FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Explanation May Be In Order

4 posters

Go down

An Explanation May Be In Order Empty An Explanation May Be In Order

Post by Abigail Parker Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Yeah, sorry. I'm still alive. You're gonna have to call off the celebration.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry I've been MIA for these past few days. I've been having issues with my laptop that are just now in the process of getting fixed, and I haven't been able to get to the library because (SURPRIIIIISE!) my area's been bombarded with metric tons of snow for the last couple days, so I've been stuck at home.

So... yeah. Things are a bit of a mess right now. Shocker, I know. Honestly, I'm just glad all this crap went down during my spring break, when I have the time to actually deal with it. Anyways, computer problem's not solved yet, and probably won't be until the weekend. But I'll try to get on for an hour or so at the library until then. Maybe make some posts. Can't make any promises, though.
Abigail Parker
Abigail Parker
Guildless C
Guildless C

Experience : 57
Primary Magic : Takeover: Angels
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

An Explanation May Be In Order Empty Re: An Explanation May Be In Order

Post by PatriotArrow Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 pm

No problem, Zach. I hope you get everything straightened out soon!
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Okay, update time.

Laptop's finally fixed and waiting for me at home as I type this on a campus computer. Couldn't fix it myself because Windows 8 is probably the most unintuitive OS to have to deal with in regards to the removal of malicious programs, so I had to take it in to a guy I know. Cost me $100 (less than what I'd have to pay if I took it into Best Buy. $200 just to look at it. %$#@ing highway robbery...), and I may have to reinstall some programs like Firefox, Adobe and whatnot.

So what does this mean? My activity will be on the rise again, but things may still go slowly until I can restore my laptop completely to the way I had it before this whole mess started. On top of this, my trip to Washington, D.C. is next week, and I'll be gone from the 26th to the 30th. So there might be a spike in activity over the next four days, followed by another drop. Yay.

BUT, once ALL of that is sorted, things should be back to normal. Unless the town I live in turns into Silent Hill while I'm gone or something ridiculous like that. (Note to self: keep portable radio on hand at all times.)

Anyways, that's the state of matters as they are right now. Figured you guys should know.
Abigail Parker
Abigail Parker
Guildless C
Guildless C

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:07 am

Remember to stock on bullets if Silent Hill crashes on you. Also, bring a walkthrough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Update II: Electric Boogaloo

Okay, so my computer isn't 100% fixed. Well... it is, but it isn't. As soon as I got home last Friday, I tried to get online with my laptop in order to activate Windows, reinstall Firefox and Adobe and all that blahness. And I couldn't get onto my wi-fi at home. I did everything I was supposed to do in order to connect to my wireless router TO THE LETTER, and I kept getting a notification that my computer couldn't connect to the server or some other such horseshit. So it may be another week until I'm completely back in action.

Honestly, I'm so frustrated that I'm at the point where I want to take a boomstick to my laptop and buy a new one, because this is becoming a bloody pain in the tail, to quote a particular LPer on Youtube. All of my files are on a separate flashdrive anyways, so it isn't like destroying my laptop would set me back any more than I already have been. But, aside from providing an oh-so satisfying dose of catharsis, doing such a thing wouldn't actually solve any problems on my end. So I'm gonna do things the hard way.

In short, activity will not be on the rise as I predicted, and posts are gonna have to wait a bit longer. Possibly until I've returned from D.C. So to all those I'm in topics with, I am well and truly sorry. I'm doing the best I can to get this mess sorted out, but it seems like every time I take a step forward and solve a problem, another problem pops up and I take two steps back. I thank you for being patient in this matter and not actively hunting me down to murder me in my sleep, and ask that you be patient a little while longer and keep those knives in their sheathes. Hopefully I'll be up and running again before the semester's out.
Abigail Parker
Abigail Parker
Guildless C
Guildless C

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Hurry back Zach and don't worry. Your shotgun will still be under the caution "Zach" sign in the c-box.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Experience : 15
Primary Magic : Celestial Spirit Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail Parker Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Update the Third (and Final):

Guess who just got back today? That wild-eyed boy that had been away. Haven't changed, haven't much to say. But man, I still think that cat is crazy!

*Air guitars to "The Boys Are Back In Town"*

Yup. That's right. Spread the word around. I'm finally back, after a near month of inactivity, give or take. Just got my Internet upgraded to U-verse, which seems to have solved my connectivity problems (AT&T doing something right?! THE END IS NIGH, PEOPLE!), computer's actually running properly and all the problem programs have been cleaned out. So now it's just a matter of reinstalling a few programs (and Fallout 1 and 2) and playing catch up here. Finally, some good news, right?

So yeah. I'm back to pick up where I left off and continue to be a thorn in everybody's side with my smartarsed comments and unpleasant attitude. Be afraid. Be very afraid...

An Explanation May Be In Order Iori-cv-laughs Ahhhhhh, relax. I'm just bullshitting ya.
Abigail Parker
Abigail Parker
Guildless C
Guildless C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Wb!! We got lots of newcomers while you were away. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up rping in no time at all.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down