FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tension project

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tension project Empty Tension project

Post by Atrum Furea Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:41 am

Atrum pulled his hat over his eyes as he made his way throughout the town, he had finally gotten comfortable enough with the place to be able to tell where he going most of the time and felt like relaxing. How long had it been since he had just walked around? He couldn't remember the last time he had just gone out to enjoy himself, there was always something to do. A job to complete, someone to fight, or to defend. This town was normally peaceful, well as peaceful as anyplace containing the guild Fairy tail could be. He didn't have to do much unless he was working which was nice, but he still felt like he could be doing something else. While walking slowly and rather content with himself looking down on the people he towered over feeling a bit out of place among the average sized people of this continent. He sighed tipping his hat back up to look ahead of him, did he get bored taking a walk?

"I suppose if you enjoy enough of something, the joy derived from it will eventually peter out." He groaned placing a large hand on his face. "I guess the answer is simple, if I'm bored I should find something to do." He stated with confidence, it shouldn't be hard to find something to do here. The difficult part would be finding something that entertained him, he wasn't exactly picky when it came to this sort of thing but well he wasn't exactly a begar either now was he? He found himself wondering if anything new had arrived in town he had heard a few rumors he had thought baseless and ignored them as his common sense dictated but still. "There is no tale that doesn't have some ring of truth to it." He muttered under his breath. He cracked his knuckles bored with standing there talking to himself. 'Might as well see if he could prod a reaction out of the next person I see then' He thought turning off the main street and into an alley. There should be something exciting just around the corner.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 219
Primary Magic : War Flame Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Tension project Empty Re: Tension project

Post by Kotone Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:56 am

Kotone Hoshino let out a frustrated sigh as she leaned against a wall in the alleyway. She couldn't believe she'd almost been caught twice in this town by the Magic Council goons who'd recognized her once she'd left the Fairy Tail guild hall. They were simple lackies and idiots for trying, but it didn't stop her from giving one of them a thrashing before disappearing into the town. She still had business here so she couldn't leave. Much as she wanted to. Sometimes she hated being on first name terms with Fairy Tail's guild master. It meant he got to ask her to do things when she stopped by the guild hall. Even if the reason she'd been there was just to stay out of sight for a little bit and try not to get into a second fight with that idiot metal user who also belonged to Fairy Tail.

The young dragon slayer heard someone entering the alleyway shortly before she could smell him. He didn't have the same scent as the magic council goons from earlier, so she didn't assume immediately she was in for a fight. Still, Kotone knew herself well enough that didn't mean she wouldn't be in one within the next ten minutes. She was good with people like that. Fortunately she'd already vented most of her frustration, so she wasn't looking to punch anyone.

She didn't move from her spot near an intersection in the alleyway, instead maintaining her cool, aloof demeanor she tended to default to as long as someone didn't piss her off. Without looking up she greeted him. "Fancy taking a stroll through a secluded alleyway? I hear that can be dangerous, even in Magnolia." She was hoping to startle him a bit, though unless he knew the face of the famous seventeen year old dragon slayer (most people didn't), she was more likely to be treated like a teenager hanging out where she shouldn't. Right now she didn't care so much. it was probably fortunate for him. At least as far as she was concerned.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Experience : 552
Primary Magic : Ice Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Gale Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:55 am

Atrum blinked as what looked like a young girl almost two solid feet smaller than him caught his attention.  Well he did ask for entertainment, ask and ye shall receive and what not.  He didn't recognize the young woman from the town, but that mattered little.  He reached up to his hat and took it off giving the girl a soft smile and a short bow keeping his head up to look at her.  No need to present such an opening he wasn't trying to tease her...yet.  Some part of him was bored enough to break his normal pattern of at least knowing a person before teasing them, that wouldn't do at all he needed to be polite after all.  He straightened up and plopped his hat back over his head adjusting it meticulously before preparing to address the young woman before him.  He had taken in her appearance before deciding what he would say,  Her attitude reminded him of someone how wanted respect yet was burned in the past.  He liked to think he was good at reading people, he couldn't remember being wrong before.

