FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trespassing?

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trespassing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trespassing?

Post by Verity Lohlepher Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:05 am

Verity considered Kensie's question. In all honesty she didn't care for stardom. Sure, it was a great opportunity but only if she was trying to become a musical theatre actress. Her goals were surprisingly not involved with the arts at all. Her goals were her sister's goals. Come to think of it she didn't have goals of her own. Not really anyways. From Kensie's expression she could tell that Kensie definitely wanted to be in this play and couldn't understand why she didn't want to.

"No, not particularly," she said finally.

It was nice of the girl to think that she'd do alright. Obviously Isobelle thought so or else she wouldn't have been chucked to the lions den despite her protests. She laughed at the thought that Kensie said she was good enough anyway. A smirk crept onto her face but she kept it hidden. She bet the girl didn't want to do the play by herself. With that thought in mind she concocted a suitable response.

"I guess it wouldn't be that bad. I mean you are begging and I don't think I'd be cruel enough to leave my fellow guild mate to go fend for herself from all those scary actors and actresses that will soon join the show," she said nonchalantly, flipping the front cover of the script called 'A Day In The Life Of'. She couldn't say the title struck her as particularly interesting but she guessed it wouldn't kill her to give it a shot. Besides, she did like trying new things. "Now let's see what this is about shall we?"

Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Kensie was honestly confused as to how someone wouldn’t want the opportunity of a lifetime. She could be a good mage and a star, right? Kensie was certainly willing to try! The fourteen year old spent the next minute or so looking at Verity like she was crazy – until Verity started talking about how Kensie was begging. “A-am not!” Kensie lied defensively. “I just think even you should have a chance to do something awesome,” she continued. It was probably obvious she was lying. She couldn’t bring herself to try hard enough right now. She was too busy flipping through her new script. As Verity suggested they do. It was… weird. But totally awesome in a way an excited fourteen year old who wanted to be a star would find it.

As disagreeable as she could be, Kensie looked up to most of her guild mates, even the ones she found annoying. She was one of the youngest, after all. If not *the* youngest official guild member. She had a desire to hang around and impress everyone in her guild, and even Verity was no exception. Kensie’s eyes widened in a couple of places as she continued to read., but as she read the end page she frowned. “Wait… I’m supposed to die? Like…. Ghost die? They can do that?” she asked, confused.

Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:05 am

Verity suppressed a laugh. Despite the younger girl's protest she could tell she had been begging. "Don't deny it. It's not bad to want someone you know around," she sighed playfully "But anyways, flattered that you think even I should have a chance to do something like this," she continued in a more normal tone, a smirk still firmly planted on her face.

As she was flipping through her script the thought that Roland Houser was a complete weirdo kept popping into her head. It wasn't a bad script but she didn't she would go see the play if it was being advertised. For one, the character she was supposed to play, some Cat or other was also crazy. She wasn't sure whether she should be pleased that her acting talent was so prominent as to make her a major character without audition or angered that they thought she could act as a crazy exorcist on sight. She didn't think she acted like a crazy exorcist in real life. She heard Kensie asked how could ghosts die which caused the other girl to sigh noisily.

"Well, ghosts can die. But it also depends on what you're talking about. Like actual disappearing or actual death? Because my character is an exorcist. Does she kill you?" she said in a matter of fact tone.

She glanced over Kensie's shoulder to see which page she was up to and read it. Okay. Even she had to admit it was slightly strange. The ghost did get exorcised...but she also died? That was confusing. She flipped to the next page to see what happened. It didn't make much of a difference. If anything, it just increased her confusion. She was glad she didn't have to play that role.

Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Kensie made an “I dunno” noise when Verity started asking questions. She hadn’t read in much depth, but she was pretty sure they were going to have to do a lot of “interpretation” to make this play workable. She might be younger than everyone else… but she was pretty sure this didn’t make any sense. The others were going about their routine again for now, so Verity and Kensie were left to read through the script for the moment – at least until they were needed for something. She scooted a stool closer to her and patted so Verity would sit down.

“I think we’re going to have to save this play…” she said with a serious frown on her face. This was her chance! Her moment of greatness! She wasn’t going to let these oddballs who couldn’t write destroy both her dreams and the reputation of this theater! Even if she wasn’t technically a writer or anything. [color=#ff66cc]“They did say it was all open to interpretation… well… I think they don't understand what interpretation means..."/color] She was being pretty serious all of a sudden. She wanted these people to do well, but mostly she wanted herself and Verity to look good. Imagine Fairy Tail’s popularity if they were also local stars in the arts category as well!
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 102
Primary Magic : Imp Form Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:49 am

Verity was thinking this play was in big trouble or she was a mouse. It made no sense and she could barely grasp the concept. She was also a dyslexic and today was not one of the days it had decided to be good. Words jumbled up on the paper and once or twice she had to smack herself in the face to determine whether she had read it right or not. Kensie didn't have any clue either. Now Vera could understand the need for interpretation. She shook her head quickly and when Kensie patted a stool next to her she complied to sit down on it. She murmured a noise of agreement when the girl said they would need to save the play. She didn't say anything more for she was busy trying to decipher some page 56.

