FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Dress Up!

2 posters

Go down

Let's Play Dress Up! Empty Let's Play Dress Up!

Post by Haruto Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:44 pm

As he stood outside of the Magnolia Theater, only one question managed to run through his mind. Why was he forced into doing this? Well, he wasn't exactly forced, but it felt like he had no say in the issue...although he probably would have said "Yes" either way. He could remember how everything played out. How could he not? It was only a few minutes ago, after all.

The boy had simply been taking a small walk in Magnolia, but it was during that walk he had bumped into the man dressed in black...named Fred. The guy had asked if he'd seen any Fairy Tail members near by. Such a question sparked an interest in Haruto, so he replied that he hadn't, but asked Fred if everything was alright. He felt as if he shouldn't have asked that question. Fred immediately went into introductions and asked if Haru wanted to help. Did the younger male get to respond? Nope, the guy kept talking in short and quick sentences, wasting no time in getting to the point. Costumes were missing. Someone needed to find them, he decided that someone would be Haru apparently. After he found them he was to return the costumes. Oh, and he wasn't supposed to disturb the rehearsal on stage.

Haruto sighed deeply and let his eyes drift towards the sky. He wasn't the best at...searching for stuff. Especially other creatures, since he definitely couldn't find any leads on Jargon's location. Well, that could possibly be a lie. He did find missing children at a festival...But, when he searched for those children a purple light was at least there to direct him. He was pretty sure there would be no purple light here. Then again, he wasn't searching for living organisms either, as "terrible" as he was at it.
"...I don't need help do I?" Haru mused out loud, "Maybe someone familiar with the theater? Or theaters in general...Or...hmm..." As he voiced his thoughts, the boy proceeded to walk around in a small circle. It made him seem strange to other people, very strange indeed, and most of them didn't hide their stares.

362/500
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Experience : 68
Primary Magic : Wind Dragon Slayer Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Dress Up! Empty Re: Let's Play Dress Up!

Post by Ava Brooks Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Magnolia. Well, it looked approximately the same as ever. Fairy Tail had taken damage, and Ava had come to visit. Fairy Tail was not her guild, but she did have one friend there. The ever enthusiastic, emotional, excitable, and immature Kensie. Well, at least she wasn’t a bad person. Ava had gone to town early because she was asked to help with a job. It had been handled. It wasn’t what she would consider an enjoyable day, but she had done it. Next she had checked in on Rolland. He had plans to take her to a play. Ava resisted actively beaming, but they both knew she was pleased with the idea. Culture and all the finer parts of life had been her focus as a child. Her parents would have it no other way. Even now that she had gone out on her own and joined Lamia Scale, to get away from Magnolia, she still appreciated class and culture.

Rolland insisted that he would get the tickets on his day off, but Ava talked him out of it. If they did that, she would have to wait until another day off to watch the play. Besides, she was a grown woman now, at sixteen, and she could handle going to a theatre and buying the tickets herself. She had more than enough money, and she would take care of it. She had no concerns carrying around her jewels. No one was going to mug her. Even if they did, she had her keys tucked inside her dress, and they would protect her. Especially Virgo. That was Ava’s newest key, and most of the time she let her excitable pink haired friend walk around town with her. Today Ava let the girl rest. Ava was being responsible all on her own.

She pulled her blond hair back behind a lace hair band and dressed in the usual fancy dress, today in a black color, with white petticoat underneath. As well dressed as ever. She headed to the theatre to see about their showings but she met with a flustered Fred. She had seen him before, but never really spoken to him. Her parents didn’t often speak to “the help” as they would have called him. He said that the show would not happen if the costumes could not be located. The odd thing was that someone was already looking for them, but from how Fred talked, he was getting impatient. “Would you… perhaps like me to help him?

Well… that settled it. Ava went about looking for this boy. Whoever he was. She noticed someone looking… entirely too out of place, and walked over. “Good day. Are you by any chance the person hired by Fred to relocate the theatre’s costumes?” she asked him calmly. She didn’t want to jump to the conclusion. He could alternatively be a janitor or something.

