FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Much Friendlier Encounter

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Much Friendlier Encounter Empty A Much Friendlier Encounter

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Kade was finally home. He cracked his neck from side to side and headed to his bedroom. It had been a weird run lately. He probably should have handled things differently, but he’d been improving. He didn’t like to think he needed to improve. Or maybe he didn’t like to think he needed a wakeup call. He always needed to improve, he was human after all. He’d been happily working on things and helping out in his guild, before he got a startling wake up call. Then he met a punk. Then he had more interactions, from there he lost his temper in a big way. Now he had mostly mellowed out. At least enough to return home. Maybe he would meditate for a few days and try to go back to normal.

He looked a bit weather worn, his skin tanned, his sleeves torn off from a fight. A sleeveless white t-shirt and shorts. He held an apple in his hand, taking large bites and chewing them slowly in the summer sun. His friend Ren apparently had her own things to handle, because she wasn’t home. It was unfortunate, because he wanted to talk to her about the tournament occurrences. About dragon slayers. About Tatsuma. He couldn’t tough, she left a few days earlier, and he wasn’t sure when she would be back. It wouldn’t be too long though, she really wasn’t one to stay far from home.

He noticed a familiar and pleasant dragon slayer in the distance. Kade smirked, standing from his resting place and stretching his legs. He walked out to meet her. One more bite, chewing until he reached her. “Hello Kotone, what brings you out to our lovely little establishment? If I had to take a guess… I would say you’re looking for the lovely little Renata, but unfortunately, she is out on a trip right now.” That was his guess. Of course, who wouldn’t be looking for her? And why did he use her full name? Oh well, he was feeling a bit strange he supposed, but in a good way.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 627
Primary Magic : Light Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

A Much Friendlier Encounter Empty Re: A Much Friendlier Encounter

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:17 pm

The familiar and pleasant Dragon Slayer, Kotone Hoshino, had indeed come to Lamia Scale to visit Ren. Another good reason not to join a guild – she had acquaintances in two of them, at least. She was dressed in her usual long black jacket, white blouse, and a red skirt with practical(ish) boots that went up almost to her knees. On her back was slung her katana, as well as the backpack that likely carried Sid. She and the ebony feline were inseperable, after all. No matter how much she complained about the little ‘fishy-breathed thief.’

Kotone wasn’t paying the most attention; the area in front of an official guild hall was rarely what one would consider dangerous.  Her eyes were closed as she took in the sounds and smells of the quaint little remote location outside of town. Her hands were stuffed in her pockets, and her hair, while in its usual ponytail, was just a bit longer than she usually kept it.

The girl’s amber eyes opened when she heard Kade call her name. His scent and voice were both familiar, so it was hardly startling with her senses. “Kade,” Kotone greeted Ren’s friend as she looked up, a small, self-assured grin on her face. “Long time no see. Well, at least where you could see me too. I had a video lacrima all to myself at Fairy Tail,” she informed him with a slightly fangy grin. People were still intimidated by the little dragon slayer despite her recent change in behavior, and sometimes she didn’t mind that. It let her focus on important things, like how Ren and Kade were doing, and how Tatsuma was a moron who declared his dragon slayer status to the world over the magical lacrima system. She'd actually spit out her milk for that one.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Experience : 552
Primary Magic : Ice Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Gale Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 pm

It was nice to see someone familiar, and nice. Kade had met a lot of people recently, and probably not given off his personal best impression. Hopefully they didn’t hold it against him. Usually he was neither gruff nor silent, but things were just… complicated. It was no excuse, but it was his explanation. He might have to go back to those places and apologize. It was his job to be a good steward to the people, even if they were strangers. Maybe he could do this for Kotone today. He doubted she was that concerned about his manners, but that didn’t change anything.

He didn’t really know how to feel about her cat, but seeing as he personally could not see the cat right now, he didn’t have much to react to. She reacted positively at least, and he was glad. Apparently she had made a point to watch the tournament. He sighed, “Yeah… the tournament was certainly… an event,” he said without any sort of explanation. “Did you enjoy the show? A friend told me all the highlights when I got home,” he sighed, rolling his eyes. Tatsu was really… unique. What he did was what sent Kade into his recent spiral, but he wasn’t nearly as on edge anymore. “Are you hungry?
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:13 pm

“Famished,” Kotone nodded with a grin. Her smiles had a way of showing her fangs off to the world. It was a good thing she was one of those dragon slayers who had screwed up awhile back and didn’t need to keep her status such a big secret anymore, she supposed.  She let out a silent sigh. “Yeah, it was entertaining. Blue Pegasus is weak, but spirited, it seems. You guys seemed to do well. I was proud of Ren. Fairy Tail… Sometimes I wonder why I know people in Fairy Tail.” She shook her head at  the thought of Tatsuma again.

