FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highway Robbery

2 posters

Go down

Highway Robbery Empty Highway Robbery

Post by Tatsuma Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 am

Tatuma entered Oshibana Town with a couple of huge sacks in tow. He had been planning on using the train to get here, but knowing that he was probably going to be getting on a train once he got here kept him from doing that. It was simply too much of a hassle to ride two damn trains all the way to one destination. As such he had decided to walk and during his walk he had decided to hunt, which brought him to where he was now, entering a small down with uncooked meat of various animals in burlap sacks which he had happily trekked all the way to town despite the animals that would have loved for him to just simply drop them. In fact, thanks to that, some of the meat was bear meat. In addition to these things he also came with a collection of hides which was what he carried in the second sack. At the moment he just wanted to buy an inn room and go find a restaurant that would smoke the meat or do something with it for him.
"And only now do I realize I look like a ****ing trapper" He thought to himself, as he decided to stop and get his items taken care of first. After hitting a post exchange area so he could sell his hides he headed to the nearest barbecue place.

To his dismay there were not nearly as many barbecue places in Oshibana town and after finding the only one that was close enough for him to care to walk to, and it was simply a stand with chairs in front of a counter beneath an tent top. He simply dumped the meat out on the counter and looked at the cook with hope in his eyes.
"I'd like to pay you to cook these." He whispered, looking at the shopkeeper with hopeful eyes.
"I'll cost you what it would normally cost to sell them." The guy said. Tatsu almost wanted to start cursing the man out, but manners were manners and even though it was highway robbery it was still necessary to get them made. He prepared to answer the cook but his attention was dragged away by a fairly attractive girl nearby with blue eyes like water and blonde hair.

"I have a better suggestion." He said with his eyes on the girl. Slowly he turned his head toward the cook.
"You make your best dishes with each of those include a ramen, some steamed buns, and some dumplings and I'll throw in an extra fifteen percent on top of the bill." He said, knowing full well there would be enough food for both him and the girl he was about the go talk to. As he worked up the nerve, he placed his hand on the table, the black fairy tail tattoo drawing the cook's attention.
"Make it twenty percent, last fairy tail guy to eat here stiffed me on the bill." The cook demanded. Mentally Tatsuma shook his head and then started going through his mental rolodex to try to figure out which Fairy Tail member would most likely have skipped out on a food bill.
"Yeah whatever twenty percent." He agreed, now simply looking at the girl from the corner of his eye as he tried to workout a way to approach her.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Experience : 436
Primary Magic : Lightning Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Void Magic

Back to top Go down

Highway Robbery Empty Re: Highway Robbery

Post by Verity Lohlepher Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:29 am

Verity was in Oshibana Town because she felt like it. No other reason. She wasn’t there because she was on a mission; she certainly wasn’t there because she liked the town. No, in fact, the only real reason why she was there was because she just wanted to pay a visit the place with the trains. Also there was the added factor that she was bored and it was easy access from Magnolia. Turned out the town wasn’t really the best choice to go if she was bored. If anything, it looked even more boring than Crocus which was saying a lot. The capital of Fiore never got more entertaining. She practically fell asleep on the pathway halfway through walking.

She was in the process of trying to wonder what in Fiore could she actually do in Oshibana town when the delicious smell of barbecue entered her slow drifting thoughts. This definitely sped them up. She knew exactly what she could do in Oshibana town (and about every other town in the world). Eat!
The blonde had suddenly found a purpose. She picked up pace as she followed the scent of meat into a brisk walk rather than the depressed stagger of a dying mouse who was regretting entering a death trap just because it was greedy and liked cheese.

She was wearing her standard shirt/blouse/whatever it was called (clothing names held no interest to her) and a black skirt with sandals. It was her normal garb whenever she was just doing something because. She wore the outfit yesterday and the day before that to. Luckily for the young mage, she didn’t seem like she had been rolling in the dirt unlike other times. She looked pretty nice in fact and she didn’t even smell bad (although this was partly due to the fact she had a shower forced upon her from the landlady before she left that day) which was a miracle of sorts.

