon slayer, Tatsuma. Sure, he’d agreed to help look for the cultist’s hideout in the massive jungle, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t angry and ashamed to have lost to such an annoying and energetic kid.

It was hot, so once again the young dragon slayer was without her favorite long black jacket. Sid covered the black part pretty well though, and he was her faithful shadow, following behind her for once instead of riding along in her backpack. Perhaps he wanted to display his willingness to work harder too. Oh wait… he was a cat. More likely he was just bored. “Damnit,” she complained angrily. “I want off of this stupid island,” she complained, wishing she would see some sort of signal or hear from one of her companions so they could get their job over with. Two of them were dragon slayers, so she was sure they would get the job done even though she felt unusually vulnerable with her ego bruised as it was.

She stopped when she heard footsteps crunching through the leaves. The scent of the intruder didn’t’ match Tatsuma or Raven, and she couldn’t be sure if it were a villager or a cultist. With luck it would be the latter. Taking refuge in the trees above, where she could watch silently, she prayed no idiot lightning users would bowl her over and throw her out of the trees again. At least this guy was for sure on the ground. He was loud to the girl’s superior hearing, and he was careless. She waited until he came into view and was close enough, and when he was, she realized this kid couldn’t be a cultist. He looked too lost to have a mission of evil, much less one of the villagers who would be more silent in a forest. “Hey, Sandy,” she addressed him, noticing the sand still clinging to him from the beach not a mile away. He smelled like beach. And boat. She hated boats. “Care to tell me what you’re doing in a place like this?”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Experience : 552
Primary Magic : Ice Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Gale Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Kaz was quickly starting to regret his decision about entering the jungle. It was hot, hotter than anywhere he'd been, and he was on a trip around the world. The bugs were endless, never dwindling in number regardless of how he swatted. The heat was really getting to him, especially since he wasn't dressed for such humidity. The black trenchcoat had come off a while ago, as he carried it in his hands. Even the sword on his back felt unusually heavy, and it was even more uncomfortable with the heat.

He'd decided that he had enough of this awful place and planned to abandon his search for the supernatural. So he turned right around and made his way back to the boat ... only that the beach and the boat never came into sight. He wasn't sure how exactly it had happened, but he must've gotten turned around in the jungle. And now, wandering around lost with only bugs and heat as companions, he grew progressively more frustrated.

About then a voice hailed him from above. "Huh?" Kaz looked up, hardly expecting to see a girl in the trees. He blinked in surprise, his mind catching up to what she had just said. Sandy? Why'd she call him that? Maybe she had mistaken him for someone else. "Are you... a ghost?" He wondered, frowning a bit. She seemed very normal looking for a ghost. Actually, too normal looking. He thought that any locals here would have... different taste in clothing, or something. Well, maybe that was unfair to her - normal wasn't quite the right description. She was still a pretty young girl. Maybe a little too young... but close.

"Nah, nevermind, you're not scary enough to be a ghost - you're too cute," he grinned disarmingly at her. "My name's Kasimir, not Sandy... I was just doing some exploring until my ship decides to depart - stopped here a bit to check the engine or something, the lacrima's acting up," he paused. The girl looked cross for some reason. Maybe it was just her fierce face she showed for strangers. "Who are you though, you don't seem like a local either?" He wondered. Although he also mainly wondered why she'd asked him what he was doing here, instead of who he was first.

Last edited by Kasimir Sewik on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Kotone raised an eyebrow. He thought she’d actually called him Sandy. Within a moment she was right next to him, standing decently close, though she was neither overly close nor overly friendly because of it. Wounded pride or not, she still had that same attitude with strangers she always had. Kaz was at least partially correct on that front. “You’ve got sand on your back,” she told him, glancing at his shoulder but not bothering to help brush it off. She also didn’t react to being called pretty. Though it was a lot better than being told she had the sex appeal of a carrot like the jerk who beat her had said.

She crossed her arms, looking him up and down quickly in appraisal. He had a big sword. Was he a mage or a soldier? She had no way of knowing just yet, and he mostly smelled of sand and earth. That could easily be what he had been laying in. “To answer your question,” Kotone relaxed a bit, deciding this guy was no threat, at least not now. She didn’t drop the attitude like she did her guard though. “I’m no ghost, no.” she informed Kasimir as she started to casually circle him. Her hands were behind her back because she didn’t have a jacket to stick them in. “Nor am I a local.” Kotone held up a hand and a shard of ice formed, shattering when she closed her fist and dropped her arm. “Unless ice is a common magical theme in a tropical island.”