Just like Kade, Kotone had been sent into a spiral by Tatsuma. Twice. The first time she’d overthought everything, and nearly stopped being herself just to try to be a proper hero. That hadn’t been the best idea, and had sent her on a slightly depressive journey around Fiore for a bit, until she encountered the dragon slayer again. The next time… the next time he’d reminded her why she was how she was, and she knew she had to find more of a balance. No one was allowed to make dragon slayers look like fools. Not after the work her father had put into training her.

“How’s being back in civilization, anyway?” Kotone asked as she made her way up to Kade, finally stopping when she was right next to him. She glanced over at him, still grinning slightly. “Extended camping trips can be fun. You know, as a dragon slayer I spent several years in the woods after dad left me. I was a dirty little forest child. I think I started a few rumors about creatures in the woods by accident.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:32 pm

She seemed to like showing her fangs, it made Kade smile. However his smiles did not show his fangs. He hadn’t shown those off since he last saw his father. There were a common sight back then, but he knew he was supposed to keep this part of himself a secret. He didn’t plan to tell anyone, except maybe someone very close to him. Maybe if he got married, but he didn’t know that that would be in his future. For now only one person knew, and he was quite glad she was good at keeping secrets.

Alright, I have some fruit in the back. Maybe you will like some of that. I remember you liked the apples I got delivered alright.” He led the way to the back. She seemed to have a few opinions about the tournament, but he wasn’t surprised. He tensed up a bit at the mention of Fairy Tail. “I’ve met a few people from Fairy Tail… a few pleasant women… worked with… that dragon slayer kid.” His voice showed clear disdain, but he was trying to at least be tolerable right now.

They shared some negative experiences with Tatsu, but that was an unlikely conversation. She asked about civilization, he smirked, “Oh, its nice. I’ve done a lot of camping in my life. Its nice, actually. I love my guild and being home, but I periodically drop off the map to spend time in nature again. Do you go on any more extended camping trips, Kotone?” he asked as they reached the garden. He started looking for a ripe apple.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:59 pm

“Tatsuma,” Kotone told Kade knowingly, remembering the idiot’s cheeky hand to chest maneuver. Actually, cheeky was being rather nice. He was an idiot and needed to learn to treat females of any age with some tiny bit of respect. Hopefully, that wouldn’t fall to her, because she never wanted to see the kid again. She didn’t really want to talk about him, though. She’d spent more than enough time worrying about him the last few months.

Kade was reaching the garden as he asked the girl if she went on any more extended camping trips. She nodded, looking relaxed. “I spend a lot of time between towns,” she told him, “And lately I’ve liked the peace and quiet of nature a bit more. It’s further from…” Psychopathic chest grabbers, “...People.” She'd avoided Fairy Tail simply because of Tatsuma lately. The dragon slayer helped to look around the grove for a fresh apple, finally finding one and picking it off the tree, holding it up so Kade would see he didn’t have to pick another unless he wanted to.

She chuckled, mumbling under her breath quietly enough none but another dragon slayer would be able to hear her. “Birthday apple.” She’d nearly forgotten it was her birthday. She’d remembered in time though, and had thought to come seek out Ren for it. Well, that and to congratulate her for doing well in the tournament. She hoped Ren wouldn’t feel bad for missing it. She probably would. Kotone had wanted to actually spend her birthday with someone this time; she’d been feeling more of a need for company lately. Maybe Kade would do. “A girl has to work if she wants to live up to a dragon for a father,” she chuckled at Kade, expecting he probably didn’t understand, but might appreciate the comment anyway. “I do my best work either under pressure, or away from distractions.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Kotone said his name and Kade did not start ranting in his head. He wanted to, but he wouldn’t. Had he known about the womanizing behavior he would have been far less kind. He also would have told his female friends to stay very clear of him. Especially Ren. He didn’t really know her past, but he knew she needed a womanizer near her about as much as a stab wound, maybe less. She could heal from a stab wound a lot easier than she healed from social stress. “Yeah… him.

The garden was a lot more relaxing, and it helped Kade not worry about the mention of Tatsu. He was a problematic figure, but the garden was a place never tainted by his presence. It would remain that way. “That’s a nice way to be. I have been gone for a while… just travelling, clearing my head. I needed to get away after the tournament,” he admitted. Kotone found herself and apple and Kade went back to munching on his. He swallowed and didn’t explain to her that he’d been bouncing between towns because of the child.

She quietly mumbled that it was a birthday apple and Kade looked at her. It was enough self-restraint to keep himself from mentioning this. He was good at that, not showing his senses to others. It allowed him to keep his secret. However he felt bad that it was her birthday and she wasn’t celebrating. Perhaps that was why she was here. He wanted to do something for her since she was here. She talked about living up to her dragon father and he chuckled, “Yeah, I imagine you’re right. From what I’ve gathered you do well for yourself. I’m sure he’s proud wherever he is, Kotone,” he told her seriously. “You’re the most respectable dragon slayer I’ve ever met. And you’re still quite young, aren’t you?
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Kade gave Kotone a compliment - She was the most respectable dragon slayer he’d ever met. Did she deserve that comment? Well… he’d probably met her and Tatsuma… so… yes by comparison, she supposed. She gave him a slight grin, accompanied by an amused noise. “Yeah, I’m eighteen. Today, actually,” she admitted to him quietly. It was much quieter than the normal Kotone. She’d never told anyone her birthday after Krendall left. She stared off into space for a long moment, admittedly unsure why she was, well, admitting such things to someone she barely knew. Why did she keep doing that lately? Maybe she really was finally feeling the loneliness she hadn’t wanted to let herself feel for so long.

“It’s weird,” she continued in a louder voice. It wasn’t a lot louder. “I don’t feel like an adult… and yet suddenly I’m told I am. I mean… I’ve had to take care of myself like one since I was… since I was eight… but…” Kotone trailed off, obviously not sure what to think about it being her birthday. It had never meant anything before. Why did it have to now? “Meh, who cares? It’s just another day,” she shrugged it off, taking a bite of the apple as her demeanor returned to its normal calm self. Well, by normal… she’d not been so calm when she’d met Kade. She’d boasted to his face about how strong she was, like an idiot child. She hadn’t even been practicing her magic or martial arts at the time. She was still cocky, but she knew better than to let that cockiness go to her head now. That was one thing she could thank Tatsuma for. Not that she ever would at this point.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Kade was a kind spirit. He wasn’t some angry warmonger, and after so long of raging at the world lately, it was nice to feel like he could be nice again. She was eighteen. She was so young, he felt sympathetic to her. Being that age was confusing, especially after losing your family, once or twice. He wanted to tell her about himself, but… no. Maybe this was selfish. Honestly she could relate, and he could use that, but he knew better. Maybe just to convince himself he was better than Tatsu, but he couldn’t. She admitted it was her birthday and he smiled at her, “Well happy birthday Kotone. I’m sure Ren will be sad she missed it.” Actually she probably would cry a bit over it… so that was unfortunate, but he wasn’t going to say that much.

That’s a confusing age. I know Ren turned eighteen earlier this year. Whether you knew that or not… but either way, I hope you have a lovely birthday. Is there any way I can make it better? Oh! Can I make you a cake?” He asked. Her concerns about being an adult made him sad as well. Having to take care of herself. This was really… frustrating internally. “You know… well I guess you have no reason to know, but when I was five my parents were killed, and I was on my own. It was… scary, but no matter what, when you have people to turn to, you’ll be alright. And you do. I know you don’t know me, but if you want to talk to me about anything, I bet I can sympathize.” She went back to normal, but he knew there was probably a lot she had on her mind.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Yeah, Kotone still had a lot on her mind. The normal was as much a facade as the rest of her behavior for most of her life. Kade probably knew that. Most people eventually saw through it. "A cake huh? Sure. Thanks I guess," she told him with a slight grin. It might surprise him that she'd never had a birthday cake before... but then why would a girl who had spent her life utterly alone by her own doing ever have a cake? "... What flavors do birthday cakes come in?"

When he told her he could relate because he lost his family too, Kotone nodded. Did she actually have anything to talk about? Well, duh she had plenty to vent about at any given time. The brunette was a train wreck of hidden doubts and questions, and though she'd quieted the worst of them... they did't always stay quiet. Especially not at times like these. She decided instead to just ramble. Maybe a question or an answer would come out of it. Maybe not. "I'm at the age that I could poison myself with alcohol legally," she chuckled, a quietly amused twinge to her voice. "Or where I could get married, if that were even a possibility. Suddenly the world's my oyster, and yet nothing's changed."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:46 pm

What… um, most flavors, I suppose,” he said, recovering from his initial confusion. He wouldn’t make this about her not being normal. Sure, she was weird. If she was a competent Dragon slayer, and she was, then she must have been separate from society for a long time. She was young, which only made her even younger without her parent. It made sense for her to ask that, sort of. He’d integrated back into society quickly, but he supposed she never had. At such a young age though, how could she? It was like being a super hero, and being chucked down into society. It was scary, and… yes, it made sense to him.

I have some lemon, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. I bet I could make you an apple cake. Or a spice cake. What do you like specifically? I… might have mint. Do you like mint?” He was racking his brain for what an ice dragon slayer would like. Mint seemed cold, right? He wanted to make this special. She did not ramble. She just said a couple of things. He chuckled a bit. “Well don’t marry anyone you don’t love and trust. And… don’t drink unless you really… want to. Never drink if you need it. That’s bad,” he sighed, “But I think what you need are friends. I know you are a roamer, but you’re always welcome here. Whether or not Ren is around. So… right, what sounds good for a cake?” he asked, starting to head inside.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm

"Dragon slayers have a strong sense of smell. Like animals... or well... like dragons, I suppose," Kotone explained to the man who was also secretly a dragon slayer. "I can't stand the smell of alcohol. I practically feel like I'm poisoning myself just sniffing it. I don't think I'll have any trouble staying away. Besides... if I'd wanted it..." Kotone got a particular look in her eyes for only a moment. "I've never been one to follow a rule just because humans expect me to." The look in her eyes had revealed her rebellious nature just a bit. The part of her that said 'I was raised by Krendall, why should any human get half as much respect as the dragon that raised me?' That look vanished as she moved on. "Anyway, there's no way anyone would like me enough for that... relationship thing. Besides... I have a duty to the people first."

After a moment, she remembered she was supposed to be picking a cake. She'd had cake several times... but a cake for her birthday.... not so much. "Lemon," she decided. Had she had lemon cake before? She couldn't honestly remember. She liked meat and noodles more than anything else, and if she bought a meal, it usually didn't involve sweets. "That'd be nice to try. I don't think I've had that before." she nodded to herself more than to Kade at the thought.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:50 am

Really?! Dragon slayers had improved senses? Weird. Actually it was sweet of her for explaining. Kade nodded thoughtfully. “Well, alcohol sort of smells disgusting, and makes you crazy, so you aren’t missing out. You are a smart girl, no need to compromise that for fun.” He respected her. She knew what she wanted to be, and even if she stumbled along the way, there was a strong sense of self in her. That was good. She seemed to think she would be alone though. “Well. I think you are quite a special young woman. Whether anyone catches your fancy, or is enough to keep your interest… you’ll attract attention. Powerful, smart, and pretty. Trust me, there are men who notice you.” Not him. Goodness no. He hoped that didn’t sound creepy. He wasn’t going to dwell though.

Alright, perfect! Lemon it is,” he said with a broad smile. He went into the kitchen and began rummaging around the drawers, cabinets, and refrigerator. He pulled out a few pans and began mixing. “So, madam ice dragon slayer, what is so special about you? I mean to ask because… you are literally the only person our little friend can stand to be around without hiding. I think you’re her hero. Not that I am jealous… or not that I hold it against you that I am jealous, but… I wonder what it is that makes you so amazingly special?
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:07 am

Kades's words were actually decently encouraging. For once she didn't argue with being called pretty. In fact, she appreciated it, even if she did need a bit of a trim. It was subtle, but obvious that his words encouraged her. A small part of her was starting to wish she wasn't alone. Not that she needed anyone... plus she had to be honest with herself... she'd probably freak if someone tried to get that close to her, even now. She pushed some hair out of her face and hooked it behind her ear, but didn't outwardly comment on Kade's thoughts on the matter of his opinion of her.

"The only special thing about me is that I'm a dragon slayer... but knowing Ren... that would be more intimidating than encouraging..." the dragon slayer decided thoughtfully. After a few moments she shrugged, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "I think it's more luck than special" Kotone decided, informing Kade. "Trust me, when I met her she was probably the first person I didn't have the heart to try and chase off. Unless it's the fact that I'm not a guy giving me bonus points... you probably should be the special one."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:08 pm

It was nice that Kotone seemed encouraged by Kade. He didn’t know about her aversion to letting people too close, but he knew that people deserved company. They deserved someone they could count on. He was happy to have helped even a little.

Kotone said that the only thing special about her was her status as a dragon slayer and he chuckled, “Oh, I doubt that. Everyone has something special about them, for better or for worse… and that’s beyond their style of magic. Besides, it take someone extra special to earn Ren’s trust,” Kade reminded her. She said it helped that she was not a guy and he nodded, “Yes, well her history with men is… worse than her history with women, so no doubt it helps. My father seemed to think I was special. My adoptive father, not the one who was killed. But then again, it wasn’t because I could get a young woman to talk to me,” he shrugged, meaning Ren.

In the kitchen he started laying out the ingredients, some lemon, some eggs, flour, sugar, and other ingredients. “But I guess the mystery of why you are so special to Ren shall remain unsolved. I suppose she has a thing for dragon slayers.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Kotone nodded at Kade’s words as she shoved her hands into her jacket pockets. It was one of her habits, after all. It didn’t take a genius to figure out there was something up with Ren’s past. She was too timid and damaged-seeming to even entertain otherwise – and that was from someone who had her own past she was trying to get over. Some people never had a dragon, she supposed. She let out a breath she didn’t realize she’d started holding as she considered that. Poor Ren. She doubted Ren wanted her pity though, so she wasn’t going to focus on it. “Maybe she does, eh?” Kotone chuckled. “I can’t imagine why.”

Kotone leaned up against the counter while Kade worked, watching him put the ingredients together. Kotone was a decent cook, herself, though she was best at meats and things. She’d taught herself as a child and hadn’t exactly stopped. She did need to survive, after all. She briefly considered offering to help, but she didn’t really want to ruin the gift part of it. “It’d be great to have a dragon slayer buddy to talk to sometimes. No offense, but I don’t think you can really compare being raised by a human to a dragon. Not from what I’ve seen, anyway.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Kade only thought Ren had a thing for dragon slayers because she was stuck around both the light dragon slayer and the ice dragon slayer. Though no doubt Kotone missed this little detail. She couldn’t imagine why Ren had a thing for dragon slayers. “Yeah… well with what the last one to announce himself did… I wouldn’t be surprised if people started thinking all dragon slayers were self-entitled fools…” he said darkly, frowning as he continued working to start cooking.

Kotone told Kade that she would like to have another dragon slayer to talk to. Yeah, he could relate to that. Normally he felt alright on his own, but with all these feelings over the lightning dragon slayer… well he really could have used someone to talk to him. At least he’d gotten out of the guild hall before he broke anything. She tried to tell him he couldn’t relate, but all it did was serve to amuse him, which was probably visible. “Yeah… from my experience, the two certainly aren’t… even remotely similar. I’d say that might just be me, but I know it isn’t.” He went about cracking some eggs and mixing in other ingredients. The food smelled nice, even if he was only starting the recipe. It helped him feel calm.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 pm

“Yeah…” Kotone nearly spat on the ground from Tatsuma’s idiocy. Kotone had never thought she was better than other people for being a dragon slayer. Different, maybe… stronger for sure… at least compared to others her age. “That idiot has no idea what it means to be a dragon slayer,” she agreed, not really knowing why he was so insulted for her sake. “Heck,” she continued as she watched Kade put together the ingredients for the cake, “I’m not even sure that fool knows how to be a human, the way he acts and talks.”