"Dangerous?  Perhaps.  I like to think that I can handle myself if things go south."  He responded with a bit of mirth in his voice, he enjoyed the thrill that fighting gave him despite his normally calm demeanor. "I was actually hoping I would bump into someone today.  The weathers quiet nice if you ask me, this day is only missing a bit of excitement to be perfect."  He said raising his head to the sky and putting a hand o his hat to keep it in place.  "Though it would be rude of me to ask anything of someone I just met without first introducing myself, so..."  He lowered his head towards the young woman and smiled extending a hand.  "Greetings, My name Is Atrum Furea, and it is a pleasure to meet you."  He said pleasantly at her.  "I hope we can get along well enough with each other."  He added, some part of him was hoping for a fight.  At the end of the day some part of him will always wish for violence.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 am

Kotone's demeanor didn't change at all as the man introduced himself as Atrum Furea. He seemed to want something from her, though from his wording she couldn't tell if the 'someone' he wanted to bump into was anyone who he could talk to or a specific person. In truth though, she didn't much care. Kotone didn't extend a hand in return as she looked up slightly, maintining her cool aloofness that generaly only held out as long as her temper did. Though if her temper were a firecracker, it would have a fuse of a length just right to explode in the face of the one who ignited it.

"Kotone. Kotone Hoshino. Better known as the Spell Breaker." She felt like throwing a bit of the weight her title brought with it around. She was in a cocky mood. Dealing with idiots like the Magic Council did that to a person. And she was already possibly the cockiest woman in Magnolia. She didn't look the part of her namesake but by now she was aware of it and half expected Atrum to not believe her.

Her nickname came from the number of older and supposedly more experienced mages she'd stopped back a few years ago, despite being a young teenager back then. It was funny though, because strong as she'd been then she was stronger now, and she was noticing that a lot of Fiore's wizards had started becoming stronger as well. As the thought crossed her mind she finally smirked a cocky smirk. It just meant a bigger challenge. She liked a challenge.

Finally, after she revealed her name, she stood up straighter again rather than leaning on the wall, Her arms uncrossed as her hands were inserted into the pockets of her long black jacket. The smirk didn't leave her face as she spoke again. "And I'm sure we'll get along as well as can be expected. Depending on if you're helping the idiots who are hunting guildless mages."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Atrum made a disappointed sigh when she didn't take his hand, you could tell a lot about a person from the way they shook.  Still it was only a minor disappointment, nothing major at all when you thought about it.  He placed the neglected hand on his hat and gave the young woman his standard soft smile.  He figured he'd meet someone who's manners were less than desirable in the alley, the price of entertainment he supposed.  He had more patience than most when it came with dealing with people anyways, a lack of manned when it came to someone he just met  was a minor issue in the long run.

"Kotone Hoshino, Spell Breaker."  He mused aloud, the name wasn't exactly unfamiliar to him.  Even Atrum had heard of the Dragon Slayer's exploits, color him unimpressed.  He did not doubt her magical ability, he instead doubted the rumors and stories he heard.  In his experience things got warped after a few re-tellings and stories were only impressive as stories.  Atrum personally need more proof than the word of others, and while normally he'd sigh that the word of others was all he had.  If he was to believe the young woman he had the genuine article right here.  "I don't recall accepting such a pointless job as that, I doubt the guild would allow a job like that to be posted on the board anyways." He replied chuckling at the thought.

"I live by a simply enough rule when it comes to issues like these; People are free to do what they will until others are put into harms way." He tilted his hat so a shadow fell over his eyes obscuring the almost crazed look in his eyes.  "Though once that threshold is crossed, there's no going back." He didn't often go looking for fights, however he couldn't deny the sheer joy he got from them.  His eyes softened and he tilted his hat back up.  "I'll be honest, I've never seen the Spell Breaker before and I have no clue if you are who you say or not."  He spoke simply, a chipper note in his voice.  "However if you are, then those chasing you are indeed Idiots."
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:57 pm

"The rumors are pretty wild. Not many people believe me," Kotone shrugged. "Some of them I deck for it. Buuut right now I'd rather not attract the attention. I still have business here after all." She stepped a step closer to Atrum, her grin lessening from it's cocky smirk to more of a normal smirk.