Vera did a mini victory dance in real life which looked like hopping up and down three times when she finally reached the barbecue place. However, it didn’t take long for her hopes and dreams to be crushed.
She screamed internally in her brain, glaring at the listed prices very noticeably. Why did a barbecue stall need to be that expensive? All the others she’d been to were much better and much cheaper. And what was this shops logo? ‘Come for affordable and delicious barbecue!’ Yeah right.  How unfair was this restaurant. And it was even worse because the food smelt even better when she was at the actual place. She sighed in defeat. Her pocket was near empty and she refused to pay like a truck load of money just for a piece of meat and noodles. But she was in the mood for food. It was definitely time to ‘negotiate’.

The girl was about to walk up to the stall just as she heard the guy at the stall say he would agree to pay the twenty percent extra. This caused Vera to stare at the table in front of her like it had daisies springing out of it's legs (which was how she would have actually stared at him if she hadn't stopped moving), completely unaware that he was looking at her out of the corner of his eye. She swivelled her head to look directly at him.

“Are you insane? Why would you pay twenty percent extra?” she asked, not bothering that she had probably just interrupted his paying process or that she was some way away from the pair. “That’s not fair!”
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 253
Primary Magic : Re-Quip Magic: The Witch
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:28 am

Tatsu almost cringed when the girl walked up to the stall and kept himself free of that particular reaction. He decided that the best course of action at this point was just simple honesty. He'd gotten over being nervous around girls and had more or less switched to simply being himself and being honest.
"Well actually I just came back from a hunting trip and was paying the guy to cook it, then I wanted him to add in dishes that would go well with however he prepared them and I asked him to cook one for you as well because I was going to ask you to join me for a meal. You've since saved me the trouble." He said, smiling innocently as was his normal habit when explaining something one might describe as less than innocent. He turned to face her as he spoke, taking into consideration her form now that she was closer. She was actually prettier than she had been from further away, that seemed to be the normal state of things with women, at least the ones that caught his eye.

"I had a little extra jewel from selling the hides I got from my hunting trip so I thought it wouldn't hurt to buy a pretty girl a meal. Twenty percent wasn't that high of a price to pay for the privilege." He added quickly after he had finished his earlier statement. It occurred to him that the way he talked might seem a little bit dictionary ridden, but that wasn't really so big of a deal to him, though most people tended to be a little... off put when he started talking like that. Still what was done was done, and he was left waiting to hear her response.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 am

Vera decided to save herself to trouble from shouting at a distance so thus began walking up to the stall after she had shouted. She noticed that the guy didn't seem to react that embarrassed at being talked to from a distance. Instead, when he turned around he was smiling innocently. Suspicious. She didn't think innocent people would react like that. And why was...she noticed that his eyes were a vivid shade of violet, leaving her train of thoughts to come to a halt. That wasn't normal. Her attention was definitely caught. Why was his eyes violet? She'd never seen anyone in the history of ever with that kind of shade. Purple yes, violet no. While she tried to think of some plausible reason why his eyes were violet, his entire dialogue simply passed through one ear and out the other. She probably seemed enraptured by his words on the outside due to her somewhat obsessive staring into his eyes and otherwise, emotionless face, but she could definitely assure anyone, if they asked, that it wasn't the case.

As a result, she blinked and shook her head slightly when she realised he appeared to be waiting for an answer.

"Uhh...what did you just say again?" she said, a small sheepish smile climbing on her face as she mentally hit herself on the head.

He had been saying something about...hunting! And him wanting to ask her to eat dinner and she had since saved him the trouble. She then recalled vaguely that he had paused slightly before then saying that he didn't mind paying extra for something about some pretty girl (she saw no such person around) and then something and then finally something about some kind of privilege. That sounded a bit right. It then occurred to her that he had been psuedo asking her to eat with him. Woah. Wait, what, really? Whether he had or not, she decided she'd just go on what had actually sunk in. So as such, she began speaking, whether she was cutting him off mid-sentence or not, she didn't care.

"Actually, don't worry, I got it." It was at times like this when she really wished she didn't get distracted so easily. If she ended up not getting it, it would be kind of embarrassing. But that was only if she bothered (which she didn't for the record)

"You said...you went hunting and then something about why you paid extra and you also said you wanted to ask me to eat with you except you didn't really ask so no response there although I'm always game for free food...And why are your eyes violet?"