Kotone was sweaty, hot, and generally miserable. Sandy here was proving to be her one distraction for a little while, and while she generally wasn’t social, she was willing to engage him in conversation for a bit just to get her mind off of the heat. She flashed him a grin – the one that revealed her fangs. “So, Sandy, what brings you to this accursed isle of the ghosts of those who died of heat stroke?”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:58 am

Unconsciously Kaz leaned back when the girl infiltrated his personal space, staring up at him as if he'd just done something seriously wrong. At the sand comment, he also looked to his shoulder, seeing a few grains sticking out. He brushed some off, but the feat was rather hard to do one-handed while he carried his coat, so he was pretty sure there was a lot more sand still there. He grinned at her again, although it was really more of a nervous grin this time. He'd have to be blind to miss her checking him out - she was so short her entire chin moved as she looked him up and down. And now she was circling him like a cat. Curiously he watched her, although being apprised under such scrutiny did make him feel a bit awkward and self-conscious; he didn't really understand what she was looking for. Unless she was planning to eat him. That didn't sound fun.

"Uh." It was like everything he'd just said had gone over her head. She was still calling him Sandy, she hadn't given her own name, and she was still asking about why he was there. If she hadn't directly answered the ghost question, Kaz would have thought she didn't hear him. Speaking of ghosts, maybe she actually was one. Ghosts were supposed to be scary, and she seemed a little scary. "I know I'm really handsome and it's hard not to stare, but you're going to make me blush at this rate," he winked at her. "So what's your name, or should I just call you Snowflake?" If she refused to call him by his name, he was going to make nicknames up too. He really didn't know what kind of magic a local would have here... but probably not ice magic, Kaz guessed. If she was flaunting her magic around so freely, he supposed she must be a guild wizard, probably sent here on one trip or another. It would also explain her fixation on 'why' he was here. Kaz just went wherever the wind took him. "Pretty nifty trick though. At least you can avoid the heat-stroke death fate with that ice." Yeah, ice magic would be pretty swell right now. Too bad Kaz's couldn't serve much practical use.

"Really, though, there's not much more to say why I'm here outside of what I just said. I was just taking a walk while they patch things up. Thought I might catch a ghost or something, I've never seen a ghost before." Kaz was interested in ghosts, but he was more interested in a mysterious girl who popped out of the jungle. She clearly hadn't been on the same boat he'd been traveling on. "How about you though, what brings you here?"
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am

Kasimir made a joke about being good-looking, to which Kotone's neutral expression didn't change at all. One more quick eye flick over him. "Uh-huh." she said as if she wasn't entirely convinced. Of course, she did have eyes, and she could have had a lot worse to look at. But the ice dragon slayer didn't do romantic. Or at least she hadn't yet. It involved being much closer to people than she'd ever been willing to get, or at least allowing that possibility. Her name was asked this time, and he even offered to call her a nickname if she didn’t say anything. She stopped in front of him. “Snowflake, huh? Cute.” She told him. She sounded unimpressed, but she was a fan of cute things, and that nickname was actually rather cute. She didn’t mind being called that if it was not in front of people she’d rather intimidate or something.

“First off, I’m not sure Snowflake fits someone like me,” she told him. Normally she’d show off a bit more, but she’d recently been taught a lesson, and though she was naturally cocky, a lot of it was… on vacation. She was more in the mood to amuse herself and not think about her troubles, since she didn’t have time to fix them, and her own search had turned up nothing so far, as far as her job went. “And second, my ice magic doesn’t do much for me, sadly. Maybe it’s like that for most ice wizards. Or maybe it has something to do with being the ice dragon slayer.” She said with a shrug. Normally she puffed up or bragged more when she brought up her magic and heritage. Not this time. "You can call me Kotone."

“As for what brings me here, not ghosts. I’ve got plenty of ghosts that don’t require a trip to the worst place in Fiore.” She hated boats. She hated tropics. She hated the humidity. She hated the fact that it wouldn’t even rain and cool her off. She hated that Tatsuma made her feel weak and she wanted to lash out, but she was going through a less self-confident phase at the moment, and the last stranger she’d picked a fight with had beaten her to a pulp. Her act was a lot of bravado right now. That and the need to not look weak while on a job to save villagers. She knew she was stronger than a lot of mages despite that… but she didn’t exactly feel it since her ego had been given a beating worse than her body had. No bruises were visible though. She actually came out looking a lot better than she felt.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 pm

So she didn't think Snowflake fit her? "You're plenty cute, just a little cold, it totally fits you," Kaz disagreed, his grin returning to its normal self. What the girl chose to pick out said a little about his character. And regardless of how she acted, she was still just a girl. Maybe it was more like she was trying to act grown-up rather than scary. He wasn't completely convinced yet, but it gave him more peace of mind to think about her like that.