The dragon slayer pulled her hands out of her pockets to adjust her ponytail. "Atrum, huh? You're a wizard. Fairy Tail? You could say I know several wizards from there." She hadn't missed the glint in his eyes, and could tell fighting excited him. "You have a good philosophy though, I'll admit." A similar glint entered her eyes. "I enjoy a good brawl myself when I don't have to worry about getting more Paladins after me."

She was intrigued by Atrum. His demeanor was cool, his attitude unassuming. She found herself fine with talking to him. There were only a couple of people like that, Roejaster Rallands, Fairy Tail's Requip wizard was one of them. It seemed Fairy Tail had a way of attracting people she could stand more than others. There were a few that were far less tolerable there too though. "So, what actually brings you to this little corner of Magnolia then? Do you normally find excitement in back alleys?"
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:52 am

"I can respect that, rumors tend to be incredibly unflattering." Atrum responded nodding at Kotone a grin spreading across his face, as he felt the presence of a kindred spirit. Yes, today was going to be a great day, no doubt about it. "If you're a friend of Fairy Tail, then I will fight for you as if you were one of us." He grinned removing his hat and placing it on his chest as a gesture of sincerity. He did mean it of course, an ally to his guild, his family was as good as family. If she was an an ally then he would assist her as he could. It was only polite after all.

He blinked when she asked him what he wanted, the grin turning back into his signature smile. "To be perfectly honest, I was feeling a bit restless and took a chance with the dice. I did not know who or what I might run into by coming down this alleyway." He said returning his hat back to his head. "I just went down it and trusted I was capable enough to deal with whatever came my way. As it stands I think I got the grand prize." He chuckled openly. "It's not everyday I meet someone like yourself, I'd say even if nothing happens after this today was a good day for me."
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 am

In all honestly Atrum was doing a pretty nice job of stroking Kotone's ego. And had she been someone who felt she was capable of friendships she might have bothered to drop her guard more. "I'd do the same for Fairy Tail or anyone else who didn't deserve a good kick to the teeth," she agreed with a small nod, returning her arms to a crossed posture.

"I think you're misjudging your hand if you think luck found you the perfect person," Kotone shrugged again. "I'm not a people person. You've just caught me in a generous mood." Kotone shrugged again and went to look around the corner. Judging by the excitement the guards had yet to stop looking for her. She might have to make her escape soon if she wanted to avoid having even more trouble brought down on herself before she was even finished with her errand.

"So what it is about me that makes you feel so lucky, hmm? I know a good many people who'd rather have not met me, believe it or not." Kotone knew people didn't appreciate when she caused trouble, and hey, she'd even caused trouble in Magnolia recently with her unfinished brawl with Hannah. Apparently people had been rather concerned with that. She'd had the guards called on her, after all. "A person or two from your guild included. Heh."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:18 am

Atrum's laughed aloud, it was subdued and quieted but there was no denying that he was indeed laughing. He knew Fairy tail had some interesting people in it but he hadn't seen many outside the guild. Yet here was one such person standing before him, proving once again the traits he had come to love in Fiore. His laughter slowed to a stop and he recomposed himself before deciding to answer her question.

"I said it earlier. a little bit of excitement and today would be perfect." He chuckled stretching his neck out, eliciting a small pop from it. "Ahh, Now I'm just taking a guess here but, it would seem excitement has been following you around for quite a bit now." He gave a short glance to the commotion outside the alleyway, if he had to guess she had been caught up in something recently. Which would explain why a magic user like herself was hanging out in a random alleyway.