As a result, she barely listened to Kensie say something about interpretation. "I guess you're right," she said with the attitude of someone not listening, still focused on reading before looking up to see the younger girl's serious expression. She definitely took this seriously. Vera knew she found it hard to take the play seriously. But it didn't matter. She coughed and pointed to a sentence she was having difficulty reading. It was her line. She was about to ask Kensie what it read before she realised she was entirely fed up with the script.

She then decided they would probably get nowhere if they kept on reading the nonsense as she was only getting more confused. With an air of decisiveness, she threw the script on the ground and left her arms in the air, gesturing to the script. "This script is stupid. Forget interpretation. I think we're going to need to write a whole new one to save the play," she declared. "So I wasn't actually listening to you beforehand so what was it you were saying before? I heard something about interpretation and them not knowing. I'm confused there," She gazed inquisitively at the girl but sooner or later her attention drifted again to the tech people doing something or other. "Actually, I don't think I care. Let's just act," she said before getting herself off the stool and extending a hand to help Kensie up.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 253
Primary Magic : Re-Quip Magic: The Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Kensie shook her head with a chuckle when Verity admitted she wasn’t listening. Kensie could tell when she wasn’t listening. Her parents tried that all the time, after all… and Kensie was a smart kid. Everyone always told her so. “Don’t worry about it. You’re right! We should take the script and redo it so it makes sense! Everyone will thank us… and it’ll be fun!” the ebon-haired girl decided despite a real lack of proof for either of those statements. “I know! Want to blow this place so they won’t get in the way and come to my dorm room? My sister isn’t back yet so we’ll have plenty of space.”

Kensie got up quickly, brushing off her dress and hugging the script to her chest. She was waiting to make sure Verity wanted to come despite being impatient. She was normally apprehensive with Verity because of their past interactions, but at this exact moment, the play came first, and she wasn’t even thinking of anything except for that and that they were guild mates, therefor they could easily work together when they had to. “Once we get it rewritten where it needs to, we can show them and save the day. They’ll recognize my genius and I’ll get to be famous in no time!”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:08 am

The blonde wasn't convinced that taking the script and re-doing it would make it possess more sense. She was even less convinced that everyone would thank them. But most of all, she was having trouble seeing the fun in re-creating a script. If there was one thing she knew about scripts it was they took hard work. Hard work and creativity. While Vera thought she possessed plenty of creativity, she was a bit lacking on the hard working side especially since it was a script. If it was making up a new attack, she would have been all in. As it was, she couldn't say she was too enthusiastic on the idea despite the fact she brought the idea of re-doing it up. So instead of responding in kind, she stayed silent. Luckily for her, the younger girl had a flash of brilliant inspiration saving her from having to say anything.

Vera eyed her warily while she said her idea but found herself nodding and agreeing that it would be a good idea anyways, not to mention it would be better for her sanity if they didn't recreate it here. Obviously Kensie was keen on doing the play well so she guessed she'd just tag along. She wasn't doing anything important after all. The older girl got up more slowly than her younger guild mate and leaned down to pick up her script. While she was doing that she heard Kensie say once they did so, she'd be famous in no time. She shook her head in exasperation and she straightened up again. "That's really just assuming they will like it." She yawned, covering up her mouth while doing so. "But..." she smirked "In the extremely rare case that they do like it, don't you think my genius would also be recognised? Not just yours? I mean if they didn't do that, your ego is in definite danger of exploding," She gestured to the exit sign. "Shall we go?"
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Kensie didn’t think she was the world’s best writer by any means, but she did think she was probably better than whoever had come up with this pile of garbage. Verity seemed to think they weren’t very likely to enjoy the rewrite they would make, but Kensie had other opinions. If she just made everything make sense…

Verity took that moment to take a shot at Kensie’s ego, saying that her ego was in danger of exploding if she didn’t think Verity would also get some credit if they liked it. Kensie stuck out her tongue at Verity in response. “I don’t have an ego,” she insisted. She was wrong, of course. Kensie’s ego was rather big because she was a bit spoiled. She followed Verity out the exit anyway, waving goodbye at the others as they left. Kensie promised they’d be back later to see about costumes and things.

“What about you? You’re the one that thinks your better than me,” Kensie started up again once they were outside. “I know I’m a kid and all, but I’m *not* stupid. I’m going to give the script the best rewrite I can! They’ll love it because I’m going to make the stupid thing make sense. They’ll be thanking us when we’re stars and everyone’s in tears because we’re the best, prettiest actresses ever to grace the theater.” Kensie giggled. It was impossible to tell if she was being serious or not with that last remark. They weren’t far from Fairy Hills, so they’d be there in only five minutes or so.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 am

Verity raised her eyebrow skeptically when Kensie insisted upon her not having an ego. If anything that proved she did have an ego because admitting having an ego would be like admitting a flaw in one's personality. However, she didn't comment. She waited for Kensie outside the door and resumed walking once she did. Immediately the ego comment was brought up again in the form of basically telling her she had a big ego. She shook her head but stayed quiet until the ebony-haired girl stopped talking and and giggled with her at her last statement. It was almost unbelievable how this girl thought.