He was surprised to hear that her ice magic didn't cool her off. What was the point of such magic if it couldn't be used in a place like this? He really couldn't understand how she could form an ice shard and yet be immune to its coolness. There was a lot of strange magic in this world. Then again, maybe it was like other magic - like flames typically didn't burn the one who used it. Maybe her ice magic was the same way. Until she mentioned her dragon slayer status.

His only reaction was to blink. Oh, he'd heard rumors of dragon slayers before. Kaz didn't know much about the world, but he did know a lot when it came to fighting and being strong. Dragon slayers were supposedly god-like in strength and magic, outstripping normal humans. Dragon slayers had larger pools of mana, giving them access to abilities others couldn't dream of. ...She claimed to be a dragon slayer, but she looked like just a normal girl to Kaz. A girl who could summon ice shards, but a normal girl nonetheless. Besides, dragon slayers were so legendary, that Kaz was fairly certain they wanted to keep a low profile. Running up to strangers and announcing their status hardly seemed like something a dragon slayer would do. Plus, he'd met the other dragon slayer Vortex... now that guy certainly had a mysterious feel about him. At first Kaz had thought he was just trying to play it cool, but finding out that he was a dragon slayer... it wasn't hard to believe when the proof presented itself.

"Um." Kaz almost said something, but decided against it. She seemed like the type of person who would take offense at his disbelief. At least he'd finally managed to wring her name out, although if she kept calling him Sandy... he was going to keep calling her Snowflake. She seemed like a foul mood. Or maybe she was just always like this? "You're not stranded or something are you? I'm sure the Captain could make room for another if you need a lift back," he offered, although he didn't really expect her to agree. "Don't tell me you're treasure hunting or something." That could certainly explain her suspicion of him when they first met. And why she so adamantly wanted to know what he was doing there. He could've been competition to her.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Kotone could tell he didn’t believe her. She let out a frustrated sigh, crossing her arms. “First off, I hate boats,” she told him without explaining why. It was, of course, her severe motion sickness. She  could barely stand to be on boats. It took a lot to even stand without throwing up when she was on one. “And second, I’m not stranded here. I’m looking for something dangerous.” She wasn’t going to explain what it was. This kid didn’t need to put himself in harm’s way because he thought a girl needed protected. She resented people thinking she needed protection anyway.

“As for not believing me, you see the fangs?” she asked him argumentatively as she pointed one of them out on her teeth. “How many normal people have those? I’m willing to bed not a lot.” She looked over at a rock and picked it up. “Besides…” she dropped the rock and stomped on it, which shattered the poor defenseless rock. “I’ve got other proof.” She wasn’t sure why she wanted him to know she was a dragon slayer. She certainly didn’t deserve it anymore, not with the way she’d become so lax lately. But she was a prideful girl, if nothing else, and she hated when people didn’t believe her. She wasn't about to give up every shred of pride over one loss. Often a simple display of strength was enough to convince people otherwise. A teenage girl who looked just like a normal teenage girl souldn’t just crush large rocks.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:06 am

Kaz lapsed into silence at Kotone's explanation. If anything, her reasoning made even less sense to him. "I don't like boats either... but if you're not a local... how else would you get on this island?" He pointed out. Actually, he hated boats. They made him seasick, mainly because he couldn't feel the earth between his feet. The earth Kotone had smelled on him earlier... maybe it wasn't just the sand. Maybe it had to do about his magic. He wasn't sure, but that sounded... actually kind of terrifying, if she could know what magic he used just through her smell. Nah, he was over thinking this. Probably just the sand.

...And now she thought that having fangs proved she was a dragon slayer. Kaz looked away, hoping his face didn't betray his emotions. He knew he wasn't a great actor, but he had been hoping to avoid his kind of confrontation. Mainly because, he was right - she seemed offended at his disbelief. Kaz had never heard of dragon slayers having fangs before... and even if they did... he was pretty sure being a dragon slayer entailed a lot more than having sharp teeth. "Yeah dang, long fangs. Hope you're not a vampire either. Although maybe that wouldn't be so bad, I haven't met a vampire either........" One of those times again... he needed to shut up, but he just kept talking.