"So you're 'Not a people person', and you've managed to get on the bad side of a few of my guild mates?" He asked the question but it was clear he wasn't looking for an answer. "Honestly, I could have run into anyone by going down that alley, someone with strength or wit to keep me entertained, or someone who was lost or anyone really. But the person I ran into was you, which as far as I can tell; are a perfect storm of strength and attitude." He smacked his hands together as he talked. "Honestly, I can't see how this could be better. It could be worse you could've just left instead of humoring me."
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:43 am

Kotone shrugged at Atrum's accusation of excitement following her around. In truth, she was usually one that started the commotion. She could dish out all the insults she wanted but she wasn't so good at taking them in stride, herself. "The life of a dragon slayer is rarely boring," she decided aloud.

"I did consider just leaving. But you don't smell like them so I decided to stick around. It's easier than finding a new hiding place. Not that I want to hide, mind you, but I'm no idiot. It'd be easier to finish my job if I didn't attract the entire town's attention first."

For the first time, something seemed to dawn on her as she finished her sentence, a slight glint of interest shown in her eyes as she looked up at Atrum properly for the first time, rather than with her purposeful disinterest. "Perfect storm of strength and attitude, huh? What's with all the flattery? You have something in mind, Fancy Pants?" Kotone had a habit of not calling people by their proper names. Too personal. She didn't like personal in either direction, though she was interested in finding out what Atrum wanted with all of his compliments.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:34 am

"My first instinct is to ask you for a 'sparing match' but in the current situation that seems a like a pretentious request.  You're being harassed by the guards and don't want to attract much attention.  I however really want a bit of excitement today." Atrum said, smacking his left fist into his hand a few times as he spoke.  "So I figure we could come to a sort of understanding, I mean i wouldn't want to get you in more trouble just to have a single match."  His smiled turned back into the wide grin of earlier, he was eager to get going and to do something but he wasn't a pushy person and kotone's current issue took a slightly priority over his own boredom.  He highly doubt she would just blow him off, he stood by the thought that if she was going to simply refuse him she would have already done it.

"That said, it is not as if I'm trying to flatter you.  I speak the truth as I see it, though I will admit the way I speak is rather odd.  I don't believe I have exaggerated to you yet.  Yet your mileage may vary."  He crossed his arms and gave a small nod as if he were agreeing to what he had just said.  "I did not and do not intend to insult your intelligence with shallow flattery.  That said however I just might have something in mind, but I prefer more spontaneous action than well thought out plans." He said rubbing his chin in thought, there was a simple fix he was sure.  They only really had two problems as he saw it; The guards looking for her, and the attention any fun they might get into drawing on them leading back to the first problem.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm

"So you have plans but don't want to tell me?" Kotone rolled her eyes, not sure she believed the tall man. Though she did believe he probably preferred spontaneous action to planned action. This suited Kotone just fine. After all, she wasn't prone to making complicated plans, herself, when it came to... well... most things. She relied on her instincts in battle, and was a bit too hot-headed for a carefully-laid plan to work out anyway. Fortunately, she had the skills and instincts to back it up.

"You want some spontaneous action? Alright, you've got it. I can't stand all this sneaking around anyway." Kotone's grin returned to its former cockiness, a glint showing in her eyes. "I may have just the thing." Kotone wasn't one for complicated plans, but she was forming the beginning of a relatively simple one. Part of her wanted to keep humoring the man, but as the footsteps continued she knew her hiding place would be discovered reasonably soon.

"As it turns out I may not have the time to do what I'm supposed to do on my own. Not with these bozos constantly looking for innocent people to punish." Not that she considered herself innocent. "I'm looking for a guildless wizard that was apparently rounded up. Taiga himself asked me to do something about it because he can't officially ask Fairy Tail members to go against the Council." Kotone turned around again as she heard more footsteps. They were slowly getting closer.

"I don't have the kid's scent, so I'm having trouble figuring out where they're taking the guildless wizards. Whomever is in charge seems to not be placing them in Magnolia's jail cells for some reason. I've thought about letting them capture me, but the problem with that is their anti-magic cuffs they throw on. I'm great but even I can't use magic with those on. If someone were to follow them as they took me to the place they're holding him... they could help bust us both out." She explained as quickly as possible. The footsteps weren't coming towards them but it fighting erupted they wouldn't have a ton of time. Fortunately, fighting was exactly what Kotone needed right now.