481/500
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 139
Primary Magic : Celestial Spirit Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:47 pm

He walked while thinking, he thought while walking, he was thalking...but, is that a word? Well, it is now. As he was thalking, Haru almost completely missed the girl that approached him. If it wasn't for the fact that he stopped for a small second he would've ignored her completely. Upon hearing her speak to him, he was extremely glad that he didn't. Although it wasn't right to assume he couldn't help but wonder if this girl was sent to assist him.
"Yeah, I'm that guy," he spoke while scratching the back of his head, "Are you, by any chance, here to...help me?" There was a small pleading look in his eyes, almost as if he was begging that the answer would be "yes." Actually, he really was begging, it was just on the inside. Suddenly, a small look of realization crossed his features.

He had almost forgotten to introduce himself. That would have been a rude thing for him to do.
"Oh, and my name is Haruto. Haruto Fukuimoto." he said with a small grin, showing off his small fangs and the rest of his blindingly white teeth. As he waited for a response, Haru took a moment to look over the girl that was in front of him. She was dressed in a formal manner, in his opinion, and looked like she was going to an important event. Perhaps this girl was the person he needed, someone familiar with the theater! He was pretty sure most "fancy" individuals watched plenty of plays and would know at least some of the ropes.

The boy's grin widened slightly at the thought. This tiny predicament might not turn out to be so bad after all.

648/500
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Ava carried herself with dignity and poise. This often came across as stuffy and judgmental, but she had learned to mostly tune that out. Yes, she could be critical, but what good would it do to care what other people thought of her? The people who did not know her, did not understand her, and most likely were not interested in her kind of upbringing. She did not need their criticism. She knew who she was, and she knew she was not some spoiled child any longer. Still, she couldn’t help but seem off put at times. She resisted showing this when she met the boy she was meant to help.

He asked if she was meant to help him, scratching at his head. He could use some lessons in etiquette. She ignored it. It was clear he wanted her to say she was here to help him. “Yes, I am here to help you. I am perhaps better acquainted with the theatre than you,” she offered. She hoped it would not sound like he was incompetent. She was simply help, not his termination.

He introduced himself and… flashed some fangs? She looked at him, clearly confused by this. “Are… is there something strange about your teeth?” she asked. Yeah… not the best introduction. She sighed, curtsied, and added, “I apologize. My name is Ava Brooks. Very nice to meet you.” She supposed she would ask where he had searched around in a moment. She wanted to make sure they were properly introduced before rushing into anything else. Especially after asking about his teeth. Though really… they were sharp looking.

751/500
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Wow. She actually did a curtsy. In his world, that didn't appear too often. Should he...bow or something? Actually, it would probably be best to not go with that. The first and only time he ever bowed was to copy Atrum, and even that looked a bit silly. So, he only nodded curtly at the action...hopefully that was alright.
"It's nice to meet you too, Ava." Haru said while raising a single brow, "But, what's wrong with my teeth?" He blinked a few times before placing a single finger on his teeth, one by one. Nothing seemed to be strange or out of order...is what he would like to think. The boy immediately paused once he reached one of his fangs as the feeling of realization hit him...for the second time in one day. People didn't normally have super sharp fangs. Of course she was going to be put off upon seeing his own! He released a small laugh at his obliviousness.
"Oh...now I get your question. Let's just say it has something to do with the magic I use." he answered. To be truthful, he didn't mind letting people know he was a dragon slayer. That didn't mean he would answer outright though. They'd have to put in a bit of effort to get a straight-to-the-point response.

Haruto was quick to take on a slightly more serious expression as he gazed at the girl. It was about time they began the search, it might take a while after all.
"Okay!" he said before straightening out his back, "Since I'm pretty sure I've never been in a theater before, where would be the first place to look?" From his way of looking at the situation, if the costumes were missing that meant they weren't in their normal place, which he guessed would be called the dressing room. Due to the dressing room and the stage being the only areas he heard of related to a theater...it would be best to just let Ava lead while he used his senses. Yeah. That would be the perfect plan.