His attention returned to her when she picked up the rock and crushed the poor thing. "....." He knew he couldn't hide his expression now. Somehow that simple act had made him feel incredibly pained. It wasn't like rocks had feelings; he couldn't speak out against her destroying a non-living thing. But somehow that single act of anger meant more. Like it was a metaphor for their meeting, and he was the rock, and she'd just crushed him. "So uh, you said you're looking for something dangerous. Sounds dangerous," he decided to change the topic, although perhaps not as eloquently as he'd intended. "What are you looking for? Doesn't seem like the best thing to do alone." He didn't want to see her other methods of 'proving' her dragon slayer status. If she really didn't know what was going on, she might need his help.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:22 am

Kotone couldn’t quite tell if Kasimir was disgusted or frightened. Some people didn’t really look kindly on her combative nature. Suddenly though, she remembered her confrontation with Tatsuma. This wasn’t the same thing, and she was trying to work on pushing people away less. She’d said that to herself when she talked to him after the fight. Thus, she didn’t continue on her ego trip she so badly wanted to reinflate for the first time in a couple of days. “I’m no vampire,” she told him simply, sounding a bit quieter. If she seemed schizophrenic… well that was a little bit normal with the way she acted with people… though usually it was just part of several layers conflicting with one another to protect her from mental harm. This time it was because of an actual conflict in her mind.

“Yeah, I’m looking for something dangerous.” You should cooperate. Don’t cause a fight. Don’t get too cocky and push the guy away so quickly. “And I’m not doing it alone. I’ve got a couple of…” there was an awkward pause, “…. friends…. helping me out with this job. It shouldn’t get too bad.” She’d metaphorically crushed him just now. Wasn’t she supposed to be the hero? Wasn’t she supposed to keep people safe? She needed to stop being so hypocritical. At least that’s what she was telling herself at the moment. Still, she didn't need to involve him. She didn't need to tell him about the kidnappings. He was safer not knowing.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Every time Kaz thought he figured the girl out, her personality seemed to do a complete flip. First, Kotone had seemed cold or like she was trying to act older than what she was. Then, she seemed like she was trying to scare him. Now, she looked almost sad. It made Kaz feel guilty, although he wasn't sure what he'd done. He hoped it wasn't the vampire comment. He didn't actually think she was a vampire; it had just been a joke.

"H-hey, don't worry so much," he tried to cheer her up. "If you're so worried about doing this job alone, I can help you out. I've got some time to spare, anyway." He'd actually gotten the complete opposite message of what Kotone had been trying to say. The way she paused when she said 'friends', made him think that... "Even if you got into a fight with your friends, I'm sure they'll forgive you once they get some time to cool down. But until you get things worked out, I'll keep you company. It wouldn't do to let such a cute little girl wander the dangerous jungle alone," he winked. "I might not be a dragon slayer, but I'm still plenty strong. And if you're worried about the treasure or reward or whatever, I'm totally fine with passing it up. It's worth it just to share your company for a bit." Maybe that explained her earlier bravado; she was more frightened of what lay ahead.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Okay, now it was Kotone’s turn to be confused. What in the world?! Was he even listening to a word she was saying? She shouldn’t be out here alone? He was willing to help? She hadn’t asked for help! Kotone wasn’t even sure how to react to what she was pretty sure he thought was a compliment of being a cute little girl wandering through dangerous jungles alone. So… she stood there for a moment, looking at Kasimir like he’d gone mad. What was this guy on?

“Look, Sandy,” she told him, finally regaining her composure. She willed herself to not just try to chase the guy away by being a jerk. She had promised herself to stop that and this guy was at the very least, great practice. She still had a bit of her attitude though, and she crossed her arms with a bit of a confused frown. At least it didn’t exactly look angry. “I might be a bit younger than you, and shorter, but I’m no little girl running through the woods alone. I’ve got people out here helping me look for something. I didn’t have a fight with them… today… and I’m hardly worried about being attacked by a few trees or a few woodland creatures.”