The bad news was, Kotone needed to trust someone else. That was something that made her more hesitant than she seemed to ask. But she also knew Fairy Tail wizards had an incredible loyalty to their fellow guildies from personal experience. Informing him that his own guild master had charged her with a task meant there was a good chance he would help, even if he didn't give a crap about her. "Care to help capture a guildless ice wizard?"
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm

"So that's the situation." Atrum said looking at her, he tilted his hat down over his eyes and gave her a pleased grin.  "Geh heh, well then, what are we waiting for?" Atrum asked, Well the circumstances behind their situation didn't put her in a bad light if they did he wasn't sure what he'd do.  Probably fight regardless, he didn't need a reason to fight someone strong.  Doing a good deed?  Assisting his guild?  Just the icing on the cake, if things like that happened because of his 'hobby' then all the better.  He couldn't wait for the fun to start, this kind of fun didn't come your way often and it would be such a shame to let it pass by.  

The Fact that Kotone was an Ice wizard was interesting to him, his War flame magic had an elemental advantage but you don't get the rumors he had heard by being your average ice mage.  A dragon slayer of Ice would definitely be more powerful than a simple ice mage.  His elemental advantage might not be worth all that much.  He hoped it was true he wanted this to be fun, and he also had the soon to be audience to think of as well.  Well no more time to waste, this fight wasn't going to start itself!  He picked Kotone up above his head finding her to be rather light all things considered.  

"Well let us make a show of it!"  He laughed, throwing he out of their hiding spot.  If She was half as good as his instincts told him she'd easily be able to land without harm.  He was sure he didn't have to worry about her, which benefited him as well.  If he didn't have to worry about harming her he could do as he pleased.  Atrum acted almost immediately after kotone left his hands, rushing after the Ice wizard he had just thrown slowing down as soon as he entered the open.  She would probably be ticked at him for just throwing her like that, that would be fine it might be entertaining to see her ticked at him.  Right now he had to focus on the fight that he and kotone had started, he could deal with what came after as it came.   "Right then, let's try this one more time.  Would you please turn yourself in?"  He asked, feigning an annoyed temperament. "We wouldn't want you going around causing more disturbances would we?" he waved a hand about acting disinterested.  "Though I have no problem fighting you if you insist on causing trouble."  He chuckled  smacking his hands together.  "What do you say Miss? The easy way or the fun way?"
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:43 am

Kotone hadn't quite expected the man to attack so suddenly. In fact, she had intended to attack him on a yes instead. Fortunately for him though, he was right about the young dragon slayer. She flipped in the air, landing gracefully and standing up as he taunted her. The dragon slayer was slightly miffed at the man despite knowing it was part of the plan. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not just going to give up because you get a lucky shot."

As she straightened up and re-entered a battle stance, she grinned a grin that revealed her fangs. "The fun way it is!" Kotone charged Atrum in turn, throwing a roundhouse kick at the taller man, trying to catch him in the side. Hit or not, she would jump back and summon her sword. She could tell the man was strong, but true to the dragon slayer's personality, she was confident that she was better despite her plan. The fight had to last until they were spotted, and she couldn't make it look like she planned to lose. If she did it right, he would feel like she wanted to win as well.

"Alright Fancy Pants. I'm not holding back! No way you or the Council are getting their hands on me."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:43 am

"I love it when they choose the fun way!" Atrum grinned his razor shark-like teeth on full display, he was pretty happy with the show's opening scene. He growled dropping into a battle stance as she attacked, round houses were powerful and flashy kicks the problem with them was that they were telegraphed about as much as one could telegraph an attack. Like keeping a large neon sign behind you that said 'Watch out I'm gonna kick you!' He'd make use of the information given to him, he thought as he opened his side to allow the kick to connect. He winced and immediately closed his arm down on the leg pinning it to him, he gave her a grin and drew his free hand back. He needed to conserve his Magic power for later in the fight. Punching however didn't take anything.

