FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training)

2 posters

Go down

Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training) Empty Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training)

Post by Zahn Skye Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

So... it was today. After the tournament, Zahn had discussed becoming a member of Lamia Scale with Kade. The other mage had gladly welcomed Zahn on board, but the Jinx mage still felt a little uneasy. After the tournament he'd thought long and hard about what Sonata had said. What did he lack? What could make him stronger right now? Eventually he understood. Friends. The people he trusted his life to, and those he counted on to watch his back. Friends could make him stronger. That was the whole point of the the tournament. He didn't like being jerked about, but he had to admit, Sonata and the Guild Masters were pretty smart in their own right. So today was his official welcome to Lamia Scale as one of its several new members.

I guess watching us during the tournament got people thinking about joining. We came in second after all, so I suppose it isn't a surprise that some newcomers became interested. I hope neither of the other teams have anything against us. I know Lamia and Fairy Tail are old rivals, though I can't see a guild that Kayoko belongs to being to competitive. I never did get to meet anyone from Fairy Tail, though I heard they are just as rowdy and ridiculous as their reputation suggests. Still...

The Jinx mage's thoughts were interrupted as he walked in the Guild Hall and was immediately greeted by some people. This guild might be a little too friendly after all... The Jinx mage sighed, ignoring the onslaught of questions and comments from others as he searched for Kade. He wanted to train with the other mage. He knew he needed to get strong and he figured a good way to do it was to find out how Kade became so strong. He was also looking forward to seeing Ren again, now that he was a member of Lamia, though he'd heard she often hid even from her fellow guildmates. Not too surprising, though maybe a little disappointing for Zahn. He knew he and she had much in common, and also would've liked to talk to her more before the tournament had ended.

Oh well. I suppose I'll have enough chances now that I'm a member of the Guild. I wonder what it will be like... Having to do missions, trying to work with other people... I hope I don't disappoint anyone...

Zahn tried to push the negativity out of his mind while he wandered around. Kade was hard to find, though that might have something to do with the fact that Zahn was fairly new to the Guild. He supposed the other mage might be in his gardens, though Kade did mention wanting to show Zahn around. So the Jinx mage found a nice, somewhat dark corner and waited for his friend to show up.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 110
Primary Magic : Jinx Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://www.youtube.com/ImagineIfYouWillShow

Back to top Go down

Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training) Empty Re: Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training)

Post by Kade Lazarus Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Today was a good day. Just one more day that was better than the last. Not better than a few days beforehand, no doubt. He had been spending his time with a rather interesting young woman. It helped him calm down and come to his senses after the tournament. She was interesting, although he couldn’t say he necessarily knew what to make of her or their time together. Despite that, he intended to make it a habit of visiting her. After he properly read the book she had lent him. It was safe in his bedroom right now, under his pillow, ready to be perused as soon as he got back.

Kade put on a loose white button-down shirt and some loose jeans to walk around his guild hall. Being back was good, but the damage his guild had sustained did not make him happy. He was in and out doing jobs to earn money for the members of Lamia Scale. Some of his friends had lost their stuff in the recent attack, but things were mellowed right now. They were happy to have new friends among their ranks, and Zahn in specific was interesting because they had seen him in the tournament. Also he had been endorsed by Kade, and most of the guild liked Kade. Most or all of them.

His friend was coming to Lamia Scale, and Kade was happy to show him around. He walked around his guild before he noticed a man in a dark corner. Kade smiled. The light mage looked a bit different since the tournament. He had tanned more, he looked a bit more worn. His hair was long enough to be pulled into a short pony-tail. Still, he was happy, “Zahn! Its good to see you. Has everyone been nice? Do you know where you are going to sleep? How are you?

311/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 627
Primary Magic : Light Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training) Empty Re: Making Friends, and a Little Progress (Training)

Post by Zahn Skye Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Zahn noticed Kade coming up to him and smiled, though mostly to himself. Finally a familiar face. However, along with Kade's presence came an onslaught of questions. Apparently, everyone wanted to know more about Zahn. He was still quite uncomfortable being around people, but he decided that Kade got a free pass. He knew the other mage meant well, at the very least.

"Aaah, calm down. I can't answer everything all at once. Everyone has been nice. A little too nice, if I was to be honest and open. I have no idea where I'm going to sleep. After all, I just got here. Seemed like everyone saw the tournament... and apparently that endeared me to them somehow. As for how I am... better. Better now that the tournament is over... but at the same time. Now that I'm here, especially as Guild member, I feel like I should get stronger. We were attacked, or so I heard. As I mentioned during the tournament, I can't use my magic on people, and that's not entirely by choice. If people are going to attack us, I think I should be able to defend the guild against those people."