She finished her little ramble that was mostly for her benefit by staring at his eyes again, her question back to the front of her mind.

Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 am

"I-" He started to respond, but cut himself off as he tried to make sense of everything. She had asked him to repeat himself, then said she didn't need him to repeat that and then paraphrased what he had just said in possibly the worst light possible, Then skipped and asked about his eyes. He was slightly confused as to how to answer and which one to answer first.
"Well I was trying to not so awkwardly ask you to eat with me, you being the pretty girl to which I was referring... And I have no idea why they are violet, I guess my dad might have had eyes that were the same color." He said, shrugging as he spoke. That actually got him thinking, Rhidran had always been his mother and he didn't need to worry about any other parents. Now he started to wonder about his father... and if he had a father and his father wasn't a dragon, then he should have a biological mother too right? It was the first time he had thought about it actually. Was this progress then?

So caught up in his thoughts was he, that he had forgotten about the girl for a moment, something he kicked himself for mentally. He had almost trailed off his sentence even, though to anyone looking it was just seem like he was being dopey around a pretty girl. When he checked back in, he noticed her eyes and thought turn about to be fair play.
"As a matter of my curiosity I'm wondering why your eyes are like reflecting pools." He meant it to be poetic but as the words left his lips he realized it might not have seemed that way.
Still she had given him much to think about and he almost could have left except he was waiting on food, and, more importantly, to see if the pretty girl who's name he didn't know was going to actually take him up on the offer. Still, part of him wished more for a fight than an actual date at the moment.

He had no idea that unbeknownst to him, his wish would come true in a way. At that moment two guys who had been nearby whom Tatsuma had noticed, but paid no mind to, appoached the seats one walking up to him, and the other walking to stand behind the girl.
"Now that's not very nice, if you have money why don't you pay for us too." The one standing next to Tatsu said.
"I don't know, I think he should pay for a date for us with this girl." The other one said, leaning over Verity. Secretly Tatsuma wanted to kill these guys, externally though, he simply started laughing.
"Seriously? Is this actually happening? I thought this only happened in stories where the dumbest thugs simply walk up to unsuspecting strangers and start talking. I mean, you guys probably aren't even guild mages. Me? I'm a Fairy Tail mage, you've probably heard about those right? We tend to go a little overboard when you piss us off." He taunted as he chuckled at the situation. It also made him wonder if the girl was a guildless mage. He didn't even know her name.
"You might also have heard of Tatsuma Shinju. That would be me, I specialize in lightning magic and martial arts." He added, hoping his name had gleaned enough fame to keep him from actually having to fight.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:45 am

Verity thought he seemed a little flustered at her supposedly confusing paraphrasing. She didn't think she had been that confusing. He seem to have regained his composure once he started speaking though. So he did try to ask her to eat with him although she didn't see how it was that awkward, him referring to her as the pretty girl which explained why she didn't see any pretty girl (she can't see herself obviously). She knew she was better than average although never in the sense that someone asked her out just randomly. It wasn't like she cared though, about her looks that is. Why she didn't think about the fact that he would have gotten his eye colour from his parents befell her. Well, she guessed he didn't look like the type of person with parents, which was bad on her behalf but simply what she had assumed just by looking at him (which also didn't make sense because people didn't simply come out of nowhere).

While he appeared to be lost in the land of who knows where for a few seconds to everyone else, she just kind of looked expectantly for his continuation of his sentence that he appeared to be leaving hanging, thinking he had forgot what he was about to say. What he did say next just added to her opinion of him forgetting what he was going to say.

Vera's mouth hung slightly open as she raised her eyebrows skeptically at him. Eyes like reflecting pools. Eyes...like reflecting pools. If he was trying to be poetic/romantic/clever, he definitely fell short. If he was trying to sound daft, then congratulations to him, he sure succeeded. She opened her mouth then closed it once or twice like a fish, trying to think of what to say, having a moment of realisation that her question about his eyes probably came out of the blue, before she just decided to respond like he did after all.