"Looks Like I got my hands on you." He growled throwing his punch aiming for her stomach, he could tell she hit slightly harder than him from her fist kick, the benefits of being a dragon slayer? It didn't matter, he was tough enough that most people's physical attacks felt like flea bites. This would definitely be fun, he couldn't wait to see what she could really do. Though right now unless she could force him to let go of her he highly doubted that she wasn't getting hit.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:01 am

Kotone had planned to summon her sword, but when Atrum clamped down on her leg her plans got a bit derailed. He threw a punch at her, which she knew would hurt if he connected. She was strong but not as resilient as some other fighters. She couldn't avoid the punch, however, and simply attempted to catch his punch as best she could. She made an "Oomph" noise as his punch connected, but she had grabbed onto his arm with both hands.

Her grin never lessened. "That all you got?" she taunted as the glint in her eye turned more sinister-looking. As she stood she was off-balance, but they were both holding each other in a position where dodging would be near-impossible. With a sharp inhale, Kotone released a blast of cold energy. "Ice Dragon Roar!" she bellowed, hopefully catching Atrum in the face and tearing away from his grasp at the same time. He was definitely better than she was used to dealing with. Fairy Tail seemed to have some of the strongest guild wizards around. "Man, I bet you'd give Wild Arms a run for his money." she panted. She was already slightly worn out from having to tangle with the Magic Council before meeting him, and wished she were at her full strength. Too bad. At least she didn't have to win the fight to get the desired effect.

MP 135/200 (lower due to previous fights):
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 am

Atrum's eyes widened as the Spell breaker roared at him, it was cold it reminded him of his homeland. He grimaced from the force of the attack, but his smile didn't leave his face.  He could feel the effects of the ice spell slowing him down, cold spells, they were definitely annoying but he was sure he could hold on to her even through this sort of attack.  Unfortunately the chilling roar kept him from moving as fast as he normally did, in fact it was pure stubbornness that kept his arm clamped down on her leg.  He was cold but excited.

"I take pride in my combat ability."  He panted back as weak but present flames covered his body.  Heating up the area around him, this was so much fun.  "I appreciate your compliment."  He growled tightening his grip on her leg.  Atrum was a stubborn person, in a fight he refused to back down and refused to retreat.  Now covered in flames extending a full meter around him.  There was only a single thought in his head.  'Can you get away from me like this?'  In truth he wasn't sure how long he could hold on to her another attack like her roar could definitely do it, he was sure he couldn't hold her down for much longer.  He was right about her earlier.  She is strong... though, was it his imagination or was she a bit more tired than she should be?  did she get into a fight before this?  It was possible.  Their fight was getting loud they should draw more attention soon.

MP:190/200:
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, that plan had failed. Was she too tired to pull away like she should have? He was quite tough, but she could tell she was ever so slightly stronger. Too bad she'd used so much magic making fools of her pursuers earlier. As his flame aura activated, she could feel the heat wash over her. She was sure she'd have a few burns to nurse after this, but the dragon slayer was used to pain and didn't let it affect her judgement.

"Alright, that's it! Wings of the Ice Dragon!"
Kotone clapped her arms together, forming a pair of dragon-like wings of ice that slammed directly into Atrum at this distance - entirely due to the fact that he had her locked in a way that prevented the two of them from moving. Even with the heat they'd make contact before they fully melted. They hit with enough force to knock him back and she tried again, successfully this time. She was lucky she wore such tall and sturdy boots, or she'd have been in much worse shape where he was clamping down on her.

"Alright!" she panted again, ignoring the stinging pain from the tongues of flame that had scorched her before she escaped. "You aren't going to beat me that easily!" she shouted, entirely for theatrics. Kotone was more serious and focused during combat when she wasn't trying to draw more attention. She waited for Atrum to make a move as she backed up slightly.