1000/500
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm

A curtsy was nothing uncommon for Ava. It would be much more strange were she to omit the formality. Bowing would have seemed a strange thing to some; however to her it would have simply been the norm. She knew it was unusual for most people, and so she would have picked up on that from this Haruto. However she got the impression he was well meaning. That went a long way. She knew by now that not everyone saw things how she did.

He nodded to her curtsy, and she would have smiled, were she not still slightly mortified by her question about his teeth. It was truly a foolish thing to ask. It was not her place to be asking people such personal questions. She was her helping him on a job, and they had just met. How could she have? Well, fortunately he did not seem to notice. He eventually realized he had fangs, and said it was because of his magic. Well… wasn’t that strange? “Your magic is… dentally relevant?” she asked him quietly. Oh well, she should probably not dwell on this, lest she lapse into another rude inquiry.

Now they were going to get on topic. “Never been to a theatre?” she asked, clearly surprised. Just… ever? “That is truly a shame, Haruto. The theatre is a lovely example of class and culture. It is also wholesome and enriching entertainment. After this, you would do well to explore theatre as a more recreational use of your time. At least, that is my recommendation.

Right…. Okay so NOW that should actually be focused. The first place to look. “Well, I suggest we look around the actual dressing rooms. From there we can see the paths someone who took them might have gone. We can spread out with that as our starting point. I believe I can find the dressing room.” She headed there with him. Once they found the dressing room she stood outside the door, looking down the hall. The theatre was a large place, and would certainly take a while to fully explore.

1100/500
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:00 pm

He could hear large terms being thrown at him from left and right. Enriching...recreational...although Haruto didn't have any below-average intelligence, he still wasn't familiar with such words. Perhaps he would need to carry a dictionary around if more situations like this were going to pop up. So, the boy only stared blankly at Ava until she stated where their first destination should be. Apparently, it was going to be the dressing room. After Haru gave a nod of comprehension, he went into the theatre with Ava, staying only a few steps behind her. Not much time had passed by once they finally made it to the dressing room's door. Along the way, the boy tried to use his hearing as much as possible, but the only thing he was able to pick up was the rehearsal. Luckily they managed to stray away from it.

"Alrighty," he started out, while pointing down the hallway, "If we head down there, it seems like there are going to be two turns. One to the right and another one to the left. I would normally suggest splitting up in a case like this, but due to my limited knowledge-" He cut himself off upon certain sound hitting his ears. It was faint, but was still there. Haru stayed silent for a few moments in hope of hearing the strange noise clearly. He would describe it as someone...shuffling something? The youth wasn't even sure. He moved closer to the dressing room door and pressed his ear against it. Nope, the sound wasn't coming from there. That had to mean it was somewhere else...

"Uh, Ava, do you hear that or is it just me?" he questioned. There was a possibility he was just hearing things, but what he caught made him suspicious.

1300/500
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Ava did not feel that she was very difficult to follow. She said some basic things about the wonders of theatre. Perhaps if he was so out of touch with theatre it made sense that he would be out of touch with the description. He looked so confused. Being uneducated did not necessarily make someone unintelligent, it simply took away their tools of communication. She was a very smart young woman, so much so that she managed to handle herself despite being highly physically unimposing. She had a much better education than her best friend, and yet she still considered him at least as intelligent as she was. She paused as Haruto looked confused. At least he complied…

They ventured to the dressing room and he began describing a fork in the path up ahead. Before he finished, he cut himself off. He started listening, moving to the dressing room door and pressing his ear to it. Ava waited, unsure what to do or what he was hearing. He asked if she heard it, “No, I did not… however if you think you hear something, we should investigate further.” She didn’t know he had acute dragon slayer hearing, or that that was even a thing those people had. She simply knew in a search like this, they should not ignore any of their senses.

1324/500
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:13 pm

He lightly hummed in thought after Ava's response. So, he was the only one hearing the odd noise. That meant it was up to him to locate where the sound was originating from. Haru set his sights down the hall before narrowing his eyes. It was most likely coming from down there, he was almost 100% sure...
"Investigate further...right. I guess you should follow me then? I'll try to guide us as best as I can." he said while flashing her one of his usual smiles. Then, he returned his attention to the task at hand. This would be one of the few moments he fully utilized his senses. It was time to see just what he was capable of. The boy slowly made his way forward, assuming Ava was right behind him, and took note of every little sound that traveled to his ears.

