FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat guidelines

Go down

Combat guidelines Empty Combat guidelines

Post by PatriotArrow Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:27 am

Combat is pretty lose and fluid if you're rp'ing with the right people. Just make sure you discuss anything that might negatively affect a character before you do it to save drama and disagreements.

The statement above is 100% true. Never forget to communicate with others when RP'ing with them, especially if your characters are fighting. Everyone wants to win. That is, unless it's a plot point for your character to lose. But every battle has a winner and a loser, unless you plan on tying with everyone you ever fight. I don't know about you, but that doesn't really sound fun. I'd much rather lose a good fight than never have a winner.

But to do that, you're going to have to discuss things. Which character is fighting better? Which one will win? The character's rank is a good indication how powerful they are compared to another character. Higher rankedl characters have the advantage, and the further apart they are, the tougher they'll be to beat. A D-rank wizard will be an ant compared to an S-rank wizard, after all!

But just because you're lower doesn't mean you'll lose. Within a rank, you're probably not different enough in strength to automatically declare a winner. But that also introduces the previous complication - deciding who will win. Talk it out, decide what would make for the best RP experience between the two. Sure, the heroes should save the day. But it might be more fun in the long run if they lose and have a reason to get stronger, right?

That said, here are a few more guidelines to combat, in order to help things flow smoothly:

Never ever godmod in a fight. That's the best way to get people to hate roleplaying with you, not to mention you'll get warned or banned for it. And trust me, we don't actually like doing that. More people means more chances to RP, after all! This means no assuming you hit someone with a spell unless you talk it out with them first. If need be, mention what you will attempt if your attack hits or if it fails and let them react to that as well.

On the other hand, while wordiness is great because people love meaty posts, don't go too far. If you put too many steps in a post, especially in a fight, it's likely that parts of your post that were important to you will be glossed over for the stuff near the end. Trust me, it happens to me a lot if I mention too many different things.

Last edited by PatriotArrow on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Combat guidelines Empty Dealing Damage

Post by PatriotArrow Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Characters have a value on their character sheets called "Wound Points," which represent how close they are to falling unconscious or dying (depending on the context). These wound points start at 150, and increase by 50 at every character level.

A character deals a base of 20 wounds for a basic attack with a fist or a foot, or the like.

Spells do damage equal to the number of *'s in power multiplied by 10.

Note: These numbers may be subject to change with further testing; If this happens, we will notify in the announcements.
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down