MP 115/200:

Last edited by Kotone on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Atrum was beaten back by the surprising force of the attack his aura of flame petering out as he lost his grip on the spell as well as his opponent.  In truth the attack wasn't actually hat powerful, but it did knock him off his feet and the dragons wings actually showing up were surprising.  Being battered like this when was the last time anyone had gotten such reliable hits?  The last time he had fought someone so strong they were a monster.  It was funny really he was sure she was tired going into this fight and here he was only after a few blows equating her furiosity to that of a beast.   Maybe he just got rusty but he'd rather be optimistic.  He wanted to win even more now, he could only curse the fact that she seemed a bit battle weary already.  Unfortunately Beggars can't be choosers.

"I was hoping you'd be a challenge anyways!"  He shouted pointing his hand at her.  "Thunderous Flame!"  The call came out accompanied by the crackling sound of lighting as a bolt of flame disguised as lighting launched itself Towards Kotone.  He smirked this was his fastest spell, and it packed a punch It was unlikely she could dodge it at this range.  He might as well be firing literal lighting from his hands, Man did it feel good to let loose.  "It is time to turn up the heat, Dragon slayer!  We have only begun this fight of ours!"

MP: 165/200:
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 am

Kotone didn't have time to dodge, just as Atrum had figured. Fortunately, she had defenses for just such an attack. Throwing up her arms in a defensive posture, a bubble of ice surrounded her just in time for the bolt of fire to strike it. Fortunately, she managed to stop a proper hit. Unfortunately, his bolt was strong enough to shatter the shield. Amie took a small amount of the damage. It was minor, but it still hurt, not to mention shoved her back a few feet.

"That all you got, Fancy Pants? I'm a dragon slayer! You'll have to try harder than that to beat me!" Amie was faster than Atrum, and possibly a little stronger, though the man seemed to be able to take quite the beating from her as well. So her advantages would only matter if she got in more hits than he did. Holding out her hand, a sword of ice formed in her hand. "Now, my turn!" Launching herself at Atrum, she swung the sword at an upward angle, making it harder dodge than if she'd aimed too high or too low.  If it connected, she'd attack again, if not, she would attempt to parry his counter attack.

MP 100/200:

MP 90/100:
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 am

"The I shall oblige you!"  He retorted doing something most would think to be colossally stupid, and normally they'd be correct.  He threw himself forwards twisting his body just barely enough that the blade's edge slashed across the right side of his chest tearing his work shirt.  She was definitely faster than him he didn't think he could dodge her attacks like this he'd just have to grin and bear the pain.  Though her reaching into close combat range benefited his fighting style immensely, the only probelm was keeping her where he wanted her.  He grabbed her face with his right arm and used his weight to force the positioning of his leg so it was behind hers.  

"Let us go for a ride!"  He threw his hand forwards and forced his leg back, attempting to flip her off balance with his strength and weight alone.  The attempt was mostly to disorient her, keep her from utilizing her agility against him.  She could probably easily counter this but it was likely she didn't see such a tactic coming.  how many people willing threw themselves at a sword?  He wasn't sure how many people were actual weapons users on this continent but he was sure that most wouldn't expect the all or nothing tactics of his homeland.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 pm

It had been a long time since Kotone had seen anyone so dedicated to not just a , but to a battle. Atrum threw himself at her blade with a wild abandon she hadn't seen since she was maybe fourteen when she had fought a wizard who's fighting style had been somewhat similar - at least when it came to his lack of self-preservation. She'd been a lot weaker back then, though, and almost paid dearly for it. As he grabbed her face, he did successfully push her back and trip her. But rather than allow the motion to continue in his favor, she instead flipped back and kicked him with all her might, pulling out of his grasp using her own momentum and strength, rolling as she landed. Eventually she stopped as she rocked back to her feet about two meters away. She heard his hand thud the ground with impressive force at about the same time. That would have definitely hurt bad if that had connected properly.

The young ice dragon slayer was really getting into the fight, and had nearly forgotten she was trying to reserve some of her energy for when her plan came together. Raising her sword again, she let out a sigh of relief before her grin returned in full. "Well well, Fancy Pants, I never expected to fight someone so reckless," she panted as sweat dripped from her chin. "Not one that lived long enough to be so strong, anyway." The fire in her eyes said she was just getting started, but her body language said that her energy levels argued against it. Which one was more stubborn... well Atrum probably only had a minute to find out at best before the Council's guards arrived and broke up the fight as planned.