"Uhhh, well my-" she began to say before she became aware of the presence of some other random leaning over her and talking to the other guy who was talking to another guy. So for the sake of her head, she decided to call the three guys around her currently guy 1 (being Tatusma), guy 2 (being random guy over her) and guy 3 (the other guy).

Well this is a first she thought to herself.

She decided to just stand there when guy 1 (Tatsuma) started laughing, making her doubt his sanity, and begin his speech about idiots and thugs and blah blah blah, she wasn't listening. Instead, she decided to use her magic because she really didn't like the proximity of guy 2 (the random guy).

"Re-quip: the Witch, Fiera Ignis," she said under her breath.

In the few seconds it took to appear, Verity heard that guy 1 was a fairy tail mage and that his name was Tatsuma Shinju.

"Oh! I recognise that name! Your the one who's rarely at the guild right?" she said enthusiastically, turning to face him, excited to find out that he was from the same guild as her.

And as it so happens, her broom appeared in her hands at that moment. She didn't know how bad her timing could be. Accidentally of course, the broom managed to appear side ways for once and she, expecting it to appear vertically started to twist her hand so it wouldn't fall out of her hands. The end result was the broom stick's staff part being headed straight towards Tatsuma's face. She had amazing luck didn't she?

135/150 MP

Fiera Ignis:
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Tatsuma opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the sudden appearance of a spear... or broom rather, following some sort of incantation from the girl. To make matters worse he took a smack to the face with it, directly resulting in the conclusion that she was working with these guys.
"Yes I also tend to not be at the guild hall all that often.." He said as he rubbed his face where it had gotten smacked. She had spoken under her breath, but his hearing was still that of a dragon slayer and he caught the words re-quip. Did that mean she was one of the re-quip mages? And if she had heard of him did that mean she was a dark guild member or something? He didn't get long to contemplate it as one of the guys grabbed him.

"Why are you ignoring us, eh?" The first guy said as his grip tightened. Meanwhile the other guy didn't make a move, he was too busy staring at the girl's chest. The seemed like enough evidence they were working together. Tatsu used no magic as he grabbed the guy's wrist and punched the inside of the elbow, twisting the arm around and bending the wrist inward to force the guy to bend over and put himself in an awkward position so he couldn't attack.
"Which leads me to wonder, are you working with these goons. They don't seem skilled enough to be operating without a ringleader. You wouldn't happen to be that ringleader would you?" He asked, confident he already knew the truth and that she would simply reveal herself to be the bad guy behind the curtain that was pulling all the strings, and completely unsuspecting of the fact that she was a Fairy Tail mage, or that the hit with the broom and the second guy not moving were all just bad coincidences.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 am

Verity widened her eyes as she saw the broom in her hands hit Tatsuma directly in the face. Whoops. Almost immediately, she drew the broom away back to her side. It definitely never was a good start to meeting other guild members by hitting them in the face. accidentally or not. Still, she couldn't help but bite her lip in an attempt to avoid opening her mouth and actually laughing at him. She could tell he sure hadn't been expecting that.

She wondered what he was thinking now. It didn't occur to her that he had begun to form an idea that she was from a dark guild. Instead, before her brain would have been able to reach that conclusion (which might have taken a while), her attention snapped back to the situation at hand when Guy 3 very politely asked in a rude voice why he was being ignored.

Also. because she was generally oblivious to things she didn't care about aka Guy 2, she just kind of stood there watching Tatsuma, no longer Guy 1, easily place Guy 3 into some kind of painful looking position while Guy 2 looked at her and admired his ability to do so. Strength was awesome so thus, her attention would be more drawn to the fighting then to the perverts whom most of the time, she ignored anyways.

Of course she didn't expect the next thing Tatsuma to say was whether she was working with Guy 2 and 3. In fact, she probably stared with that are-you-kidding-me? look at him as she tried to figure out the exact level of his stupidity.

"Oh aha ha ha ha, I'm laughing my a** off. Of course I'm not the bloody ring leader," she said, staring at him unimpressed.