Kotone let out a sigh, placing her fingers on the bridge of her nose as she calmed herself down. She was about to start yelling. She always started yelling when they didn’t listen to her other tactics. She wasn’t going to do that right now. “If you want me to accompany you  for a bit, though, I would be willing to tour the forest with a bit of company. I suppose.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:07 am

Somehow Kaz kept misunderstanding Kotone. It was like they both spoke two different languages, or their responses kept going over the other's head, or... something. Kaz blinked as Kotone ranted to him about how she could take care of herself. She hadn't had a fight with her friends... today... Kaz wondered how long ago it had happened. He doubted Kotone would be eager to apologize, and knew little of her friends, but... if they were friends, he was certain they would make up in their own time.

Even though he was being nearly yelled at, a small smile creeped its way back onto Kaz's once-confused face. "Alright Snowflake, I'm sorry, I don't doubt your strength," he apologized, seeming to understand now the right way to go about this situation. Although he doubted her dragon slayer status, he figured Kotone was probably strong. She wasn't a local, and she wouldn't be here on this island for a vacation. If she came with friends, it showed a little bit of foresight and planning. "Let's start over. I'm new to these parts, so how about you show me around? I'd be honored to have such a cute Snowflake as my guide." It wasn't much of an exaggeration. Kotone was pretty cute in her own, trying-to-act-tough attitude, and Kaz was interested in learning more about her than the actual jungle around them. Besides, the island seemed like a prime place for adventure. "Don't suppose you know someplace that's haunted around here?" He wondered, figuring she probably wouldn't let him help with whatever mission she was on.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:33 am

Alright, fine. He could call her snowflake. It was admittedly cute anyway. Even if she didn't think it fit, what with her being a rough-around-the-edges tough girl and all. But she wasn't going to complain. Kotone put her hands on her hips for a moment as he continued to flirt. She wondered if he could possibly be serious. Who tried to pick up random girls who they found in the forest? For a moment, she looked at him seriously before finally grinning slightly. She was starting to push her bad mood aside for the moment, and figured she might as well 'show him around.' Although really that meant walk around and show him that ,yes, the forest did indeed have a lot of trees. She didn't know anything about it either.

"Alright, Sandy," she told him, her grin turning a bit more playful as she forcefully shook off the majority of her want to yell at him. He was doing a good job of being smooth for once. She was pretty cute, at least. At least that's what she told people, whether she truly believed it or not. "Let's go for a walk."

The pair started walking through the woods, with Kotone making very conscious effort to not be her normal self, and instead be friendly and walk beside him. She wanted her jacket back so she could stick her hands in her pockets, but since that would have probably melted her, all she could do was put her hands behind her back. "So, Sandy, what's with the sand camo? Did you fall off the boat onto the beach?" she asked him, her tone as playful as the grin she'd adopted. "Or do you make a habit of napping in the sand while fully dressed?" It might not have been the nicest thing to ask, but at least she was trying.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Finally Kaz seemed like he was off to the right foot now. Or at least Kotone was smiling in a non-devilish way. That had to be a plus, right? He followed eagerly next to her, glad that he had somehow managed to convince her to stick around. If he missed his boat, he wasn't sure he would mind... because if this girl had gotten on the island and she wasn't a local, she had to have some way off too.

He laughed good-naturedly when she asked about his sand 'camo'. Actually, her first guess hadn't been too far off. "I'm not that fond of boats, like you," he admitted, remembering what she had said earlier. "I was so happy to be back on land, I made a sand angel," he told her. He didn't really mind if it seemed childish. Just being alive, alive without feeling seasick, was a great pleasure. Only second to sharing Kotone's presence. Maybe.

"You know... you still never told me how you got on this island," he said. "If I miss my boat because I'm wandering around with you... I hope you don't mind me hitching a ride back." He looked around them, wondering where exactly Kotone planned to take him. They were certainly heading deeper into the jungle, rather than towards the beach. "I'm pretty much at your mercy here, you know," he decided to switch his approach. Like always, his thoughts were still on the girl before him, and how to best talk with her. Kotone had nit-picked a lot of what Kaz had said, but nothing about his cute or Snowfalke comments. She also seemed like the kind who always wanted to be in control; independent, but feminine. "You could lead me into a trap and I'd never stand a chance. Although if I was your prisoner, I don't think I could complain much...." He winked at her.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Kasimir kept talking about how he also didn’t like boats and how he’d made a sand angle, which caused Kotone to chuckle slightly. It was easier to chuckle when she was trying her hardest not to be quite as guarded around people she wasn’t familiar with. At least, the non-condescending chuckle that Kotone was known for when she was feeling cocky. She didn’t really answer though, strolling through the woods. If she found what she was looking for, she was likely sending him straight back in the opposite direction.