"First, I do not think I'm better than you. Who could be better than you when you're the best, prettiest and most talented actress ever to grace the stage," she said slightly dramatically. "And of course you're not stupid. That's a stupid idea." she said sarcastically but in a teasing tone. "Secondly, if people are in tears because we're stars, we must have been one of those stars exploding. You know, like those ones that create a black hole thingy leading to imminent doom." she continued, knowing full well Kensie meant tears as in tears of happiness. "And I take back what I said about your ego exploding if you didn't include me. It's already exploded and blotted your sense of reality," She was joking of course. She wasn't the type to be mean on purpose.

Not that she would say it to the younger girl's face but Vera found she rather enjoyed hanging out with Kensie when she wasn't being all bratty and spoilt. She wasn't that bad a person and she was quite fun. The Fairy Hills building wasn't that far now and they were quite close to the entrance. She herself didn't live there but she'd always wanted to go inside. She always thought of it as some great expedition when exploring something new. She couldn't help it. She grinned in excitement. "Oh I can't wait to go inside. I've never been before." she told the girl beside her.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Verity felt the need to argue that she didn’t think she was better than Kensie, which was a bit surprising. She had always felt like Verity thought she was better than her. Maybe it was just their interactions. Maybe she wasn’t so bad either. She was pretty sure Verity had started joking about the whole exploding stars thing. She certainly didn’t seem to be freaking out or anything, and she only giggled in response as she led the way down the path to Fairy Hills.

“My ego isn’t *that* big!” she insisted as she stopped and turned around on the walkway. She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. “I’m just adorable and good at getting what I want~” She was feeling playful enough that she wasn’t taking what Verity said personally. That was probably a good thing, considering Verity wasn’t trying to be mean at the moment.

Kensie would probably be able to say she liked Verity pretty well too. Maybe more often than Verity liked her, in fact. She just responded badly when other people were impatient with her “bratty” behavior. “Well then… let me present to you the greatest home in all of Magnolia! Fairy Hills!” With that, she dramatically pushed open the double doors to the building, letting Verity go in. It was decently fancy for the price one paid to stay in the building. Kensie happily led the way up to her room, taking the steps to the second floor 2 steps at a time. Eventually, she threw open the room. It was apparent which side was hers – Sonya’s was as tidy as could be… and hers… not so much. “And this is my room.”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 am

Verity simply nodded her head when Kensie continued to insist that her ego wasn't that big and that she was just adorable. "Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that. Maybe one day it'll even become true," she said nonchalantly, flashing the other girl a grin at her last sentence. Truth be told, she didn't think her ego was so ginormous her head would explode but it certainly was at a formidable size.

When the other girl opened the doors to Fairy Hills, Verity immediately looked around, homing in on every detail that she possibly could. She wouldn't remember any of the detail later but for the moment, she wanted to luxuriate in the presence of being the dormitory she had always wanted to visit. It was kind of strange judging that she didn't want to live in the dorm; she had a perfectly good apartment, but it was just...awesome. Most guild members lived in the dormitories provided by the guild. The guy she had met some time ago, Kade, he lived in the Lamia Scale dorm. She vaguely remembered her meeting with him had piqued her interest about the guild that never passed her mind. She knew some who didn't e.g. that psycho person but most did anyways such as Kensie and her sister. "It is pretty awesome!" she said, following Kensie up to her room.

On the way up, her eyes wandered to look at all the rooms. She wondered if it was bad to want to break into some of the rooms just to see what was inside. It probably was but she'd do it anyways. It was interesting to see what others were like.

Initially when she entered Kensie's room she was surprised to see how neat it was. Of course this image was destructed as her eyes reached the messy side. It didn't take much effort to know who's side was which. "Hmmm...let me guess which side is yours..." she pulled an extremely faked and exaggerated thinking side "this is hard...I'm going to have to go with...the messy side," she finished nodding her head with conviction in her decision. "Am I right?" she asked, poking her tongue out at the girl.

She knew very well that she was and made her way further into the room before traversing to the messy side. "Soooo have you ever tried sneaking into other people's rooms before?" Vera knew they were here for the script but more pressing matters were in her head at the moment. Somewhere in her brain she recalled being told the play wouldn't come out for at least a month yet due to the way the playwrights were working so she figured they had a little bit of time before they had to get started.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 am

“Um…. Yeah the messy side is mine,” Kensie giggled, stopping and looking at the two sides. Her sister couldn’t stand things being messy, but she also refused to clean for Kensie, so there was often a split in the room starting on Kensie’s half, which was strewn with clothes – mostly socks and mono-colored clothes, all black dresses or nightgowns. Not a single pair of pants in sight. There were a few other things, which Kensie quickly picked up and threw in an out of sight corner. Kensie took after her sister in a lot of ways, but cleanliness or properness wasn’t included; nor was being too overly serious. “Cleaning’s hard and boring and Sonya refuses to clean for me,” Kensie whined.

She sat down, cross-legged on her bed as she smoothed out her dress again so that she stayed presentable just as Verity asked her about trying to sneak into other girls’ rooms. Well, she said people, but Fairy Hills was specifically a girls’ dorm. “Not really, no,” Kensie told her, shaking her head. “It’s pretty easy to get people to let you in just by knocking. Plus *I* don’t –purposefully- sneak into other people’s places. Usually. Well I used to sneak into my Sissy’s room when we lived with our parents, but that’s harder to do now that we’re roommates.”

Kensie’s smile grew wider and more mischievous as she scooted back to where her back was against the wall. “Why? Are you wanting to spy on the other girls? Trying to get a peek at what they live like when they aren’t in the guild hall watching the boys clobber each other?” Kensie stuck out her tongue playfully. She wasn’t one to actually break rules very often. She spent most of her time trying to bend them as far as she could, though. As she asked the question, she opened the script to the first age, but wasn’t actually paying attention to it yet.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 am

Verity didn't need Kensie to affirm her 'guess'. She chuckled at her whining. "Don't be lazy. Cleaning can be fun and if you do it in an enjoyable way," she said, not sure whether she was being sarcastic or not herself. She took the opportunity to observe what her side looked like. The first thing she noticed was the black strewn on the floor. Black dresses, black socks, black nightgowns, black everything. There was hardly a speck of colour. Also, no pants or shorts. The blonde knew that her own closet was pretty much made up of nice casual; she hardly ever wore daggy outfits, too casual or too formal and her clothes reflected that. While her clothing choices could be somewhat limited at times, mainly just the same thing worn again and again, Kensie took no variety to a whole new level. Vera wasn't the fashionable type and didn't spend hours or even minutes on what she wore; she just chucked whatever was outside on but she couldn't imagine what Kensie might do with her clothes if she spent hours. The only thing she thought the younger girl could be asking herself was which black dress should she wear? The one with the frills or the one with the glitter? A mental image of Kensie holding up two nearly the same looking dresses and asking her sister which one looked better popped into her head. She shuddered internally. She didn't want to think about fashion anymore. She shook her head to clear it and finished playing a game of land mines with Kensie's clothes.

The requip mage listened to the other girl say that she'd never tried sneaking into other people's rooms and felt a tinge of disappointment. She wasn't the type to sneak or cause mischief but it did interest her to see what people were like without notice.

She saw Kensie come over to where she was and tried to make her expression one of shock but she failed, instead ending up with a half guilty smile. "Well, aren't you curious to see what they live like when they're not expecting you or trying to talk to you? And I think some of the girls clobber each other and the boys too, or get drunk. Anyways, I know, I'm curious to find out." she protested slightly. "And I don't think it's against the rules of the dorm since I'm not a guy," she continued trying to sound reasonable. It made sense in her brain at least.

Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 am

Verity continued trying to ‘reason’ with Kensie, who for probably the first time had a strong urge to look at words on a paper over adventuring in someone else’s dorm; though that only had to do with how badly she wanted to be a star right now. The younger girl let out an exaggerated sigh to let Verity know that this wasn’t, in fact, the most interesting thing to the person who lived in the dorms and saw the other girls every day. “I don’t think being a boy has anything to do with privacy laws. Well it mostly doesn’t,” she corrected herself, thinking how much she didn’t like the idea of boys going into places that were supposed to be for girls only.

Unfortunately for Kensie, or possibly just fortunately for Verity, Kensie wasn’t known for her restraint. “I guess that could be interesting…” her wording played it down but her tone said Verity had caught her attention. Was the girl they were visiting neat with guests over and a slob with dropped pizza slices and undergarments all over the floor when no one else was over? That would be pretty funny. Or gross. She wasn’t actually sure which, though it would be amusing, at least. “Okaaaay we’ll go,” she decided finally, laying down and rolling off the side of the bed and landing in a crouch. She stood up, brushing off her dress and giving Verity an impish grin. “Just try to avoid air vents this time.”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 am

Verity grinned when she felt Kensie start to relent. Score one for her reasoning skills! Even though the younger girl was starting to downplay her interest in Vera's idea, she could tell her attention had been caught. "It definitely would be! I've never seen any of the other girls when they're not expecting being spied on!" she enthused. She could imagine the things they could see. She didn't think anything would be too overly awkward or gross that it would spoil her fascination. Finally the copper eyed girl said they could go spy causing her grin to widen even further. Vera didn't really need her go sign to go by herself but it was always more fun with more than one person.

"Awww you guessed my idea! How bout using the plumbing?" she joked, gesturing to a pipeline nearby. Of course she was kidding. The pipelines would be way too small to fit her or Kensie. Even if it was big enough Verity had friggin' claustrophobia. There was no way she'd go inside a small tight space for the second time in the day because she really enjoyed suffering. "But besides the plumbing, maybe we could go by the outside?" she said more seriously, referring to the windows. She liked the idea of going to the heights. She loved heights. Not as much as food but it was still a thing she liked. Just like her late sister. She used to be petrified of heights but not anymore.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:14 am

"What is it with you and climbing buildings? That's terrible for wearing dresses, you know," Kensie told her, crossing her arms and blushing slightly. She'd taken enough of a risk earlier; she wasn't one to go around showing off her lack of pants to people. She was fourteen, and she was old enough to know she should keep herself modest, which dresses were good for unless she went around climbing every building. She looked off to the side, mumbling, “I do want to see though…”

Kensie tightened the pigtails in her hair a bit so she would look presentable and blinked her copper-toned eyes at Verity. “Maybe yooooou could do the climbing since you’ve got pants and things, and let me in from the other side?” Verity would be doing all the hard work this way anyway. It wasn’t a bad plan, really. Verity does the work, Kensie keeps her dignity, and they both get to enjoy their little adventure. That was a win/win. At least for Kensie, and that was what mattered.

Kensie didn’t actually wait for Verity to answer, walking over and opening the window to her dorm room. “There! Now you’ll have nooooo trouble, right?” she told her, gesturing for the other girl to go ahead and climb out.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:34 am

Verity shrugged her shoulders when the younger girl mentioned her thing with heights and how it was inconvenient for dresses. "Of course it's inconvenient for dress wearing 'cept I'm not wearing one. Maybe you should consider wearing some pants," she teased the 'dresses only' girl. "Or you could wear shorts under your dress if you just hate the appearance," she added, titling her head slightly. She caught Kensie say she still wanted to see and internally chuckled. She was about to suggest they do something else so the girl could be more involved when Kensie instead suggested that she do all the work while Kensie could sit back and relax.

Verity didn't mind. It was her loss if she didn't want to go by the windows. "Sounds fair to me," she said even if in actuality it probably wasn't. One thing Verity would have liked more would have been to be able to have a little more time to collect herself before being shoved out the window. As it was, Kensie seemed keen on kicking her so the older girl complied with getting out of the window, "Meet you at the room across," she said before facing the task of moving along the ledge to the next window.

It was slightly windy up on the ledge and the blonde shivered with goosebumps. It was a fairly easy going and very soon she made it. She saw the window was closed but not locked much to her relief. The blonde moved to open it. She encountered her first problem then; it was jammed. Vera was now stuck outside the quarter way open window. She didn't particularly want to break the window but she had no choice. She pushed harder to open it and with one last surge of strength, she opened it...only for the window to promptly hang open precariously on one hinge.

The best thing, she decided, was to let Kensie see what had happened. She quickly dashed into the room giving barely a glance at what was in it and threw open the door. "Kensie," she hissed, gesturing for her to come over quickly at the same time. It was lucky the girl who owned the room wasn't around.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:31 am

“I hate pants,” Kensie grumbled when Verity suggested that she wear shorts. “Dresses are soooo much better to wear most of the time. They’re cuter, they’re more comfortable, and most importantly, they make *me* cuter.” She nodded with a grin at the last one. Finally, Verity agreed to go out and do the climbing, which Kensie was more than happy about. She waited in the room for a moment, waiting for some kind of signal as she leaned on her bed. That is, until Verity came bursting in again.

“What?” Kensie asked. “Can’t you climb anymore?” she taunted as Verity made her come over to the room. What Kensie saw didn’t exactly surprise her after the whole window incident in the theater. And the pushing poor Kensie through the air vent grate. “Again?!” she asked in an exasperated, slightly childish tone. “Can’t you go five minutes without breaking something? Now we have to try and fix it before anyone finds out!” Kensie flailed a bit. She had no idea how to fix things! It wasn’t her job to do boy things like fixing windows! Yeah, she was that level of mature. She made a face and walked over to the window.

The younger girl examined it closely, trying to figure out exactly what had broken. “Um… maybe if we had a hammer and nails?” she asked helplessly as she turned around, making a worried face. She didn’t want to get in trouble at all. “Or maybe you could bribe someone to come help us? You have money right?”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 am

Verity shot a glare at Kensie’s taunt. “I’m being serious here!” she whispered in annoyance before beckoning her to see the hanging window. She waited to hear the girl’s analysis and was less than impressed by her comment. “Hey! I have gone for at least 10 minutes!” she said indignantly before sighing. “Well do you have any ideas?” she asked while the younger girl examined the window. Her idea was less than satisfactory to a normal person, but to Verity it sounded alright. “Maybe it could help I guess,” she begun to say but Kensie’s next idea cut her off. "Uhhh..." she broke off into a laughter, scratching the back of her head "I'm not...that rich..." she said with a sheepish grin on her face "And I'm storing what I do have for later purposes...." she finished.

It was true. Vera had recently been lazy. In between paying her rent and living expenses plus all the other random junk she bought, she didn't have a lot to spend. Her expenditures were limited and what she had left she was storing for other things that she might want such as new weapons and the likes. The older girl pursed her lips thoughtfully. What else could they do? Suddenly, a light bulb went off in her head. "I could just store the window away!" she exclaimed. That would work. Just store the window in her pocket dimension - it would fit, that dimension of hers was practically empty - and tadah! Evidence gone! Of course that just left one teensy tiny problem. The girl living in the room might just notice that rush of cold air cooling the room down.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:56 am

Store the window away? Oh! Right! Verity was a requip wizard. Kensie looked over at her, her eyebrow raised as the wind blew through the opening where the window was supposed to be, catching her hair a bit. "What kind of stupid plan is that?" she asked in an agitated manner. "Then there's still a hole in the wall!" Kensie groaned and shook her head. Verity was going to get her in trouble! Kensie silently took back all that stuff about Verity not being so bad. She broke everything! No, now wasn’t the time for blaming. It was the time for action, and since neither girl was handy with tools, that left one option if they didn’t want to get in trouble.

“We’re going to have to fix it, and soon,” Kensie told the blonde girl. She lit up after a minute, pounding her fist into her open palm as if she’d just had an idea. “I know! Let’s go look at my window so we can see what was broken and try and fix it.” She nodded, taking off for her room again. She stopped, examining the open window closely. She had no head for repairs though, and she couldn’t tell why the other one was hanging off like it was. “Do you see what we need to do?” she asked Verity, looking back to her and raising an eyebrow as she tried not to start freaking out about breaking the dormitory. She did *not* want the girl living there mad at her. She was the kind that could probably beat up all the other girls in the dorm no problem. Well, except for Sonya since she was so awesome.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 am

Verity was less than pleased with Kensie's response to her brilliant idea of storing the window away. "It's not that stupid!" she began to protest but shut her mouth soon after. The other girl was right in saying that there would be a huge gap left where the window was. The blonde grumbled in her thoughts. Who cared if there was a frickin' gap? The way the window was hanging it was as good as having a gap already there! In fact, she wouldn't be surprised if it fell off from its precarious position within the next few minutes or so! Just as she was thinking that, a strong gust of wind blew inside the room, scattering the things inside and causing the window the creak painfully. Vera squeezed her eyes shut. She hoped she didn't jinx things by thinking that (although her sister did always say it was saying those thoughts out loud that would jinx it). But now wasn't the time. The older girl switched her attention back to Kensie who was in the middle of saying something about going back to her room. She had no time to be surprised before she had to follow after.

Vera had really no idea what on earth she was meant to be doing, staring at this window. She darted a glance to the side to see what Kensie was doing and saw her examining the window. Understanding dawned on the older girl and she figured that she was meant to be looking at this window to see what was wrong with the other window. She nodded her head in understanding and resumed staring at the window now with purpose. She could see now that the problem was....wait...what was wrong with the other window again? She could only remember it's hanging off one hinge problem; nothing else. She was still trying to paint a mental image when the ebony haired girl's voice cut through.

She looked to the side. "Not really," she said before she had a eureka moment and bounced up and down excitedly. "No I do know!" she exclaimed, pointing at the window. How could she have not thought of it before? "We're not so hot at fixing stuff right?" she asked Kensie a rhetorical question "So," she paused, nodding her head to figure out how to word her thoughts best "How bout, we get a new window! I mean, the other one's as good as destroyed! I think I should actually store that window away so it doesn't fall on the floor causing some huge conundrum and once that's down, you or I go and get a replica of this window and fit it back in while the other stays by the window and distracts anyone if they come by!" She stopped and grinned, proud of her brain child. She thought it was even *more* amazing than her previous one.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 am

“A new window? Didn’t you just say you didn’t have money?!” Kensie waved her arms excitedly as Verity came up with the plan. “Where are we going to get a fixed window? I have… literally seven jewels,” she informed the other girl, taking out her jewel pouch and counting the money inside. She was frowning now, both concerned and a little bit annoyed. She didn’t have ideas, but then she wasn’t really the one who had broken any windows either!

“What are you going to suggest next? Sneaking over to the boy’s dorm and steal a window from them so they can’t trace it back to us?” she asked, the wind from her still open window catching her dress and causing the somewhat short garment to flutter slightly. Kensie put her hands to her face and sighed as she plopped back down on the bed. All she’d wanted was to save a play so she could be a star. Was it so much to ask? Apprently it was!

Kensie fell backwards after a moment before letting her hands slide off of her face. At least she hadn’t started crying. She was frustrated enough to; she wasn’t exactly the best at containing her emotions. She was good when she had to be, but when she got frustrated it fell apart pretty easily. Her copper eyes stared at the ceiling, wishing Verity was good at fixing things instead of breaking them.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 am

Kensie made valid points. Verity had to admit that much. She slumped on to the floor, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face. Why was it that every time she thought she had a decent idea something had to be wrong with it? She glanced at the younger girl. She seemed annoyed. Vera didn’t blame her. It was her fault. It was always her fault. She let out a sigh in frustration. Kensie didn’t seem to be doing that well either. The blonde heard her flop backwards onto the bed. A pang of guilt shot through her. She felt sorry for the girl. It wasn’t her fault that the window was broken. She didn’t need to help her fix the window. Vera could always say it was partially her fault – she didn’t stop her from exploring other people’s rooms – but she wouldn’t. Things got complicated when she blamed people and it had never helped her when she did.