MP: 85/200 Sustain Frostborn
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:04 am

"I did not expect you to get out of that, you're more agile than I gave you credit for."  He said shaking his hand from the dull pain that he had inflicted upon it.  He had to get her pinned if he wanted to win, he put a foot back and pushed forwards charging his opponent.  He crossed the distance between them a bit slower than he had hoped to but his large stature made up for that his stride taking up more distance than the average person would have.  He only had one spell that he could use at the moment, and he needed to be a bit closer if he wanted to use it properly.  He preferred an up close and personal style anyways, much easier to fight your opponent the way you wanted when they were within arms reach.

"Here I come."  He growled keeping his eye on the blade in her hand, throwing a punch aimed at the hilt of her weapon.  He needed to separate her from it.  Push her back and keep her from utilizing her advantages against him.  The first was her sword, targeting it should put her off balance, just enough to pin her and remove her agility from the equation.  He was prepared for a counter attack, his left first prepared to strike with the enhancement of the Mars Crash spell if she tried using the sword offensively.  He needed some sort of weapon to use against those with blades as his hands could only do so much when facing a sword, he came into this fight without one he'd have to make due until the bout was over.  He could feel time running out though their match would undoubtedly caught someone's attention by now.  He predicted that he'd probably get in one more attack at the most before someone showed up to their show.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Kotone brought up her hand to try and stop Atrum's attack on her sword, but unfortunately for her, the tactic was a success. She couldn't move quite fast enough at this point to stop him, and her sword soared into the air. As he grabbed her, her sword glinted in the sunlight and embedded itself in the ground a few feet away, where it disappeared as she stopped sustaining her spell. Kotone grabbed at his hand to try and break his grip, but she didn't have time to formulate a plan.

It was probably for the best, because at about that time, a small group of Paladins rounded the corner, spotting Kotone and Atrum. "Showtime," A disappointed Kotone told Atrum as she continued to make a show of struggling. She'd been so sure she could win the fight if it had been the real deal. Stupid Paladins getting in the way. The look she gave him said as much before she rolled her eyes. "Stupid guild wizards! Let go of me! You've got no right to tell me how to live!" She kicked at him halfheartedly, since she didn't want to actually make him let go at this point. She whispered to him as one of the men walked up to them. "Remember, follow and when you get a chance, break me and anyone else they've caught out."

"What's this? It seems you've caught the troublemaker!" the approaching guard informed Atrum with a smug look on his face. "Gave us a bit of trouble, she did. But we'll take it from here."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Furea Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:27 am

Annoyance showed in his eyes at the interruption of the fight, unfortunately it was for the best.  He'd rather fight Kotone when she was at full strength anyways, if he won this battle it would be a hollow victory.  Definitely not one he could be proud of, that was to be sure.  He turned his attention to Kotone as she flailed half heartedly against his grip.  Well it seemed she could act as well, a skill that would serve her well.  He wasn't sure if she would be able to fake being captured when they started but that seemed trivial  then and it still did now.  She was correct it was indeed showtime, might as well go all in with the performance.

"I don't care about your lifestyle miss, but causin' trouble around here like you did is my problem."  Atrum stated switching his speech pattern with a bored look in his eye the soft smile almost gone from his face.  To anyone who didn't know him this would probably be seen as an apathetic look.  When the man walked up to them and kotone filled him in one last time Atrum gave her a soft smile and turned to talk to the guard as he took her off his hands.  "You're tellin' me,  I think she gave me a few new scars to show off.  She doesn't like bein' cornered much at all."  He said the polite tone in his voice entirely gone at this point, he didn't interact much with the guards of this town and didn't talk much overall they wouldn't remember how he talked later on.  "You'll be takin' her off my hands then?"  He asked giving a thoughtful look.  "Aight well that's fair this is your job rather than mine anyways."  He chuckled.
Atrum Furea
Atrum Furea
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down