“I took a boat too,” she told Kasimir when he insisted that she hadn’t told him how she got to the island. “There’s a dock on the other side, you know. With a village and everything.” She rolled her eyes at what was apparently the paranoia of the captain of Kasimir’s boat. She didn’t say whether he could have a ride back or not, though.

That was when he switched gears. It reminded Kotone of what she had been doing earlier, only his seemed less struggling and more… annoying. Was he really trying to flatter her by saying he was at her mercy? She was pretty sure he was anyway. She glanced over at him without turning her head all the way, trying to keep reminding herself that appearances were deceiving and that she had already suffered once from making the wrong assessment of someone.

That’s when Kasimir got weird. The weird that made Kotone blink for a moment in surprise, before blushing and looking away slightly before grinning playfully again. Don’t get angry. Don’t chase more people away. You don’t need more enemies. You’re a hero. She rounded on him, her hands still behind her back, her grin revealing her fangs again. “Is that so? I mean, I am pretty sexy I know. But trust me,” Kotone jabbed his nose mostly gently with a finger to get his attention. “It’ll take a lot more than some idiotic flattery to get me to fall for you, pretty boy.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Kaz had secretly been hoping that Kotone had found some way of flying to the island. That would have been the perfect opportunity to avoid boats. However, he hadn't expected there to be a dock and entire village on the other side of the island. Dang, why didn't the Captain choose to land there instead? That would've been so much more convenient.

He was watching her carefully after his last comments. Barely he caught the blush, right before she looked away - although the fact that she was hiding her face said far more than her words. He peered curiously, unprepared for when she abruptly rounded and poked his nose. At first he blinked in confusion, but then the smirk was back again. "Is that so?" He casually leaned against a nearby tree. "I mean of all insults you could've used, admitting that I'm good-looking isn't so bad. Besides, unless my eyes deceived me, I thought I saw you blush. Perhaps your heart has already fallen and it's just your mind which denies your feelings." Before Kotone could object, Kaz reached for her hand. He clasped it warmly, coy smile still unwavering. "I know that my heart has certainly been captured by you already. It's too hard to accept quietly, so please forgive my boldness." Kotone's earlier comments had only served as both a challenge and opening. Instead of giving up, Kaz was only more determined to earn Kotone's affection. Maybe this strange jungle wasn't the best place for a confession, but he doubted they would ever run into each other again. Might as well skip a few steps.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Kotone was unprepared this time for just how delusional Kasimir could actually be. He grasped her hand in his firmly, proclaiming that she had already fallen for him, and that he had fallen for her. Kotone blinked for a moment again. He seemed to at least have the ability to stun women into silence as they tried to grasp for whatever passed for his thoughts.

Kotone’s fist clinched in his hands as her face shifted to a scowl and she closed her eyes. The air around her suddenly plummeted in temperature – as cold as ice, if he was paying attention – and frost began to form on the ground around her. While she hadn’t yet mastered it, she had enough raw magical energy that it was manifesting as she fought to keep control of her temper.

Kotone’s right eyebrow twitched. “I don’t know what planet you live on,” she told him angrily, “But if you think I’m some airheaded bimbo that would fall for an idiot like you then you’re sadly mistaken.” Kotone removed her arm from his rather forcefully, the air beginning to warm back up as she decided not to just hang him from a tree branch and come get him when she felt like it. Yet.

Sure, Kotone was secretly more romantic than she acted, but between her inability to get that close to people, and her general dim outlook on her life, she didn’t appreciate people flirting before they’d earned the right to. Even now, when she was feeling more humbled than she had in a while… this was not someone who had that right. “I’d thank you to keep your childish desires to yourself before they get you hurt. And keep your damn hands to yourself too,” she told him, crossing her arms and turning away grumpily.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:57 am

Apparently the direct approach wasn't the best way with Kotone. Kaz's hands were forcefully thrown from Kotone. He stared at her, stunned, hands frozen in place from where she'd slapped him away. Aww, now her insults were much more real, not the same teasing she'd done earlier. Kaz's teeth began to chatter as Kotone suddenly became much more threatening. No wait, actually it was just because the temperature was quickly dropping. He was cold? He'd missed the part where he was supposed to feel refreshed from jungle heat relief, somehow instead jumping straight into the uncomfortable freezing. Although he knew Kotone was an ice wizard, Kaz didn't realize her magic responded to her emotions. Or maybe she was planning to attack him in a few seconds, emotional or not.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Kaz crossed his arms, shivering, trying to defuse the situation. He looked up at Kotone with puppy dog eyes. She was harsh. It had stung a little, but he wondered if she was capable of recognizing his pain. Or if she even cared. So he did try to look sad, although in truth there were far worse fates in life. But he'd just been turned down pretty clearly so... he had to at least act the part. In truth, he was still confident that he could win her over. Later. Not right now. She'd made that pretty clear, and he didn't want to ruin his chances completely.