Zahn paused to catch his breath. He still wasn't used to talking at length. However, he knew Kade well enough to know that his friend would patiently wait for the Jinx mage to finish talking then come to a well-thought out conclusion on what to do. Kade was kind of awesome like that.

"I need someone to train me. I need a friend to make sure I stay in control.. and I'd like that to be you. You helped me a lot previously, and honestly if we're going to be hanging out more, might as well get started now..."

Zahn trailed off, slightly embarassed but mostly worn-out from all the talking he'd been doing. He sat down and looked at Kade with a serious expression.

"What do you say? Will you help me?"

The Jinx mage waited for Kade's answer, hoping it would be a positive one.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:04 pm

Kade chuckled when Zahn said he couldn’t answer everything at once. That was fair. Zahn was clearly a loner. He had his ability to bond with new people, as Kade had seen. He was a nice man and he had enough in common with Ren that Kade saw Ren actually feeling bad for Zahn. That was rare. At least it was rare for her to actually try to comfort anyone with references to “understanding.” Zahn brought out a good side of Kade’s little friend, and a good side of Kade. It was nice to make friends and it was nice to be able to help someone. Even though Lamia Scale had not “won” the competitive camping challenge, they had lost nothing. They gained several new members, one of which being Zahn. While it was nice to see a guildless wizard aligning himself with a guild for group unity, it was even nicer to see Zahn finding himself a home. He might not view it as home anytime soon, but the least they could do is give him the potential to see it that way. If not home, still a safe and happy place to be. If not for that whole… attack thing.

In any case, home or not, Zahn was welcome. He was a loner, but he also seemed to have a loneliness to him. He didn’t want to accept help, or need help, but he wanted to help in return. It was a bit one sided, but that was nothing new. Kade had ceased being surprised when good people came in, feeling bad, but wanting to help, and accepting nothing in return. Kade wanted Zahn to be here indefinitely, and to help facilitate any self-improvement, learning, and adventures he wanted for himself. Plus he wanted to be better friends. Still, he understood that this was all probably pretty overwhelming. The guild had been smaller back when Kade joined. They also lost people in the war. They were gaining in numbers, but Kade was used to it by now. That didn’t make it any less special, but it did make it more relaxing.

A little too nice,” Kade said with a smirk, “Well, they mean no harm. You can always adopt Ren’s means of dealing with them. Just walk in the shadows and you’ll have time to yourself. But alternatively… they will get used to you, and if you seem anxious around them, they will lay off. And yeah… they liked the tournament.” Kade didn’t say that part of it was him. They all knew and seemed to like him, so of course they wanted to watch. They would have watched either way, he suspected, but his presence did get them a bit excited.

Somehow, hm? You were pretty impressive in the tournament. I can see why they would have made them like you more.” And now came a bit more serious matters. He was feeling better, but he mentioned the attack. Kade nodded slowly. Yeah…  Kade arched an eyebrow at what he heard next. Zahn wanted to learn how to attack people with his magic? It was perhaps a bit strange, coming from Zahn’s personality, but Kade wasn’t going to argue. It helped with self-defense, and with being a part of a guild in a crisis. He could certainly understand. “You have a fair point, Zahn.

He’d listened to what all Zahn had said, and when he mentioned needing a friend to help him train, Kade was unsurprised. He smiled at Zahn, but he let the man keep going. Finally there was a simple, laid out request, and Kade kept smiling, “Of course. I would be more than happy to help you train your magic. It will give me an excuse to practice my own as well.  It will be good for both of us. Though we might want to figure out where you are sleeping first. If you plan to live in the guild hall, you might end up sharing a room with another guy around here. We can work on getting you your own room though, if you would like.” Kade used to have a roommate, but that had changed in the past several years. He was alright having his own private space though, and would understand anyone, especially Zahn, wanting that too.

1027/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm

The Jinx mage broke into a small smile as Kade took the time to respond to everything Zahn had said. Kade was apparently never one to let any detail slip by him. That's probably why Zahn liked the other mage so much. He was nice, smart, and extremely willing to help Zahn even when the Jinx mage seemed to give up on himself. However, now that he was here...

I'll work to change that. I'll become a person worthy of being here and calling these people my friends. I'll learn to protect them. I hope this training goes well, and with Kade as my partner I think I can safely expect that it will...