In situations like these she wished she was like Kuroha. Kuroha was the reliable one, the one people could look up to. She wasn’t the one who broke things; she was the one who fixed things. Thinking of her sister made her wish she was here. She’d know what to do. Tears began to prick in her eyes. People always had to put up with her and she wasn’t surprised if Kensie was doing just that. Vera was the person nobody wanted around. She was a walking catastrophe doing whatever she wanted and not caring about anything else. Why couldn’t she be the one who could so something right?

The girl stood up and shook her head furiously. Thoughts like that wouldn’t benefit her. That’s what Kuroha said to her. She began to pace around the room, the wheels in her head beginning to turn. Her brain was a rusty machine. She never used it to its full capacity, only ever using the surface, but she needed to use it now, if only to prevent Kensie from getting into trouble. She stopped in front of the window and looked again, this time picking up as many details as she could. She took a deep breath before spinning around the face the girl on the bed. “Okay,” she said, releasing all the captured air at the same time. “I’ve got a new idea, so we’re in a play. Do we get paid? If we aren’t because we need to pay for the air ventilation, I’ll just say I was the one who broke it and then you can get paid and then we’ll have some money. If all fails we can buy a new window with that. But first, I think I might be able to blackmail my Landlady into giving me a replica or maybe I could exchange one of my windows since they’re actually the same brand if that’s possible,” she finished, telling Kensie her idea, crossing her fingers that it wouldn’t sound too bad.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:00 am

Actually, those last two suggestions didn't sound half bad to Kensie. She sat up quickly, a look of hope on her face along with the large grin she wore when she was being devious. “Blackmail, huh? Sounds like she owes you a favor! Perfect!” she hopped up out of the bed, smoothing out her dress as she seemed to do relatively often. If they got a new window, they could also either put it in, or get someone else who could. Kensie knew a few people she could talk to as well. “You go play blackmail, and I’ll do the same. I know a boy who made me cry a few days ago. He’s closer to your age and seems handy. Actually he’s a handy man in training who lives in Magnolia. I even know where his shop is!”

Kensie seemed a lot more excited and less hopeless. When the girl latched onto an idea, she really latched. And now it was time to execute her budding companion plan to Verity’s own. “Alright, Verity! Let’s start Operation Stay Out of Trouble!” she told the other girl as she looked around and grabbed a bag, shoving something into it for her trip. “Meet me back here in an hour and a half, okay? I happen to know the girl who’s window you broke won’t be back until tomorrow, now that I think about it. So we can totally do this!”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 am

Verity let go of the air she had been holding in her lungs and let herself smile. Thank goodness Kensie didn't think her idea was a bad one. She relaxed even further when the younger girl said the girl's who window they broke was coming back tomorrow. In fact, she relaxed so much she turned into a walking blob of jelly and wobbled over in relief. "Why didn't you say that earlier?" she complained, leaning a hand against the wall so she wouldn't completely fall onto the floor. She wouldn't have used so much brain energy if she knew that. She sighed, blowing blonde strands of hair out of her face. It appeared she was talking to inanimate objects. Kensie had left as soon as she could. It wasn't much use hanging around doing nothing so the mage guessed it was time to leave and blackmail her landlady. She straightened her back and followed out of the room, much much muuch more slowly.

She exited Fairy Hills without so much as a wistful bye-bye - she knew she'd be back soon enough - and traveled on the streets of Magnolia until she reached the office of her landlady.

Once she got to the door, she made the hard decision of whether to fling it open or knock it down without much difficulty. She had her arms in front of her already so knocking it down was her plan to go to...or crashing right into it because she didn't actually put in much effort and then having to fumble for the door knob with her right hand. The girl did that and within the space of 5 minutes, she was up at the lady's desk. She slammed a hand on the bell causing the fragile old thing to break into a bunch of springs and silver metal while the blonde yanked her hand back, wincing slightly at the unnecessary force. She wasn't weak or unused to pain - she was a mage! And more of a physical fighter too - but it was unexpected.

The lady at the desk jumped from the noise and whipped around, pink fluffy pen pointed at Vera in an aggressive manner. "I command you to...oh...it's you Verity. What do you want now?" She quickly hid the hand with the pen in it behind her back, a slight blush on her face.

"I would like a new window, that looks like this!" The girl said, slightly snickering at her landlady's action. She walked over to the magazine box and triumphantly picked up a window catalogue. She then pointed to the window she wanted. Her landlady was less than pleased. She coughed into one hand. "You have to pay for that and wait for delivery,"

Verity shook her head in earnest. "Nope! I don't! You owe me one for that time I took the blame for destroying your waiting room when those inspector guys came and visited! Yours was just destroyed because you couldn't be bothered fixing it!"