"It won't happen again, please don't be angry." He was too close to begging for it to be considered anything except that. Although what he was exactly promising to stop, that was up to interpretation. He still planned to try again later. "Lead the way?" He suggested. Which was actually more of a can I still go with you indirect question. Just how angry had he made Kotone? Usually when Kaz was turned down, it wasn't quite so... explosive.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:07 am

It might have taken some angry words and a bit of cursing, but Kasimir seemed to have gotten the point. Even if his tone sounded to her like he thought she was being unreasonable. Was she? Being all girly with her feelings and fawning over people like he was her wasn't exactly something she was very familiar with, she supposed with a sigh as she rolled her eyes and turend to face him again. She was still frowning. His advances made her uncomfortable, as these sorts of things always did. “Well, come on Sandy. I’d hate to lead you into the woods then let you get lost and die or something.”

It wasn’t exactly a joke, but she wasn’t sure he would die out in the woods either. He was probably at least a little bit capable with that sword on his back, after all. Kotone let out another sigh, blowing her long bangs out of her face as she started walking again, this time in front of Kasimir, for at least a little ways. Though now she was also self-conscious about what kind of weird pervert Kasimir was as she tried not to pay attention to whether or not he was staring at her.

After a little ways, she’d calmed down a bit. She slowed down and allowed Kasimir to catch up with her. “So are you always this dramatic with pretty girls, or am I some sort of special case?” She asked him, more to make conversation than anything. Of course, if he declared his feelings to any girl that caught his eye…. Well she would probably want to kill him again, she admitted. Though exactly why, she couldn’t say. Perhaps on some level she did like the idea of men swooning for her. It just wasn’t who she was, though. She wasn’t the romance type.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:48 pm

At least Kotone wasn't yelling at him anymore. So they were making progress, or at least a little bit. Kaz was honestly glad that Kotone was still willing to show him around. Either he hadn't made her too mad, or she was willing to forgive him quickly. As long as he played the part, at least. Dutifully he followed a few steps behind her, giving Kotone a respectful distance. Despite Kotone's paranoia, Kaz was not staring anywhere where he shouldn't be. Although he was watching her back mainly so that he knew where he was going.

Kaz did wonder briefly where they were going. The forest was getting uncomfortable. He'd much rather be talking to this pretty girl in a more hospitable land. But then, he supposed it would be much harder to start up a conversation without their current set of circumstances. When Kotone started to slow down, and the terrain ahead looked the same as it always had... Kaz took it as his cue. Kotone must've cooled down enough or at least partially forgiven him.

Eagerly he lengthened his stride and caught up with her. Kotone's question was so direct, it was painful. His face flickered between the joy of being talked to again, and fear of being caught. Yeah, he knew by the world's standards that he was considered flirtatious. He liked girls, he wanted them to notice him, and he wanted more than a 'hey let's be friends' and casual conversation. His first attempts at talking with women had been disastrous, but when someone really wanted to learn, they could. But Kaz quickly found out that relationships entailed being committed, maybe it was strange but he wanted the relationship without the commitment. He was of the opinion that life was fleeting and might as well take risks and be daring... pursuing all paths rather than limiting to one. Regrettably most other people didn't think the same way.

Which was why Kotone's question put him in a predicament. Kaz was terrible at lying. But neither could he insult her by saying he did this with everyone he met (because really, he did with anyone with at least half-decent looks). "Please, no one can come close to matching your beauty," Kaz decided on, managing a convincing grin. At least he meant that. In this moment at least. "I have no ill intentions, if that's what you mean. Can you blame me for being interested? It's not every day I find someone like you, on a mysterious island, no less."
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Kasimir was eager to catch up with Kotone when she slowed down to be a bit more social. She was willing to give him another chance. After all, he might just be that dumb. It certainly seemed like this might be the case. Of course, the first thing out of his mouth would be about how no one could come close to her beauty. She was aware she was good-looking, and actually thought so, herself, but that didn’t mean she thought he was anywhere near telling the truth. “If you’re going to lie about my looks, at least be realistic,” she told him with a resigned sigh.