Zahn took off his eye-patch and set it in his pocket. He opened his previously covered eye and his smile widened as he spoke, once more, to his friend.

"I'm glad you're here. If at all possible, and since it seems like it might just work out for the best, why don't I room with you? It'll be easier than trying to live alone inside a hall full of other people. Especially if they're going to talk to me given any chance I don't abscond to some dark corner. If you don't want to that's fine too. I'm used to toughing it out on my own anyway."

Not that it was anything new, but Zahn had started rambling a bit. He did that, especially if he was nervous. However, he was trying his hardest to work through the nerves. After all, this place was his new home. He'd have to learn to think of it that way at some point. Still...

"Back on track... you need practice too? What would you be practicing? You seemed to hold yourself together the best out of all of us during the tournament. Well, I suppose I'll find out when we train. So, now that I'm here..."

Zahn trailed off sheepishly. He was certainly embarrassed with what he had to say next. He opened his mouth to speak but his stomach made a noise, thus speaking for him. He sighed, extremely uncomfortable now. No way to hide it anymore.

"... got anything to eat? I don't think I can train on an empty stomach..."

If there was any tension, it was gone now certainly. He noticed at least one person staring at him from nearby. They must've had pretty good ears, and Zahn looked away out of embarrassment. So much for his grand first impression on everyone in the Guild. He smiled at Kade, his grin a little forced but still pretty genuine.

"Eh heh. Sorry..."

Zahn's voice seemed to trail off once more as he waited for Kade's response. At this point he just wanted to eat something and then start training as quickly as possible.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Kade liked to respond to almost everything. He knew that sometimes things should be ignored, but usually he just reacted to everything. The shyest people were easy to fluster and Kade liked to respond to them. Not because he liked to fluster them, but because he preferred to make sure to cover even the things they hoped he would ignore. Sometimes they secretly wanted those things pointed out, sometimes they just needed it. It wasn’t true of everyone, but it was common enough in Kade’s experience.

He was genuinely surprised when Zahn asked to room with him. First he wasn’t sure he’d ever expressed having his own room. Then he decided it was probably just easy to guess. Sharing a room? In general? Well, he liked having his own space. He had adjusted to it for most of his life. Moving to Lamia Scale had brought him back down to earth, but even sharing a room then hadn’t lasted all that long. “Uh…” he blinked. But really, Kade was not sure how to answer that. “I have a lot of stuff.” It almost sounded like an excuse. He wasn’t a hoarder, but he did collect things. “And the second bed has long since moved out of my room. I would suggest my friend Amie…” he trailed off, but he somehow didn’t think that would end well. He just knew their personalities would be hilarious together. “but that won’t work. I don’t have a problem rooming with you specifically, but I’ve kind of grown accustomed to having my own space. However, given the current situation…. You can room there while repairs are being done.

And now they were “back on track.” It apparently surprised Zahn hat Kade needed practice too. He smirked, “Really? Well… anything. My spells, my fighting technique. I need to practice consistently, otherwise I will get rusty, and I won’t improve. Also there is a spell I have been hoping to master, if you want a more specific answer,” Kade told him with a shrug. He really did have to practice often. He was a bit out of the habit of fighting constantly, but he did love some good sparing.

Since Zahn was apparently hungry Kade led him to the kitchen. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve always got some food around here. That is part of what you could consider my training. I go hunting and bring back some meat. But never rabbit. Don’t…” he shook his head seriously, “bring rabbit meat back here. I keep a bunch of rabbits in a hitch in my garden for a friend, and I’m positive he would not react well to rabbit meat. But that is his personal thing,” Kade shrugged. “Do you want something meat or vegetables, or fruit?

1486/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Zahn listened patiently through Kade's response. He noted that Kade was surprisingly more protective of his personal space that the Jinx mage had initially thought. It made sense to him on some level, though. Everyone enjoyed their own personal space from time to time. Some more than others. Zahn never really had "personal space" to begin with, he'd just isolate himself. For him it was just a nice change to be able to ask someone if they did want to hang around him. Still, he was pleased he could stay at least a little while with Kade. He'd find his own room during that time, to be sure.

"Thanks..."