"First of all, if I was planning to rob someone, I wouldn't choose some idiot who probably just spent nearly all their money with them on food, much less someone who looks like a wanted criminal with that sack of yours which, who knows, could have been carrying dead bodies inside along with all that other stuff. Secondly, why would I randomly choose two idiots I don't even know the name of, one of them being a pervert, to help me rob you. And most importantly, why on earth would I target you when I could just target the whole entire friggin' stall!? It's not like there aren't gonna be any witnesses right now are there?"

Anyone could tell that Vera was pretty annoyed, in fact extremely annoyed. Certainly the other people who were formerly eating their meals in peace were captivated by this moving speech that was shouted very beautifully by the blonde. The fact that he seemed soooo sure that she was some random dark guild member (for the record, she hated dark guilds so that didn't earn him any brownie points) hit the top measure and beyond on the how-to-make-Verity-Lohlepher-want-to-kill-you scale. By now, she was full out glaring at him, not particularly caring that they were making a scene. Not that they hadn't been before. For one, the shop keeper didn't seem that happy.

Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:11 am

Tatsuma slid off his stool, much to the discomfort of the guy he had in an arm lock.
"Okay first off, you're not worth the mana, get lost, both of you before I change my mind." He stated, glaring angrily at the both guys. The second guys' attention snapped to Tatsuma whom he only now noticed was holding his friend.
"Hey you can't-" He was cut off by the sound of crackling electricity that surged up Tatsuma's body and sparked at the tip of his hair.
"LEAVE!" He roared. When he tossed the guy he had locked onto the ground he turned his attention back to the girl.
"Now, firstly, you said you've heard of me so you should know I don't kill people and then carry them around, then again it would depend on who you've been talking to. Secondly, you're laughing because you just hit me, that seems pretty bitchy to me, but let's move forward onto where you were talking about bringing down the whole stall. Why don't we take this fight outside, I would really hate to have wasted money for burning down a stall even though I would almost assuredly make you pay for it." He said, grinning, though this time it was a darker, more violent type of smile, the one of someone who enjoyed combat to its fullest.

Preemptively, he stepped outside of the stall, moving far enough away that it would simply be a fight in the street. Illegal? yes, but it wouldn't be something they couldn't just run away from... if he hadn't said his name.
"I will warn you, I tend to go a little overboard. You had better be good enough to back up your mouth and cheap shot you ditz. Of course you aren't the ringleader, it was stupid of me to suggest that, ringleaders tend to be smarter than you seem to be." He said, realizing his mistake, owning it, and insulting her all in the same sentence. He hoped she would get angrier, people tended to make mistakes when they lost out to their rage.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am

Verity’s glare remained focused on Tatsuma as he caused Guy 3 more pain. She crossed her arms and leaned on her broom that was currently propped up vertically. As much as she didn't really care about the personal strength levels of Guy 2 and Guy 3, she couldn't help but wish they had more of a backbone rather than get intimidated by that freak. Electricity running through someone's freaking hair shouldn't be scary. She, for one, did not find that to be scary. Even when he yelled, unlike them, she didn't flinch.

She rolled her eyes when he said if she had heard of him, she should know he didn't kill people etc. Obviously, the guy didn't realise she was from the exactly same guild as him. She didn't actually mean it. If she had, he would know it and if a Fairy Tail mage carried bodies around with them, she'd do a bit more then just comment on it. She would have said something right then but she decided to let him continue on his tandem. What else could he come up with? Turns out, a fair amount. The next bit he said didn't fit so well with her though. A slow anger began to build up. Bitchy? Did he just call her bitch indirectly? Her gaze narrowed but she still managed to keep her cool. And he didn't even actually listen to her.

She opened her mouth to call him out on it when he said why didn't they take their fight outside while grinning and stepping outside of the stall. She was beginning to think he was an actual psychopath. So instead of joining him, she still stayed in the stall. Better let the psychos be psycho by themselves after all.

She was about to turn around and leave when she heard him call her a ditz and insult her intelligence. At this she stopped and clenched her fists. She kept her head down and turned around. She could tolerate being called a bitch, she could definitely tolerate some psycho who was also an idiot. But she hated, absolutely hated, being called not smart enough. If Tatsuma had been trying to anger her, he definitely succeeded. She sent her very best death glare in his direction.