Kotone hadn’t really thought someone being interested in her would be so irritating. She felt like he wanted her for being a pretty girl, not for being Kotone. It made her want to punch him again, despite his kind (if manipulative) words. “I doubt it’s every day you’re on a mysterious island,” Kotone countered casually. “And trust me,” she turned her head to give him a bit of that cocky look Kotone was so well known for in the past. “There’s no one like me,” she flashed him a fang-revealing grin again, her tone changing to match the confidence her grin gave off. “So yeah, you’re right about that last part, anyway. And no, I can’t blame you for being interested in me. People always want what they can’t have.”

Kotone had started walking again, and they hadn’t turned back around to go towards the boat. If she was going to be stuck with him, at the very least she was going to be doing the job she was supposed to do and look for the kidnapper’s hideout while they walked.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Kaz was honestly torn with his dealings with Kotone. In some ways she seemed pretty cute, in other ways they seemed completely incompatible. If he could just figure out what she wanted or liked, that would make it so much easier. Kaz sighed, his future with Kotone was still going downhill. Kotone might have forgiven him, but she clearly didn't trust him. Or at least trust any of his flattering words. After their last scene, he wasn't about to tell her that he still thought he had a chance. "Owch, you don't pull any punches, do you?" Kaz mock flinched. "I just poured my heart out, and now you're making fun of me!" ...But really, he was starting to wonder just how much confidence this girl had. He had met a few girls who considered him out of their league, but he'd never heard one say there was no one like them. Did that have to do with Kotone believing that she was a dragonslayer? ...That didn't seem very romantic. But maybe that was a better alternative option than what Kaz thought she was trying to say.

"Wait... you are interested in guys, right?!" He blurted out his realization. Maybe she hadn't meant it as an insult at all. Maybe Kotone had meant that no guy could have her. It wasn't exactly something he should ask, but he had said it without thinking. The realization had been too shocking. If that was true, then he really did stand no chance, and there was little reason to plot Kotone's fall for him. He had never met a girl like that in person, although he supposed maybe he had without realizing it. Most people didn't wear their sexual preference on their shirts.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Kotone opened her mouth to retort that she wasn’t making fun of him, but she was interrupted by Kasimir’s sudden blurting out of a rather random and awkward question. She blushed a deep red the moment his words sank in, actually taking a step back as her demeanor went from overly self-confident to awkward teenage girl. “I- I’m not that kind of girl! Of course I’m interested in guys!” she protested. Those were probably the wrong words, but this was not a subject Kotone was used to, nor was she the best at handling matters of love, or even talking about them. The fact that she was stammering meant she was telling the truth instead of being difficult, at least. The fact that she was surprised helped contribute to her shift.

“What kind of question is that?!” Kotone demanded, trying to hide her awkwardness, but failing at this point. “Just b-because I don’t instantly fall in love with you doesn’t mean I don’t like guys, you know!” Her body language was defensive, mostly because when she was made to feel awkward she felt defensive. For all of her bravado, even after her beating, she was still awkward about certain subjects, and true or not, she did like to think of herself as a ‘proper young lady.’ When something poked at that and made her feel the need to defend herself… well, people usually got to see her act like this.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Fri May 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Now they both were in an awkward situation. Kaz's earlier shock had apparently shocked Kotone. Understandable, but completely not Kaz's intention. Then again, the result had made Kotone flush and she was stammering again. So apparently she did have a weakness, although Kaz had taken her by surprise. He ran his fingers through his hair, sighing quietly in relief. In truth he was glad at Kotone's answer - it meant he still had a chance... even if that chance was in the single digit percents. Kotone's answer had been so rushed and earnest, how could it not be the truth?

"Sorry," he apologized truthfully. He hadn't been trying to offend her, and he knew his question had probably been offensive. "I was thinking about what you said earlier, and sometimes I just say out loud what I'm thinking." That much was genuine. He had the awful habit of still talking even when he should stop. To make it worse, he often realized it while he was talking too much of saying something awkward, which only made it all the more painful. "But hey, at least now I know!" He grinned cheerfully, happy with at least that one part. It might've been at Kotone's expense, but at least he had confirmed that she was, in fact, interested in guys. So if there was something she didn't like about him, he'd just have to figure out what and change his approach.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum