FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering Flowers

2 posters

Go down

Gathering Flowers Empty Gathering Flowers

Post by Ava Brooks Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:06 pm

It had been raining all day yesterday, which Ava supposed she didn’t mind. She had been inside the guild hall all day and if it rained outside, it wasn’t going to get her wet. Unfortunately the rain did put a lot of humidity in the air and her hair felt a mess. She brushed it through a few times, feeling slightly frustrated but not letting it get to her too much. Soon enough she was in a fairly simple pink and white dress. It was one she had bought since moving away from home, so it wasn’t the finest quality, but she didn’t mind that too terribly.

The reason she had worn a simpler outfit was because Ava was going out. She kept a vase of flowers near her window and it needed to be replaced. She knew that there was someone in the guild who kept growing various plants. A bit of a green thumb with blue hair, and she knew exactly who he was, but that didn’t mean she was going to talk to him. She normally got her flowers elsewhere, but she didn’t want to venture very far away. It was muddy out and she didn’t want to risk wandering that far.

Ava made her way outside and toward the back of the building. Now where are those flowers… she thought as she walked. Her temporary distraction led to a misstep into a mud puddle. Her shoe sunk in and she let out a small cry as her foot started to drown in mud. She tried to lift her food but ended up falling instead.
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 139
Primary Magic : Celestial Spirit Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Gathering Flowers Empty Re: Gathering Flowers

Post by Kade Lazarus Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Kade didn’t mind the rain. He’d gone and played with a few of the other guild members during the rain, actually. He felt like one of the older guild members because most of the ones he hung around were teenagers, but he did know one who was older. Unfortunately that person was not really interested in playing in the mud. “Well, that’s too bad,” Kade had told him the day before when the offer to go run around had been declined.

He pulled on some jeans and a button up shirt, and boots, before heading back outside that day. It was a mess outside, so he didn’t want to take any chances. He used to garden a lot when he lived with Celtor, but he didn’t so much anymore. He currently had some flowers growing near the guildhall. He’d taken and made them a small cover from the rain the day before, and had decided to play because he was already soaked. Water was good for his flowers, but being swamped out wasn’t.

He went to the flowers and took down the cover. He’d actually dug a hole in the ground and fitted a crate inside, using rocks to encase the crate some. He kept whatever he needed for his garden there, so for now her folded up the cover and stuffed it down in there. Satisfied with his work Kade headed back toward the guildhall and spotted Ava.

Uh, Ava, are you alright?” he asked, jogging over to her and offering her his hand while she lay in the mud, looking miserable.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 627
Primary Magic : Light Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:09 pm

If I were at home I could go back inside, get into my bathtub, the one with the claws, and soak in it. Why are claws such a sign of wealth anyway? I mean, at least as far as furniture is involved. Even the chaise lounge beside my bed had claws. I miss that l chaise lounge. Then Rolland would bring me a robe and leave it in my room, Ava thought, blushing like she had whenever he did that for her, and then when I was dry and relaxed, we could talk. And I wouldn’t be here, laying in mud…

Uh, Ava, are you alright?

Ava blinked her eyes quickly, staring straight up at the sun from this angle. She managed to find Kade in her field of vision, and she cringed. And I wouldn’t have people seeing me laying in the mud… oh well, I suppose Mother and Father judging me would be worse.

Hello,” she said, willing herself not to stutter in her embarrassment. There was nothing more embarrassing than faltering in one’s speech. She was going to be dignified despite her surroundings. However disgusting they happened to be. “I slipped, I am fine,” she said, struggling to get to her feet but managing to slip a bit more and only almost reach a seated position.
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Kade didn’t like to see anyone struggle, and he didn’t like to embarrass anyone… but it really did amuse him. He’d seen Ava around in her fancy dresses. He knew she liked to be clean and proper. In fact, her and Amie were two of the people very well known for avoiding the enjoyable mud wars. Also Ren, but that was because she was antisocial. He was still going to make friends with her someday. He made friends with as many of them as he possibly could.

At the moment Ava seemed to need some help, “Ava, don’t worry about being so serious,” he said, still smiling. She might not have appreciated his good humor at the moment, so he tried not to seem too happy right now. She was always so very serious, and so very proper, and it was funny, unfortunately, to see her like this. She also looked more like a little girl than he was used to.

He took her hand and pulled her up, then, without giving her the chance to protest, although he was sure she would, he lifted her up in his arms. “There, now let me carry you back inside, unless you really want to keep wandering around out here in the mud,” he said, looking at her to see what she said. Sure, his clothes were a mess now, but he didn’t mind, they could be washed.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Kade lifted Ava up from the ground and she immediately squirmed. She did not need to be picked up, not at all. “Kade!” she said immediately. She blushed and looked away when he asked if she wanted to stay here, wandering around in the mud. “No… thank you for your help… but you’re getting so dirty!” she protested again. The damage was already done, and she knew that, but she didn’t like it. He carried her inside though, not listening to her, or at least not complying, and set her down once they got back to the building.