"I wouldn't say you're such a clever person either, you piece of s***," she said in a low voice, spitting out the last word before she took a slight pause to recompase herslef and smirked. "I mean, if you were such a clever cookie, I'm sure by now you'd have figured out that if you started an illegal fight in the street, you wouldn't get away with it TATSUMA SHINJU," She deliberately said his name extremely loudly. "Of course I would since you don't even know who I am," All her repressed anger started to catch up as she was reminded that he thought she was some ringleader. "I mean, it's kind of hilarious that you haven't even saw me once SINCE WE'RE BOTH IN THE SAME BLOODY GUILD!" She said, shouting at the end before calming herself down again. "And you know what, insulting people and saying their not smart is not cool. Calling people a bitch when you barely know them is also not cool. I mean, you're pretty two-faced so I guess that makes you a bit bitchy too. What with that smile pretending to be all innocent when you know you're not. So you wanna have a fight, sure thing, just don't regret it later!"

She stepped back from yelling in his face and turned around, picking up her broomstick before turning back around and going with her instincts by bringing her broom around to try and hit him in the side.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 am

Same guild? He hadn't noticed her guild mark, though he shrugged it off. As she attacked with her broom he narrowly avoided it, dodging by couching extremely low on the ground with his toes pointed forward and his fingertips positioned to spring. His grin changed to a smirk as he activated his lightning flash ability wordlessly as electricity arced over the course of his body, finishing its arc at the tip of his hair. He considered letting his rage smolder and using another power, but he felt as though this girl wouldn't require it. Even if she did he wasn't about to go into primal mode and run the risk of causing serious injury, especially now that he knew she was a guildy, but he had to take her seriously. Re-quip mages were full of surprises, he remembered this as he thought about one he had met who was also a member of the guild and who had repeatedly hit people with wrenches.

He zipped towards the girl, his lightning flash blurring his movements and allowing him to seem as though he were coming even faster than he actually was (which was still pretty fast anyway). Directly under her broom he lanced toward her, activating his lightning storm spell and preparing to strike an open palm plus the momentum of his movement and the reinforcement of his spell aimed directly under her breasts for the diaphragm. Since his loss to Kotone he had been learning to apply his spells in a more efficient way, not just for overpowering damage and effect. The goal, of course, was to drop her to unconsciousness as quickly as he could to minimize the damage. Briefly, his mind flashed to her comment about calling people stupid. She had called him an idiot before he had ever made a comment, and he decided to point that out.

Before he fully registered whether the blow struck or not, he took up standing with his back to her. Ideally he wouldn't have to waste any more mana, but he wasn't counting on that.
"You know, you're the first person who started the name calling. You want to talk down your nose like you're high and mighty. Your insults pretty much seem to consist of restating the ones I've already used. I called you bitchy so you called my bitchy, I called you stupid so you called me stupid. Learn to use your own words." He said cooly, his voice never wavering, no anger or malice present. He was starting to understand her, starting to try to get into her head, and while he was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that he did that as a habit, they were only observations he tried to use to back up the reasons for hypotheses. He saw her as someone that cared about other people's opinions. Not their words, or the way they said them, but the way she felt they generally viewed her. To pick up on things like that she wasn't stupid, but she didn't seem to fully understand when she was being manipulated. She reminded him of how he had once been. This part, however, he didn't share. He would after the fight if somehow they could still be friends. She was still pretty, and part of him wondered where it might have gone if they hadn't fought, but as usual violence just seemed to keep finding him.

Lightning Flash::

Lightning Storm:

WP: 250/250
MP: 210/240
Total agility at current: 7
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:33 am

The first thing Verity noted about him in a fight was that he was fast. Really fast. As he dodged her attack she spun on her foot quickly to face him but by that time he had already gotten under her broom. As usual, she decided to let her instincts take over and started to bring her broom down, gripping it with two hands, in an attempt to perhaps trap him. Perhaps she might have been able to achieve in doing so but she hesitated. She didn’t know why. In any case, he was like a flash of lightning, making it impossible for her to even comprehend his attack before his palm hit her in the diaphragm, sending shockwaves through her and effectively making her breath come hard after she stepped backwards and stabbed her broom in the ground to avoid falling over. She grimaced as he stood up and had no choice but to listen to him, still in the process of catching her breath.