What he said next though, caused her to pause. She’d been just about to cross her arms while she waited, but froze awkwardly in midair, her eyes instantly turning to appraise Kade, a frown on her face. It wasn’t a frown because she was upset. She wasn’t sure that even with her hearing that she’d managed to hear him correctly. Her arms dropped again. “D-did you just say what I think you said?” Kotone asked, standing up straight now. “You were raised by… a dragon too?” Kotone stood up straight, looking almost excited at the thought as she took a step towards Kade. He had her attention, that much was for sure.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Well this was really weird. Kade didn’t tell people he was a dragon slayer. Things happened with Ren, but… with Kotone he was actively hinting at it for her. It wasn’t his norm; it wasn’t even rational for him. However here he was. Maybe it was because it was her birthday, or because he felt like she needed this. Maybe it was just because… well… he needed this. He needed the company, and yet it felt so completely insane to be actively hinting at it to her.

They briefly spoke of Tatsu’s stupidity, and then she mentioned he didn’t know how to be human. “I only met him on a job… I was with another guild member. I wish she hadn’t been there, for her sake, but it was good to have her there for the conflict,” he sighed.

Now came the tough part. Suddenly it must have clicked, because she froze. He kept mixing things into a bowl. She asked him a vague question, and then a blunt one. “I didn’t really say that… but… yes, I was. A long time ago…” It was sad, how they must have all been abandoned, but what they made of themselves counted more than the tragedy of losing parents. “Its probably why I hate Tatsu so very much… and why Ren started giving me funny looks when she found out you had advanced hearing.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm

“It’s a good reason to hate Tatsuma,” Kotone chuckled, her mood obviously brightened. She shook her head in amusement, raising an eyebrow. “Here I am explaining dragon slayer abilities to a dragon slayer.” Kotone shoved her hands back into her jacket pockets, but was obviously more attentive than before. “The last dragon slayer to admit their status to me… well… actually the last two… I didn’t part on good terms with,” she admitted, leaning over and staring absently at the ground for a moment. She looked back up at Kade. “Unlike them, though, you’re neither a detestable human being nor a perv that lied repeatedly to me when I thought we were friends.”

Kotone suddenly felt the need to take a more active role in the cake making, walking over and picking up one of the ingredients. She knew what to do well enough. She started working on the portion to make it easier for Kade. “It really has been a long time,” Kotone nodded. “It feels like yesterday in some ways. I still remember napping on Dad’s claw as a child very clearly. I was eight then. I’m eighteen today. It’s been forever to someone my age,” she was opening up now, happy to have a dragon slayer who was also an actual friend… more or less at least. “I’ve been bitter for years now, once I gave up on him coming back to me. It was a lot of the reason for the... Attitude when we first met. Ren was lucky she was too much of a kitten to make me feel defensive.”
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Things were strange with Kotone. Kotone was… strange. It wasn’t her fault really, but the situation was just… weird. He basically admitted to being a dragon slayer, to a woman he didn’t know that well, and suddenly she was just accepting it. No proof, although, who would lie about that? Weird people. She knew Ren, he knew Ren, it was a good case of credibility. He wouldn’t say that Ren was an expert in anything, but if she liked someone, he would bend over backwards for them. He wouldn’t tell anyone how much he cared about Ren.

Yeah, I agree,” he said. “… I have more reasons. But I won’t bother you with all of my loathsome rantings.

Kotone felt the need to help Kade with this cake. He didn’t mind. She was older now. She spoke of napping in her father’s claw. He smiled at her, “I was five when I met my father… I… I suppose its different for me. Having some memories of my human parents. I feel so old comparatively. However I do not mind. I am happy to have had the time with him. On our island. It was a lovely place… That was where I learned to garden,” he admitted. It was more than he usually did, even if it wasn’t much. “I think Ren has a power about her. She’s innocent, but not helpless. She is actually quite powerful, if she only knew how to feel confident… but then, its better she be insecure than a sociopath, so I won’t complain,” he said with a shrug.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am

Kotone didn't immediately comment on Tatsuma despite the obvious opening for the two of them to tear him a new one from their safe, happy spot in the guild hall of Lamia Scale. She had once respected him, if begrudgingly. Had he changed that much in between meetings, or had he always been like that? Kotone supposed she had no way to tell. "We're both dragon slayers, and Ren likes you. That makes you trustworthy enough to be a friend in my book," Kotone told Kade. "Which is a little weird... considering I didn't... have friends a few months ago. Not any I would admit to anyway. The point is..." Kotone sighed, continuing to help with ingredients, "You can rant if you want. I'm sure I could give you even more reasons to hate him if you got me worked up enough," she admitted.

"But yeah," Kotone was honestly enjoying herself. A kitchen setting making her own birthday cake wasn't really her scene. She enjoyed being out in nature. She liked using her magic and being a hero and taking down the bad guys. She liked... well... exciting, non-mundane stuff. Getting to do the cool stuff was like payment for always feeling isolated and seperated from other people.  But Kade... Kade was nice. He'd integrated himself quite well into society compared to anyone else she'd met, even Raven. "Dad was never boring to be around. I worked constantly despite being really young by normal standards. I was always studying and practicing martial arts and magic and being told it was my duty to protect the humans so that they would have the chance to make something of themselves. He's the source of most of my pride as a dragon slayer, but also my biggest source of depression oftentimes."

Kotone looked over at Kade, giving him one of her famous fang-filled grins. "Ren did a B-rank mission all by herself. I know she's strong. Between that and her participation at the tournament... I don't really need anymore proof."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Unsurprisingly Kotone had more she could say about Tatsu, but Kade imagined they shouldn’t just sit around hating on someone who wasn’t there. At least not doing it just to do it. If it made them feel better, or if it was actually a discussion of why he was a problem, then yes. He was trying to avoid getting worked up for being worked up’s sake.

Well I am sorry for any experiences you’ve had with him…. And for the one I had with him,” he sighed. Apparently all it took was Kade being a dragon slayer for Kotone to open up a lot. She talked about her father and being young. He nodded as he listened to her, turning on the oven so it would be warm by the time the ingredients were ready. “Well, I am glad for the pride. The depression makes sense… its hard to be alone, and you’re probably the most alone I have seen. It’s a shame, since I can see you’re a good person and people would like having you around if you let yourself.

At the mention of the B rank mission that Kade had specifically given to Ren to take, he coughed a little, “Yeah… that one… she did it all on her own. Came back looking pretty beat up… but it did help her self-confidence, which is great,” he agreed. He hadn’t talked about his past, but he figured letting Kotone talk on her birthday was nicer.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 pm

“Being alone means you can’t be abandoned again,” Kotone told Kade seriously, pausing her help momentarily as she said it. She didn’t look up; she just stared forward as if reliving the feelings. Truthfully, she was taking great pains to do the opposite of what was at this point in her nature to do, for the most part. Sure, she made friends if she wasn’t trying too hard in one direction or the other, but when she actually tried… it was always to push people away, and always completely on purpose no matter how it looked. “Whoever said it was better to have loved and lost… has no idea what the pain of that loss feels like.”

Kotone mentally shook her head, blinking a time or two outwardly as she came out of her dark spiral. “That said, I didn’t want to be such a huge hypocrite anymore. Dragon slayers are more than big-mouthed braggarts.” Kotone was still a very proud person. It was just slightly harder to tell with her no longer lashing out at every perceived threat just as much or more than she did any actual heroing.

Kotone paused at the mention of Ren getting hurt. Ren certainly hadn’t mentioned it that she could remember, not that she’d asked. Ren had seemed fine at the time, after all. “Good,” she agreed when Kade told her it had helped her self-confidence. Kotone was pretty self-assured herself, to the point of it nearly being a bad thing. Even now she hated to accept help when she actually needed it, at least in a fight. "Ren deserves to feel confident. I just don't think anyone can do that for her but her."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Well, it was clear that Kotone had her issues. They all did, but she was a loner. He sighed, “Yes…. Well that sounds like how some people I know live, and I’ve seen how much good it does to them. I’d rather be hurt than stop living life completely…” he could do it alone. It wasn’t his nature. He loved being a part of his guild and that community. “Besides, a hero without any attachment to their people isn’t so much a hero as… someone strong who is doing something good for the time. That can quickly sour.” Maybe that was what had happened with Tatsu. Although he’d seen no evidence that the boy was ever actually good to begin with.

That is definitely true,” Kade agreed. They were more than braggarts, even if some of them might not agree. It was still weird to be having this conversation with her, about something he never talked to anyone about. It wouldn’t surprise him that Ren didn’t mention getting hurt. She didn’t like people to worry about her. “I imagine that’s true… although you certainly seem to have helped. At least she is more motivated now.” He mixed all the ingredients and got a man ready for the oven.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down