Kade went on to explain that even he needed training and that he would be working on a specific spell during their little spar. The Jinx mage meant what he said. He'd like to see if he could use his magic to affect people. However, with his disposition it was unlikely he'd make a lot of progress in any short amount of time. He just didn't like hurting people. Even the Dark Guilds, who had attacked his new hom, must've had people that cared about them. Knowing that made it so much harder for Zahn to force himself to try and hurt someone with magic. He'd always magic should be used for the benefit of others. As Zahn followed Kade to the kitchen he was surprised once more when Kade told him not to eat rabbit meat. Maybe it was a little hypocritical but animals that could be used as pets never seemed edible to Zahn. Sure, he might cook up a frog or some snakes or something like that, but rabbits, cats and dogs were just outside his scope of animals that could be turned into food. Granted, he wasn't too picky about the things he ate in general and maybe it was just because he considered certain animals cute, but he told himself it was justified to eat something like a snake as part of the "circle of life"... or however people put it. He nodded solemnly as Kade finished telling him not to eat the rabbits.

I can't believe there are people who would eat them... what weirdos...

Kade continued on, asking what Zahn would prefer to eat. The Jinx mage thought about it for a short while and decided that if he was going to spar with Kade he'd need all of his energy. Hopefully Kade wouldn't mind making a slightly bigger meal.

"Ahh... probably both? Meat and vegetables. I think it's good to have a fairly balanced diet. Well, maybe diet isn't the right word, but when I eat I like to eat both. If it isn't too much trouble to make. Heck, if it is, maybe I'll go out hunting with you...? I suppose an extra pair of hands could be useful."

Zahn stopped talking, once again waiting for his friend's response. The Jinx mage hoped he wasn't being a bother to Kade, now that he'd officially joined a Guild he wanted to make a good impression. The Dark Guild attack was enough to set Zahn on edge though. He didn't like having to look over his shoulder, and without the ability to affect living creatures with his magic it might be hard to fend off multiple Dark Guild attackers should he ever run into them. So if Kade wanted to take an extra person along, Zahn would completely understand.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Kade didn’t realize how much he valued his personal space until it was challenged. It wasn’t even a measure of feeling threatened, he just wanted to keep his space. He spent so much time around the guild helping people, talking to people, being their friend. He loved it. Still, sometimes he needed a place to escape to. He had his garden, and he had his room. Those were crucial.

Of course.” He was glad Zahn hadn’t taken it the wrong way.

The explanation about food wasn’t really given and met on the same page. While Zahn thought of things as pets… Kade had never had a pet. He never had. He took care of rabbits for a friend, but he absolutely did not have pets. He felt borderline nervous taking care of those animals. He was a hunter. He would kill something for survival before he would make it his pet, and yet… he was a nurturer. He couldn’t really explain the disconnect. It was something in how he was raised. Fish were food. Meat was food. Anything you connected with was different. It was different, but it was also… confusing. He thought it made perfect sense, but he could not articulate that to anyone else. For that reason he questioned the coherency of his thoughts. In the end, he liked animals, but he didn’t have a… sympathetic relationship with him.

Fair enough,” Kade agreed. The idea of a balanced diet was good. Someone who wanted to pursue an active lifestyle should probably eat well. Yes, magic took care of a lot of things, but if they wanted to match their magic, they should keep in shape. Perhaps him being a martial artist skewed his view of this.

You can certainly go hunting with me sometime. I usually do it alone, but I would like to see how it would go having company. And besides, it will be a new experience for us both. I bet we’ll both learn something.” Kade didn’t feel any particular discomfort being

1823/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 am

Zahn listened to Kade as the other mage responded to him. In the meantime he thought about what life would be like here at Lamia Scale. There would be lots of people he'd have to get to know...

Oi vey...

Zahn found a nice place to sit and did so, trying to ignore his social phobia for the time being. He made a note of how enthusiastic Kade was to go out hunting, and smiled. His friend had some interesting hobbies, to be sure. He was about to say something, but kept quiet when he realized Kade had a bit more to say. He continued to listen, his mind wandering off a bit as he thought about how nice it was to finally have a home again. Once Kade had finished Zahn spoke up.

"Thanks. We'll have to try that some time. Team hunting. Meanwhile, is there a place to spar or train here in the guild? I just got here, so I'm unsure of where everything is. Luckily I don't really have much stuff, but this place is so big..."

The Jinx mage trailed off, getting distracted by random things as he looked around. While he was shy, he was also intensely curious. He liked learning new things and seeing new places and as such his mind was more occupied now with the Guild itself and all it contained. He scanned the area, making a mental note to check everything out once he got truly settled in. Clearing his throat, he tried to refocus himself on the task at hand.

"Right. Well. Anyway, we should probably get to training, right? Or wait, no. Let's eat quickly and then get to training."

Zahn was slowly acting more and more like himself around Kade. His scatterbrained and fast-paced speech usually far outstripped the meaning of what he was saying. Words just sort of collectively tumbled out of his mouth from time to time and he had to hope the people around him understood. He wasn't even aware of it most of the time, and usually stopped talking if someone pointed it out to him. He kept on searching around, curious and preoccupied. He did however, make sure to keep an ear open for Kade's response to any of this.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Zahn being scatter brained was fairly amusing. He was a nice guy, and he seemed so put together in their first encounter. Maybe Kade was just remembering it wrong. He had been leaving from a fight with some bandits. A bit injured, but nothing serious. Zahn had been clearly quiet and less than comfortable with making small talk. Perhaps it was just because Kade had been a complete stranger then. Perhaps he did it easier now because they were friends. It wasn’t as if this were crucial information that Kade absolutely positively needed to know, but it did make him curious. A lot of things made him curious though. Like… meeting anyone. He wasn’t this scatter brained though, but people who were could be fun. It was fun to see how their minds worked, see what things they connected to, and how quickly they would jump from one topic to another. See what they told him without meaning to. Yeah, he liked it.

It would also be interesting to see how Zahn interacted with the other members of their guild. Kade didn’t spent that much time in his room. He was usually in his garden, or in the dining area. He cooked more group meals than he did private meals. Honestly even when he tried to cook a private meal it often times ended up being shared with several. Young wizards could rarely pass up the smell of delicious food being cooked fresh in the morning. So he would heap on some more to the pot and make his food for a few people. Then they would sit around and talk. He would ask how said wizard was doing if they were alone. Make sure everything was alright and that they had everything they needed. If it was a big group, they talked about the weather, and things they had done together. They discussed adventures and fun things everyone could have a good time hearing about. From there he would spend a lot of time hanging out and making himself available if anyone needed anything. Recently he was gone doing more jobs and having his own adventures. However, it still didn’t mean he spent a lot of time in his room. If he was in his room, it was to unwind. He just hoped Zahn wouldn’t hide there. For Zahn’s socializing, not because Kade would mind that much personally.

Yeah, we have a large training room. And another multi-purpose room in the basement. If you need water for training we have a pool. Also there is a river… it’s a bit of a hike, but it is certainly more private, if that is necessary.” He said this as he thought about the various things Zahn might want to know. “I usually train outside in the open air. I prefer being out on a nice day, but that’s just me.” Then, smartly Zahn mentioned food. They would need a break after food, before training, but it just gave time to be shown around.

Alright, that sounds good to me. Do you like chicken salad?” he asked, thinking about what he felt like making, and what ingredients he had already stored.

2352/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:39 pm

The Jinx mage kept searching the Guild, his curious nature getting the better of him as he became more comfortable in his new surroundings. He'd even managed to forget that there were people watching him, his interest piqued by a number of things within in the Guild. He picked up numerous things, studying them for a while, then setting them down and moving above. Normally, as Kade would probably quickly discover, Zahn was not one for sitting still. He spent a good long while looking through everything he could. Eventually he came to the realization that Kade had been speaking to him.

Whoops. Guess I should've paid a little bit more attention... Hrm... what did he say...?

Zahn thought back for a few long moments until he recalled what had been said.

"Training outside? Hrm... Oh, yes. Chicken salad sounds fine."

The Jinx mage thought about the prospect of training in the outdoors. His magic could be freely used to its maximum potential outside, and while that was good, Zahn was trying to become more powerful. Still for now, it might be better to stick with what he knew. Although, considering how little control his seemed to have his power at crucial times maybe it was a good idea to try something new. Zahn wrestled with his thoughts for a while, absorbed in his own little world. Eventually he nodded, mostly to himself, and began to speak again.

"I think starting our training outside, for now at least, is probably the best plan. Even though I do want to find out if I can somehow affect a person with my powers, gaining more control of what I can do now might be a good idea. I explained my powers to you in the tournament as best I could, but maybe showing you the full range of my skills might help you help me. Also, since I'm more comfortable in wide open spaces it'll be a good chance to learn about you as well."

Zahn extended his hand, offering his friend a handshake.

"I'm looking forward to working with you, Kade. I hope I don't disappoint."

There was a slightly skewed smirk on Zahn's face as he held out his hand. He wasn't used to trying to interact with others on purpose. Guild life was certainly going to be interesting. He felt like this was s start of a new adventure and that filled him with more energy than he knew he could muster. Now, it was time to see what he could do with that.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:37 pm

It was interesting to think Zahn was capable of forgetting he was being watched. It was probably a good thing. His general scatterbrained tendencies letting him relax. Nothing wrong with that.

It seemed that in Zahn’s disconnected attention he had tuned out of what Kade was saying. Training outside. Chicken salad. Well, alright, Kade would work with those responses. Kade thought that training inside had its perks. It allowed for a more controlled environment, and it required a certain focus. The echoes of the walls played his senses. The lack of direct sunlight made him less energetic. Being outside made him feel more alive and happy, at least when he needed to be doing anything exercise related.

Kade led to the kitchen. He began getting out the ingredients for the chicken salad he planned to make. Zahn spoke about training and how it was best to start outside. Kade nodded as he listened. “Yeah. It does sound like being outside will be best. Less people train outside, so we will have an easier time getting privacy. I imagine that will make you more comfortable too.

Kade shook Zahn’s hand when it was offered, “I look forward to it as well. And I am sure you won’t disappoint me. Just keep focused and do your best. If you give me that, I’ll be happy.” From there he went back to his cooking. He washed some lettuce and began pulling it apart. He took some chicken out and began cutting it into chunks while a skillet warmed. “So, what is your overall goal in training? Complete control?” he asked as he cooked.

2622/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:16 pm

((Real quick post, then I'm off again! Time management skills, I am finally getting them!))

Zahn quietly hovered around in the background, watching Kade cooking and barely containing his excitement. Zahn loved to eat, especially if the food was good. Embarrassingly, Zahn hadn't mentioned how good he found the meal last time Kade had made something for him. At least, he didn't remember mentioning it. Mostly because he'd been much more shy at the time. Well, no time like the present.

"Oh... thanks for the food last time too. It was great. Sorry I didn't say anything before..."

Zahn trailed off, but quickly recovered his composure. No need to get depressed now. He was a full-fledged member of Lamia Scale now. Whatever new experiences he had here, he'd make sure to cherish them. Kade mentioned that he was okay with outdoor training and Zahn nodded, happy that his friend had enough confidence in him to agree with his plan. When Kade continued on however, he asked the question Zahn had been sort of dreading. He said he wanted to improve in order to take on people, but that wasn't necessarily true. He didn't even know if he COULD use his power against people. Maybe it just didn't work that way. However, he did want to test his limits. If he could actually use his power on people he'd find a way to make sure he never lost control. After all, manipulating his environment seemed like it would be enough.

"More or less, yeah. I want to make sure that I practice hard enough that I gain the skills necessary to never activate my power when I don't want to, and never lose control when I do activate it. I'd prefer to not be around people who I don't know while using my powers right now, just in case. Plus, I've been thinking about what that woman said after she tested us in the tournament. About how everyone lacks something and that by finding those things we could become even stronger. I couldn't come up with much of an answer on my own and that's when I realized that what I lacked that could make me stronger is friends. People who will work with me and forgive my mistakes and push me to my limits. Almost literally, people who will make me better. I... really had fun working with you and Ren during the tournament, though I suppose I was a little more depressed than I should've been... So, I want to make it up myself now and learn how to be a part of a group. Part of that is gaining enough control so I never have to worry about hurting someone when I don't want to."

As Zahn finished speaking he took a deep breath. A lot had just come out and he was exhausted now, mentally. He found a place to sit and did so, taking another deep breath and then sighing. He smiled a little sadly, but very genuinely.

"So here I am. Ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get stronger."

Zahn inhaled once more, this time smelling the food.

"Smells great. I think I'll enjoy this meal too."
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Kade was a good cook, and that was part of why he was so popular as a group chef. Another part was just that he was willing to make big portions for the rest of the group. Zahn backtracked and thanked Kade for the meal the last time, complimenting the food. “Oh, that’s fine. I could tell you appreciated it. But thanks,” he told his friend with a smile. He’d asked Zahn what he wanted to learn, if it was complete control, and Zahn, in true Zahn fashion, said a lot.

Kade looked at the food as Zahn explained he needed to practice hard. Hard enough that his powers wouldn’t activate without him meaning for them to. That was a good point. Kade had his temper to combat, but he never just… jinxed things, for obvious reasons. Zahn’s powers, although interesting, came with their own set of dangers, both to Zahn and to those around him. It made sense that he was stressed out about it most of the time. Kade didn’t wish that on him though. He knew he could hold his own even if Zahn slipped up. Kade was more than competent at both defense and subdual. He was a good training partner for Zahn, he suspected.