She cast her eyes to the side and coughed again, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I did in fact return you the favour by reducing the rules I had placed on your house per your request,"

Vera mused this new information. She needed her to get a new window fast. She gave a sideways glance to a vase standing on a dark blue cupboard. She walked over to it and placed a threatening hand on it. "Okay then. Give me a new window or else, or else I'll get rid of your furniture!"

A good hour later, Verity was walking back to Fairy Hills with a big smile on her face. Mission Accomplished. It took a while but she got there. She went up to Kensie's room and entered inside. "Kensie? You back yet? I got the window!"
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 am

By the time Verity got back to Kensie’s room, Kensie was standing there with the boy she’d been talking about, her arms crossed and looking a bit cross. She seemed to be arguing with the boy. Well, she called him a boy earlier, but he was at least eighteen, his short, trimmed goatee making him look slightly older than he was. He had short red hair and wore a button-up shirt and slacks, and had a belt of tools around his waist. “What do you mean you aren’t paying me?” the boy was asking.

“I mean that you made me cry and you owe me,” Kensie answered, looking triumphant before he had even fully agreed. Had she not told him she wasn’t paying him before? The boy only sighed, like he’d been dealing with her for most of the hour and wasn’t sure why he was. “Look, I’m sorry I made you cry, alright? How was I to know you would get so upset at me saying you were bothering me?”

Kensie shook her head, sticking out her tongue slightly. “Nope, not good enough. You owe me because I’ll tell my sister you made me cry, and who do you think she’ll believe, hmm? But if you help me… I can put in a good word for you.” The boy looked a bit shocked at the statement. “Wait wait wait. If I help you… you’ll brag about me to your hot older sister?” He asked, realizing that scoring points with Kensie might give him a chance with Sonya. “What kind of game are you playing, Kensie?”

“The kind where I get what I want and everyone wins,” was her response. She really was a master manipulator, if Verity caught all of that. The boy hung his head and grinned. “Fine, you win. I’ll help you fix the window.”

Kensie grinned triumphantly, doing a happy little dance around to greet Verity finally. “Everything’s all set then!” She told the blonde girl. “Operation ‘Fix The Window Without Getting Caught’ is almost complete!”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:41 am

Verity had enough sense to stop talking when she entered the room. Kensie seemed to be in deep argument with some boy. She guessed that was the one she was talking about. The blonde was keen on not making any noise and stepped lightly through the bombshell of a side of a room the younger girl had. If she didn't know any better she'd think the Barnett Sister's room was schizophrenic. She listened to Kensie twirl the handy boy around her little finger and kept silent, unsure whether she was more impressed or wary. To think she had that much manipulative power. For a fourteen year old girl, that was scary business.

The girl was finished in no time and Vera was paralysed only for a few seconds before regaining feeling and stretching her jaw muscles once again into a grin. They would make it! The blonde turned abruptly to the boy. "Catch this!" she said. She didn't see his facial reaction at being told to catch something when there was nothing there...or wait. There was. She summoned the window. Vera was in business mode too so she didn't see what happened to the boy after a giant window came falling from above. She didn't think there was a problem though. She would have thought the sound of glass breaking made was louder than gas molecules floating merrily along the floor.

"Okay, so you're chief,"
She told Kensie, letting her take charge since the boy/man was her minion. "What do we do while he's fixing the window?" she jabbed a finger towards the handy guy.

In the back of mind she remembered the script lying around somewhere. Without waiting to listen to Kensie's response she jumped around and spotted the book. In one smooth motion, she bent down and brandished the book in front of Kensie's face. "Actually, while he's fixing the window, why don't we work on that script? We gotta make it perfect!" she said enthusiastically.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 am

Kensie watched the window appear in mid-air, unable to stop herself from finding that strange ability of Verity’s cool and handy. The boy caught the window, thankfully, and Kensie let out a breath she didn’t know she’d started holding when the window appeared. “Good~” Kensie told him in a singsong voice. “Just get that aaaaall fixed up and I promise as soon as Sonya’s back I’ll mention how helpful you are, okaaaaay?” She nodded self-satisfactorily as she brushed her hands together and walked over to Verity, who was hopping her bedroom minefield. She swooped down and picked up one of the discarded scripts and suggested they work on it while the boy worked.

“Yeah!” Kensie nodded excitedly, hopping onto her bed and making herself comfortable. “You can sit here or on Sissy’s bed. I’m suuuure she won’t mind. Especially since she doesn’t get back for almost another week~” Kensie scooted back to the wall and sat cross-legged, making sure her dress stayed in its proper place when she did. “Alright, where do we begin?” Kensie asked as she picked up her own script. “I’m thiiiinking the ghost girl needs to be prettier and more likeable,” she told Verity as she started highlighting her lines to look at. “I mean, it might as well be a role to fit its actress, right?”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum