FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mistaken Job Offer

Go down

Mistaken Job Offer Empty Mistaken Job Offer

Post by Ren Caverly Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Travel, that thing that intimidated Ren. Well, it wasn’t that Ren didn’t like travelling, it was that familiarity was safe. Strange and new was terrifying. Being terrified did not sit well with Ren. She was not a fan. However despite this, she was heading to Magnolia. She was bettering herself as a person, and part of that was… well, doing anything at all. She was about to do a really scary thing with a guy from her guild, and she needed to go out and… not die, to remind herself that she could. So here she was, getting out, seeing the world, meeting new people. And here she was, regretting that decision immediately.

Oh, miss! Miss, come here, are you from Fairy Tail? About the misplaced costumes? You look like one of them,” a man said, by means of introduction and explanation of introduction. This should have been simple. Some scary man in a suit, looking like he knew what he was talking about… in front of a theatre. She was not from Fairy Tail. Wait, what did he mean she looked like one? What did that mean? She shifted in discomfort, but stopped herself. She was a guild wizard, from Lamia Scale. She was proud of herself, and she had no reason to hide that. Okay, proud of her guild, not herself, close enough, sort of.

Words: 226/500
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Job Offer Empty Re: Mistaken Job Offer

Post by Ren Caverly Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:17 am

I d-don’t…” she cleared her throat. She would not stutter. She would be an adult. She would talk to this man like an adult and she would represent her guild well. She didn’t need him meeting some awkward stuttering Lamia Scale girl and assuming they were all like this. Nope. “I am not from Fairy Tail, actually,” she said, still quiet and feeling very awkward. “But I am from Lamia Scale… is there something I can help you with?” she asked him. He looked disappointed at first, but then cheered up.

Oh, that will be fine.” He seemed uninterested in chatting with her. She nodded awkwardly. “Now just find the costumes and bring them to my sister in the dressing room.

Um… o-okay,” Ren agreed. His serious demeanor made her feel more shy. He was an adult, and she was just some kid… well, okay, she was an adult, but he made her feel more and more like a kid. She supposed this meant she had free reign in the theatre. Except that before he left he added that she wouldn’t be paid for damaged costumes, and she wouldn’t be paid if she disrupted rehearsal. She agreed. She didn’t actually want to be paid, but she supposed this was a good service. It would help the play.

Words: 443/500
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:55 am

Ren waked inside. She saw the people rehearsing on the stage and avoided them. She looked out of place in any sort of classy society, but she was here for a job… apparently. Oddly enough she had a bit of money in her hoodie. She didn’t like to, but on a trip she knew she needed jewels. She didn’t like the memory of being homeless, so she made sure she could provide for herself. Actually she sort of hating dealing with money, but this was for a good reason. She could probably just decline being paid at the end. She didn’t need this money.

Ren knew how to hide, so she looked for places she would hide. She’d hidden lot in her parents business, this was no harder. In the next three hours she found herself wandering up to an attic space. She could see the stage from here, but it was a very small crack that allowed her to do so. She caught sight of some silky fabric in the corner and wandered over. What is this…? At first she thought it might be an old outfit, packed up here, but no, these were fresh and new. They still had name tags on them for the show. Ren felt immediately excited to have found them, but when she turned around she was startled to find someone walking up.

Words: 662/500
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:14 am

What are you doing up here?!” the new arrival asked. Ren grew wide eyed. It was very dim in here, but she could see fine. She was just startled. She reminded Ren of the dancers she’d seen at her parents studio. Except far more impatient.

Um, u-um, I’m j-just…. I was asked t-to find these,” she said, glancing at the outfits she was about to pick up. The girl looked angrier.

Well you can’t have them! They’re mine. Now leave!

B-but the scary man asked me to find them,” she insisted. The girl looked at her funny for a moment. Probably the word choice. She told Ren again that they were hers, and Ren couldn’t have them. “But they are f-for the show.

Well I need them…” she said, looking a bit awkward now. She might have attacked, if Ren didn’t seem so completely incompetent. It would be like kicking a puppy. Most people didn’t like doing that sort of thing. Ren looked at her curiously though, “I’m… selling them.

Oh… but that’s stealing…” Ren said awkwardly. The girl looked angry, then uncomfortable again. “Wh-why do you need the money?” she asked. She didn’t think this girl was necessarily bad. She seemed kind of sad.

Words: 867/500
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 am

I just need the money, okay?” she said, crossing her arms. “Now give them to me and get lost.

Um… but… ruining the show… that would be really sad,” she told her. The girl just glared. “Um… h-how about I… buy them from you?” she asked. She really didn’t like exchanging money, but if this girl actually did need the money, Ren figured it was better she had the money than Ren.

The girl looked quite surprised. She hesitated though. Ren didn’t know how much money the girl wanted, but this was a good deal. They wouldn’t fight, Ren wouldn’t need to worry about having money someone needed. This girl wouldn’t get in trouble with the theatre, and she would get her money. “...fine.

Ren smiled very weakly, pulling out the bag of jewels. She would just live off the money she earned from this job. That was fine, right? The girl opened the bag once she’d snatched it away. It was full of money. She looked suspicious then thanked Ren, who awkwardly grabbed up the costumes and left. She didn’t want anyone changing their mind. After that Ren hurried off and found Fred’s sister. She was pretty, which intimidated Ren. She shyly gave the happy older woman the outfits and received her pay. She’d wanted to turn it down, but now she needed money for food. Ren squirmed slightly but was out the door quickly.

Words: 1090/500
Complete
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content