She cringed at his clothes, “They look so…. You’re a mess now Kade. You really should not have picked me up,” her tone was very scolding. She knew he was quite a bit older than she was, but she needed to tell him what to do. It dawned on her that that mentality made no sense. Ava sighed, “I’m sorry…

She stood there, feeling weighed down by the mud on her dress, and the mud on his clothes. “You were out there playing in the mud the other day, weren’t you?” she asked, hoping to distract from the current situation, and her apology as well. She simply did not understand why people would want to get dirty. At least at the moment he was picking her up to be nice.
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Kade asked if Ava wanted to stay in the mud, since she made such a fuss at him picking her up. She declined. Of course she did. Ava was a nice girl, but she was very prim and proper. It wouldn’t do for Kade to be that superficial. His flowers were beautiful, but they required him to be in the dirt. His garden for vegetables and fruits did as well. The orchard was more self-sustaining, but still, he spent a lot of time outside, not inside primping. He carried her inside, ignoring her protests easily.

When they got to the building he set her down. She cringed, but he just smiled. Ava scolded him for being a mess now, and he chuckled. “Oh Ava, you worry too much. I’ll be just fine, a little mud never hurt anybody,” he told her, still smiling good naturedly. Then she changed the subject to him having been playing in the mud. “Oh yeah. I was with a couple other friends. It was great. Of course once we were done there wasn’t enough rain to get us all clean, but it was a blast. I am sure that’s not really your forte,” he smirked. He was teasing about fun not being her forte, to see if she would catch on, but he knew for a fact playing in the mud was not.

Speaking of that… why were you outside today? It seems a bit out of the norm for you.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Fri May 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Ava was slightly pouting when Kade told her she worried too much.  She did not worry too much. Well, at least he didn’t comment on her scolding him, that was good enough, she supposed. Still, what she had done was not acceptable, and she tried to keep that in mind. He told her that a little mud never hurt anybody, but she was fairly certain she did not agree with him on that. She felt disgusting, and near physical pain from how dirty she felt right now. It was atrocious. She kept this to herself, trying to be polite still.

He confirmed his playing in the mud and she gasped in protest at what he implied. She was a very intelligent young woman, and she was well aware his teasing as to imply that fun was not her forte. She scowled at him, clearly displeased, “I make my own way, thank you. Even if it is not what you people enjoy,” she said, actually holding herself back from much more judgmental comments. It wasn’t her best work, but she was quite offended by his little joke. She sighed though, knowing it wasn’t meant to be so harsh.

Then Kade asked about her being out in the mud. She blushed slightly, “Well… you see… I like to get a flower, for the vase in my room. As you said, I do not venture outside too often, but I do like nature. Observing it really, not… being in it,” she supposed, “Anyway, I was just trying to get one of those, but the trek was more dangerous than initially anticipated.
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri May 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Kade found it cute how Ava pouted. She wanted to be so mature. She actually was extremely intelligent, and he knew that. He knew she was as proud and sassy as he could ever hope to be. He also knew some people who could use a dose of her confidence. Oh well, not everyone could be an Ava Brooks. It seemed even the Ava Brooks was pulling away from what she was intended to be. He could respect that, though he didn’t mention it to her. It seemed private, and the proud liked their privacy kept under tight lock and key.

He raised his hands up in surrender, still chuckling, when she got annoyed at him, perhaps not his finest display of manners, but she seemed to relax, and that meant she knew he meant no harm. Still, he spoke, “I mean no harm, Ma’am. Just friendly teasing.” When he asked why she was outside the admitted that she had secretly been stealing his flowers. “Ah…” he said, crossing his arms, but not sounding cross. Well, he hoped not everyone was stealing his flowers. That would be quite a shame for his garden. “In that case, stay right here.

He immediately left. It was utterly easy to glide back to his garden. His hand turned to pure light and with a small touch the line of the flower was cut. His hand ceased glowing and he picked up the large yellow flower. It suited her. Sunny, even if she wasn’t always so open about that cheerfulness. It was special to her, he supposed, but that was fine. When he returned to the now confused looking young woman he presented her with a flower, and a smile. “My flowers are very special to me, as are my friends. And as one, you may have the other,” he told her kindly.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Ava relented in her disdain at Kade’s teasing. Teasing, it was something she probably ought to learn to tolerate. At least when it was good natured. When it was ill intended she would lash out verbally. Any good lady would, because no good lady put up with her name being slandered. She felt strongly about this. What she did not feel strongly about was Kade leaving. It was so sudden. She admitted to stealing his flowers, though she didn’t feel it was stealing and he up and left. Had she offended him? She stood there in utter confusion for a minute or two before he returned, looking as pleasant as ever.

With a smile and a flower he came up to her. Oh, and this was why so many people liked him, wasn’t it? She blushed at his words, “Very well then… I,” she swallowed, looking at the flower, “Appreciate both the sentiment and the gift. Thank you Kade.” She reached up and took the flower. It was beautiful. All his handiwork struck her as beautiful, and Ava had quite exquisite taste. “With that I must leave. It is unacceptable to remain in company looking this way, especially charming company such as yourself,” she told him with a nod. She gave a small curtsy and left with the flower. She went to her room, taking off her shoes and heading to the window. With a gentle brush of her finger against the soft petal she smiled. She hated getting dirty, but at least it had gone well.

[Closed and Done]
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content