She hadn’t bothered to remember the order in which they started name calling. As far as she was concerned, it didn’t matter. She flinched slightly when he said she was being all high and mighty. She hated that. She didn’t think she’d be acting like that. The only people she knew who acted all high and mighty were bullies and she tried her best to avoid being one. Somewhere deep inside a voice told her she hadn’t exactly been nice but she refused to acknowledge it. Instead, she tuned out on everything else and focused more on what she would do next.

By the time Tatsuma had finished talking she had managed to stay upright and was back to normal for the most part. So from what she gathered, he was some sort of lightning mage. An image of him producing lightning from himself entered her thoughts. She mused slightly. She had fought a lightning mage before, a dumb one albeit, just in a mission. She didn’t think it was normal for mages to produce their own element. She knew the dumb one hadn’t. Psycho aka Tatsuma on the other hand did. A flash of memory occurred to her. The guy she had met in the forest…Kade, she recalled his name…his finger at one point had become light. It had then struck her as weird but she never once pondered more than a few seconds on it. Curious indeed.

She shook her head of her thoughts and decided on what to do next. Obviously she had to be a little creative in order to beat her fellow guild mate. Lucky she was plenty creative. Although, her equipment tended to be too. She took a deep breath. Well, she did like taking gambles in a fight.
Verity leaned back on what foot before dashing forwards at full speed. While she was fairly fast, she had no doubt, he was quicker. Just before she reached him, she placed one foot down on the ground and using the extra momentum she gained from the other foot, she swung her broomstick, to the right hand side of Tatsuma so it would be harder to dodge at the same time she placed her foot down. At that same moment, she muttered “Flaming End,” under her breath causing the bristles of the broomstick to flare up, and brought the broom’s sweeping arc downwards as well.

And because she did like a bit of spice, once the broom once a few centimetres of the ground, she yanked the end she was holding downwards so the broom’s bristles was soaring back up before releasing the actual broomstick. In the time span it probably took for someone to dodge her attack, she summoned Hauskor. She was hedging her bets on being able to summon the dagger without being attacked herself.

WP: 170/200
MP: 115/150

Flaming End:

Hauskor:
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 am

Tatsuma realized when she got too close, though he was curious to see what she had and when she actually brought it, he shook his head, standing in one place as he activated his shock shield. Lightning magic was his specialty, which meant typically it was water or earth magic that got on his nerves but he had learned about being frozen by ice and he had no intention of experiencing the pain that fire would probably bring. When the shield came up he smiled as electricity responded to the fire, blasting back some of the damage as it blocked the rest.  A glyph appeared on his left hand as the lightning flash ability recharged, meanwhile a second glyph appeared on his right hand as he reveled in the training he had been offered by Rhidran.
"DRAGON'S MIGHT!" He roared as violet electricity swirled around him, both glyphs turned violet and he leaped back, moving side to side even more quickly than he had been.
"You do realize I have no intention of letting you off easy. If you talk bigger than you're able to demonstrate you get to pay the price, as a member of Fairy Tail you should know better than that, but since you still like to talk down to people who offer you dinner, then hit them in the face and have the audacity to call them an idiot when they draw a conclusion from your assault, I'll let you decide when you realize your mistakes." He taunted, half venting his frustration, half explaining why they had come to blows.

This was a costly lesson for him too. He was shooting through the mana and was starting to feel the strain. While he wasn't panting yet, he was definitely sweating a bit, and the fact that he hadn't eaten was getting to him. That last attack, while he wouldn't admit it, had very nearly hit him and if he hadn't been as coherent as he was he would have bitten it. As his shield went down he leaped back a second time, seeming to blur even more as he did so. He wanted to talk more, give her a chance to recover so there would be no mistake about what he was trying to point out and how he was doing it.
"Instead of criticizing people you don't know anything about, why don't you ask for lessons? Why don't you let your guild members help you? You're right, you know who I am, you knew I was in your guild before you started calling names and talking down your nose, but I had no idea who you were. You could have just told me your were a Fairy Tail guild member, but instead you attacked me verbally. You took the low road, while my accusation was made out of frustration and annoyance, your retaliation was made of malice and an inability to look to your own ass. Regretting it yet?" He spoke, his voice getting more and more emotionless and by the time he had gotten past the questions it had hit the level he usually reserved for people who had earned the judgement that they were not worth saving anymore and had warranted death.

He lied when he said he didn't kill, but he never took it lightly, and he had absolutely no intention of killing her. He did however want her to feel hopeless, he wanted her to feel as though she had no choice but to look at her own actions so that she would, in fact, look at her own actions. He had already prepared for the next assault, estimating that he dagger would be using some sort of fire spell.

Shock Shield:

Dragon's might:

WP:250
MP: 159/240
cooldown: lightning flash: 2 posts
              Dragon's might: 2 posts
              Shock Shield: 3 posts
              Lightning storm: 2 posts

Total Agility: 8
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Verity cursed as Tatsuma used some kind of shield to reflect her attack back at her. She reeled backwards, albeit managed to stay on her feet. She heard him say some kind of spell about a dragon and jerked her head forwards to see what he was up to. She braced herself for an attack but to her not-very-willingly admitted relief, he simply leaped away. She tried to think up of another attack while he continued to speak. But try as she might, she couldn't concentrate at her attempted task. His words kept on coming back to her. "You know, you were the first person who started the name calling...". The words floated around her head, clouding her other thoughts. His words were the only things she could think about.

The past didn't matter right? And so whoever started the name-calling didn't matter. It was only what was happening right now and he was the one rattling on and on. She shook her head and tried to return to the matter at hand. They were fighting so she must think of how to attack or defend. She had built up a barrier between his words and her brain and now she had to do something. She looked up but stopped halfway, frozen. Somehow or another his words had still managed to register and even worse, were affecting her. Stupid words. She never talked bigger than she was. It was his fault in the first place by accusing her of something she wasn't. She just wanted him to stop talking.

He did grant her wish for a moment but she didn't move, still caught up in thinking whether he was right or not. She knew deep down that he was right in the sense she didn't bother to realise her mistakes, instead blaming it on everyone else. But closer to the surface, she didn't want to believe it because of some fear.

As he started to talk again, Verity's fist started to clench tighter and tighter on the hilt of her dagger till her knuckles were white. The worse thing about his voice was it's deadness. Like she wasn't worth the energy. She bit her lip and tears began to well in her eyes. That was always the case, wasn't it? That she wasn't worth it. That she was a nothing. Useless and incapable. She was caught between slipping back down the path of oblivion and listening to her always dependable but now dead sister and her will to avoid going again. She ended up managing to grasp at the sound of her sister's voice but at the same time in danger of falling. Whatever the case, she didn't feel as inclined to fight anymore.

She dropped her fighting stance and walked with her hands beside her towards Fiera Ignis. She bent downwards and picked it up. She didn't want to look around back at Tatsuma but she did anyways, her pride preventing otherwise.

"You know, you yourself talk as if you haven't done anything wrong. Well maybe if you considered the fact that I spoke before I thought before you just decided to attack me verbally instead of clear up the mess of accusations, I might be more inclined to listen to your lovely words of advice. Sure I may have been in the wrong but don't you dare try and criticise others when you're just as bad. And if you're trying, in some screwed up way, to 'make me see the light of my wrong-doings' by trying to make me feel like nothing then congratulations, you've succeeded. I am a nothing. Embrace the horribleness of your own personality and then maybe, maybe try to get your own head around the fact that if all you wanted was to mold me into a better person, then simply by doing it in a perhaps, less degrading way, it may have well been more effective! I mean, yelling s*** to a person with low self confidence is definitely a great way to achieve your goal!"

She had originally started speaking in a lifeless tone but by the end, all her anger and confusion was clear in her voice. The water in her eyes began to overflow and it was all she could do right then to avoid hating herself and run off. Instead, she turned around before he might have been able to tell she was crying and stalked off until she was at what she thought, a safe distance away from him to run unnoticed and hide away in some alleyway.

WP: 150/200
MP: 115/150
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content