He referenced the tournament now. Everyone lacked something. Kade nodded. “I had fun working with you as well. Its too bad we probably won’t be able to convince Ren of that. She’s back to her rabbit hole as it were.” Zahn had said a whole lot, and he seemed tired now. He sat down and sighed. “Well its good you are ready for hard work. That’s the first step. Being willing to do what it takes to improve. Nothing would change otherwise. And thanks,” he said again, as far as the food smelling good. He went back to focusing on it. Soon he had everything prepared and in a large bowl. “Let’s eat at one of the tables. You pick one, I will get plates.” He gave Zahn the bowl and went to find forks and plates.

2968/7500
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Zahn remained fairly quiet until Ren was mentioned. He'd meant to go visit her when he got to the Guild, but a lot of stuff had happened in the meantime. The attack on the Guild being one thing, but mostly Zahn was still just getting used to his new surroundings. Besides, he wasn't even sure how the conversation between him and Ren would even go. There'd be a lot of long pauses and awkward silence everywhere. He chuckled, mostly to himself, but assumed Kade could probably hear him. Kade seemed pretty normal, but something about him gave off the impression that he had some sort of special senses.

I could just ask him, but the I bet I'll find out during training anyway. Still...

Zahn nodded at Kade's summation of his feelings about training. He scanned the area for a good table, as Kade had requested he do, while his friend set about finding some plates for the food that had been prepared. Zahn sighed, a little listlessly.

"I was hoping I would see Ren again. She helped me out a lot during the tournament... and I want to get to know her a little better. She seems a lot like me..."

Zahn spoke his thoughts aloud, though he was fairly certain he was speaking under his breath. It would be weird if he went around talking to himself now that he was in a public area with people. He shuddered a little, once again reminding himself that he had a place he belonged now. That scared him. It was one of the reasons he wanted to see Ren again. That, and he wanted to apologize to her for not being much help during the tournament. He fondly remembered how much Kade and Ren had done for him, even if they didn't think of it that way. He considered himself to be in their debt. Still, he'd never say it out loud, since Kade seemed to want Zahn to stop thinking that way about himself.

I can't really help it though. I was brought up to believe that I was a cursed existence to others. I hope this training will prove me wrong, but...

Zahn sighed gently, trying to shake his thoughts from his head once more. He found a table, one slightly away from the others. He knew Kade might read into it a bit much, but he sat down at the table he'd found and waited for Kade to spot him. If anything, Zahn at least knew that he'd more or less get used to the more friendly atmosphere eventually. A few people passed by, some boys some girls, all who wanted to comment on how he and the others had looked pretty cool during the tournament. Zahn retreated into himself a bit more, just nodding and brushing off any comments of praise. "I wasn't really much help" was the thing he said the most though by the time Kade showed up he was mostly just keeping quiet. After the other mage took his seat, Zahn spoke up once more.

"So... let's eat?"

It was more of a question than a statement, and Zahn noticed that it was pretty meek. He'd been doing well up until now, but he was beginning to once again feel overwhelmed by the pleasant atmosphere and attitude of the people in the Guild. He hoped Kade wouldn't notice, but he wouldn't be at all surprised if he did. After all, Kade seemed fairly good at guessing what Zahn was thinking most of the time.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Conversations between someone and Ren didn’t tend to “go” according to anything. They didn’t really happen. People talked to her, about her, but since she usually avoided really involving herself, it made sense that she didn’t talk to a lot of people. Zahn would have to find her before he could even attempt to talk to her.

Kade heard Zahn say he hoped he would see Ren. He wasn’t speaking to Kade, and Kade wasn’t all that close, but Kade’s dragon senses made it easy to hear the other man. He supposed it was right, the two of them were quite similar. That didn’t always make interacting a good thing. It would be a challenge, that was for sure. But maybe they could actually be good together.

Kade showed up at Zahn’s table. Away from most other people. Yes, well Kade was a magnet, and he often attracted other people to his location. He hoped that wouldn’t bother Zahn. Maybe he should warn him? “If we’re lucky no one will want to join us… it doesn’t seem like you would appreciate that. However usually I have a lot of people who join me for my means.” He set everything up and waited for Zahn to serve himself, adding “You first,” to make sure his friend understood he was trying to be polite.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Zahn nodded at his friend's comment and happily set into his food, eating without much restraint. He was starving, and it showed. He did appreciate being in a place where food and shelter where the norm and he didn't have to do much besides be here and go out on jobs that were already posted for him. He smiled, a little sadly, and mostly to himself.

What is that...? A sense of entitlement, maybe? I deserve food and shelter, yeah? I think every human does, but working for it is pretty normal. Still, as a Guildless I really only took on jobs that I liked... and even then I was always doing my own thing and going hungry because of it.

The Jinx mage looked around the hall as he ate, sighing in response to Kade's comment about him drawing people together.

"Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Drawing people to you, I mean. Which reminds me, congrats on the number two position. I suppose that means you're going to have even more responsibilities now so I'm grateful for the chance to train with you."

Zahn sat back, finishing off his food and sighed.

"After all, I also want to live up to everyone's expectations. All those people who saw the tournament... they seemed impressed with our team. Yet, I don't feel like I did a whole lot. I want to make sure I can help out when it counts. The world is changing and I feel like I'm going to have a to change with it. Being on my own hasn't helped me much, and despite my aversion to people I feel... happy... being here as a member of the guild."

Zahn drew in a deep breath and stood.

"With that said, thanks for the food. I'm going to set my things somewhere, then I'll meet you outside for training."

The Jinx mage excused himself and grabbed his things, walking off to find a place he could stash them. After he did that, he hurried outside, somewhat anxious to start training with Kade.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:58 pm

[[OOC NOTE: So. Part of Kade’s comments on temporarily sharing a room with Zahn, are because he isn’t the ace yet. This thread took place months ago, right after the tournament, and definitely before he became Ace. So I’m just going to ignore the part where Zahn compliments Kade for it, because I don’t know the next time I will get a chance to chat with you]]

Kade didn’t think guild members had a sense of entitlement automatically. Now, some of them did, but that was just part of everyone. Anyone could be a bad egg, but it didn’t make the group bad. The appreciation of having an easier life was certainly not entitlement. The lack of appreciation for good things, that spelled entitlement. Kade tried to keep his opinions to on the positive side of things. People were more willing to listen to constructive criticism than being torn down.

Zahn admitted wanting to live up to everyone’s expectations, and Kade could understand that. “You really do just need to be yourself. As long as you are you, and still growing, it will be fine. They don’t expect you to be someone else. They did see your struggles in the tournament. I can’t account for each individual person’s thoughts, but I get the impression they are fairly open to your personality. As far as helping out… that’s certainly what training is for.” He got quiet enough so that he could just focus on eating, wanting to finish his food and let it settle before running around with Zahn.

Zahn finished eating and stood up, planning to put his things somewhere. “Alright, see you soon.” Kade went to wash and put away the dishes, and then headed outside. When Zahn found him, he looked more on edge. “Anxious about this?
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:41 am

Zahn half-chuckled at his friend's comment. Kade was correct, Zahn was anxious, but probably not for the reasons Kade might've thought. Zahn wasn't used to training with anyone. He hadn't trained with someone else since before the war. He smiled, reminiscing about his family for a little before sighing. He didn't want to chance losing control of his powers again with someone else around. Still, he figured Kade was telling him the truth about being able to handle whatever Zahn was capable of.

Still...

A forlorn look crossed the Jinx mage's face for a second, but he composed himself and smiled at his friend who had been waiting patiently for his response.

"Well, maybe a little anxious. However, I need this. So..."

The young mage trailed off, scanning his surroundings quickly. He figured if he was going to have any chance of keeping up with his partner he'd have to make full use of his surroundings. He didn't want to hold Kade back after all. There was no pointing in training with someone else unless both people go something out of it, and Zahn was going to make sure he didn't let his friend down. He couldn't take too long memorizing every inch of the area though, so for now a quick scan and assessment of the things he could use to his advantage was all the Jinx mage allowed himself time for. Once he was sure he'd done the best he could without taking up too much time he sank into his stance.

"Anytime you're ready. I assume the regular training rules apply, and if we do spar I just want to make sure there are no hard feelings..."

Zahn smirked at his friend. The expression was determined and a little cocky, but Zahn never could resist a challenge and training with Kade was sure to be challenging. Hopefully both would be pushed to their limits... and surpass them.

"I'm going to make sure I don't fall behind you though!"

The Jinx mage waited for his friend to ready himself so the two could begin their training together. Zahn vowed to become a stronger person by the time this ordeal was over, and his demeanor clearly showed he meant to do as best as he could with all his heart and soul.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down