The closer he got to the fork, the louder the commotion became. Haruto paused once he arrived at the two turns, looking from the right, to left, to the right, and back to the left.
"I hear it coming from this way." he stated, confirming that it was indeed to the left, before going down that same path. As he walked, the youth couldn't help but wonder. Just how thoroughly did the crew members look? In his mind, it didn't make much sense for someone to misplace costumes so badly that they just couldn't be found. It was possible they were instead...taken. However, he shouldn't jump to conclusions. With furrowed eyebrows, Haru came to a stop, now being close enough to the noise for anyone to hear it.

"You know, it's likely the costumes could have been stolen." Haru spoke before turning to look at Ava, "...At least, that's what I think." Though, he had no clue as to why someone would take a bunch of clothes...then again, he didn't have the mindset of some random thief.

1625/500
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Haruto, however plebian in his faculties, seemed like a good sort. That was good for working together on this task. She was more knowledgeable about the theatre and the finer things in life, but he was certainly practical. He heard something, and they needed to go check it out. He suggested she follow and she nodded. He didn’t really need to be much of a guide, she could simply walk behind him. However she wouldn’t argue with his comment.

The pair slowly crept down the hall. Haruto being very aware of his surroundings, and Ava simply walking. She couldn’t hear anything. Whatever acute senses he had, she would trust them for now. Eventually they reached the end of their walk. She could finally hear what he had mentioned. What is that? Someone shuffling around?

Haruto mentioned the possibly that the costumes had been stolen and she frowned. “Well yes… that is certainly a possibility. It would be a shame. Someone wishing to take the costumes selfishly, although it would ruin the performance… I can’t abide anyone willing to do that,” she said with a small shake of her head. “Shall we check inside?” She was keeping her voice low because of how close they were. “If someone has stolen them they are probably not doing to want us to interfere. So… we should be prepared for that.

1551/500
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Haruto nodded again once Ava finished speaking, an action he found himself doing often. He happened to notice the softer tone she was using, and realized it was probably not to alarm the one causing the ruckus. It'd be best if he did the same.
"You know, even though I brought it up, I really don't want it to be true," he said in a tone just above a whisper, "But nevermind that...I guess what happens, happens." He then turned to face the origin of the noise, a door that somewhat blended in with the color of the walls. If one wasn't paying attention, they would easily miss the door, making the room behind it the perfect place for...say, "secret business."

Haru walked up to the door and slowly placed his palm over the knob, carefully twisting it before pushing the door open. Inside the room was definitely darker than the hallway, but there was luckily enough light to see properly. The sound he'd been hearing was much more prominent, and once Haruto took a few steps forward (while trying to be as silent as possible), he could make out a figure almost completely hidden behind several brown boxes. It seemed like they were shoving something into one of the boxes before closing it and moving it to the side. So that must have been where the shuffling came from...

The youth moved forward again, however, he accidentally created a loud creak this time. Oops. The figure's head immediately rose in alarm.
"Who's there?"
Haruto
Haruto
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:57 pm

It was fair for Haruto to hope that he was incorrect. It would mean conflict if he was correct. Someone stealing was going to get in trouble, and probably not want to give them back what was stolen. Ava didn’t know how they should handle this possible situation. If it turned out to be true and it came to pass, yes, they would have to handle that. Until then, it was hard to address an option with so many variables.

They walked up to a strangely hidden door. While Haruto was able to see in this room, Ava was struggling. She wanted to summon some sort of magic that would help her see, but she didn’t know that any of her keys would help with this. Besides, stealth was best now. They didn’t know what might be waiting.

Who’s there?

Ava stiffened when they were noticed. Uh. So. What now? They couldn’t exactly sneak around if they’d already been spotted. Maybe this was good. Making themselves known. For all they knew it was just someone who worked here. Freaking them out would be bad. However Ava assumed it was likely something worse. She cleared her throat slightly to begin her statement. “Good afternoon. My name is Ava… and who are you?” Yeah, nothing too helpful, but hey, it was a start.
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down