FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank]

2 posters

Go down

Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank] Empty Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank]

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Kenta sat there, at a park bench in Crocus, with his masks on. Clutching a damp cloth in his left hand he polished his blade, soft "swooshing" sounds filling the air around him. He had been stuck in a limbo of sorts ever since the attack on the old council, constantly at war with his notions of right and wrong. He knew what had happened was wrong in many ways, he knew what he had done was wrong too. Most of the men that fell to his blade were innocent men, with families awaiting a return that would never come.

As he sat there, his gaze focused solely on his sword, he noticed the waning beauty of Crocus. He had seen that since Shadow heart had revealed themselves, the beauty of most places had started receding. It sickened him to think he had played a part in that too. That he had spilled the blood of countless for a cause he barely believed in anymore. He ceased his polishing, pocketing the cloth before admiring the blades shine once again. The sun glinted off of it into his eyes, blinding him temporarily. He had long since learnt not to use his eyes too often, his training as an assassin having forced him to rely on sounds and smells.

That was why it was not the sight of a person, but the sound of their breathing that told him somebody was nearby. Without his sight to distract him he could hear much clearer now, the sounds of the world bringing life to his mind, painting a picture of his surroundings. He sighed as he pried his eyes open, gripping his blade just a bit tighter, "Come on out. You can't hide from me." He declared, invisibly preparing himself for battle.
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Experience : 10
Primary Magic : Birdsong Eye
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank] Empty Re: Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank]

Post by Hikari Hioru Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Hikari woke up on a sunny morning in Crocus, got dressed like usual and had hopped out into the Guild Hall to eat some Breakfast. Greeting everybody even though some gave a cold reaction towards Hikari, she then decided to take a look at the request board and saw something about the secrets of the Shadow Heart guild potentially being leaked. "If somebody's trying to leak our secrets...shouldn't we as members stop it...no matter the cost?" Hikari thought this to herself through her bitter resentment from the past of what transpired at her home just only two years ago. The person attempting to leak secrets would eventually lead to the destruction of the only family she has left: Shadow Heart.

Overtime because she has built the heart of a Shadow itself, that being said, more of the merciless do-whatever-it-takes type of person to get a job done. Hikari simply saw from whom the request was from, and had decided that since it was a C-Rank Mission, to acquire some type of assistance, preferably somebody who could plan things out better than she could. 

Hikari simply walked out of the guild afterwards and decided to walk to the park, and behind a masked person nonetheless. This person intrigued Hikari in a peculiar way, how he was polishing his sword and simply enjoying the breeze, appeared to be deep in his own thoughts. However, when Hikari had walked nearby the person and heard the voice, she was able to distinguish that it was a male under the mask. "Come on out. You can't hide from me." The voice said when she passed, Hikari only smiled as this person she interpreted the words to be: "Hostile...good." Hikari thought to herself as she interpreted the words.

Hikari simply walked towards the masked man until she was five feet away in front of him, giggled softly so that only he could hear the sound and nobody else. "Well, I take you're a member from our guild...right?" Hikari started briefly then added a question, "Listen, all I found on the Bulletin Board were C-Rank Missions....I know alone it's almost impossible but I guess....would you be willing to help me do this quest?" Hikari finished somewhat nervously, due to the fact simply from the male's hostile tone was scared that she would be treated badly. Awaiting the male's response, Hikari prayed in her heart that this person would at least treat her...nicely.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Experience : 12
Primary Magic : Crystal Make

Back to top Go down

Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank] Empty Re: Do you hear that? [Shadow heart C-rank]

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:50 pm

His brows rose behind his mask as he heard a distinctly feminine giggle emanate from behind him. Strange, why would an enemy giggle? So this person wasn't hostile, per say, she had just caught him while he was thinking. He kept his grip on his sword strong, being careful not to let his guard down, only to immediately do just that when he finally opened his eyes. A blush immediately crept up his face as he studied the, if he was honest, very attractive young woman in front of him. She had raven black hair but he could just make out a few strips of red alongside, she was also smaller than he was.

He vaguely noted that if he hadn't been wearing a mask than he could've been accused (Rightly so) of staring. "If by "our guild" you mean shadow heart then yes, I am from your guild" Kenta said, lowering his sword into it's sheathe at his hip. What followed was odd, why ask a stranger for help? "C-rank eh? I could help you I guess." He said and to be honest, he was exited about doing something again.

"So tell me, who are you exactly? I don't really spend much time at the guild hall." He smiled slightly behind his mask, a useless gesture, but he was glad to meet somebody who didn't seem inherently evil at first glance. Who knew, maybe this girl was different? "Oh and just so you know what to expect from your partner..." At this point Kenta cringed. The way he had worded that had made it seem...Romantic for some reason. "...I use a kind of high speed movement and I'm a trained assassin." Truthfully, Kenta's skills weren't all that useful for a team to have. Sure he could take on quite a few enemies at once like most mages, but he was simply good at bringing somebody down before they knew he was there.
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:26 pm

After hearing something about the man's voice, she noticed that he said something about telling him about herself. "Well...I guess I could start by saying that my name is Hikari Hioru. I've pretty much been orphaned for the last three years..." Hikari began before eventually going somewhat silent for a few minutes due to the fact of just mentioning that she'd been orphaned for some time now. A tear rolled down Hikari's face, in which she instinctively turned away from the male next to her. "Maybe he didn't notice...maybe he shouldn't know my whole past..." Hikari thought to herself as the next words of the man were heard. "Oh and just so you know what to expect from your partner..." The way the man worded that sentence seemed almost as if it was unintentionally romantic as he started, it also made Hikari slightly blush at the words since it helped her feel at ease. "...I use a kind of high speed movement and I'm a trained assassin." 

The words of the male essentially somehow crept into her mind, able to vaguely imagine the immense high speed being used to swiftly behead somebody before that person, male or female could make a single sound. Shuddering slightly at the image of a painless death like that almost scared Hikari to death, but at the same time; Hikari felt at ease simply due to the fact somebody that speedy can come to her aid when she desperately does need it. Processing that through her entire mind, Hikari then mentions to the male, "Well, you used some type of High Speed Magic...I use Molder Magic, mainly Crystal Make. It's pretty awesome when you get used to it also." Of course also in Hikari's mind, unlike the Speed Magic, this magic can be used to kill in person or stealthily depending on the situation due to the Static Forms of Maker magic.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am

He listened intently to the girl introduce herself, telling him that she'd been orphaned somewhat recently. He didn't know of the pain of becoming an orphan, only of the pain of being let down. Still, this Hikari seemed like a good enough person and she gave off this...aura of sorts that compelled him to do something blasphemous...He let his guard down. Under any other circumstances he might have been okay with it, but he proceeded to go and put his foot in his mouth again. "Hikari. 'Light'. It's a nice name. It suits you." He said, smiling slightly again, before relapsing and realizing what he had just said.

Now what? He couldn't take it back without being a jerk. "Just press onwards Kenta, nothing you can do now." He thought, before noticing the slight dripping sound of water. Was Hikari crying? It made sense, recalling being orphaned probably hurt quite a bit. She seemed to pull herself together a bit before he could comment on it. Enough so that she could inform him she used Crystal-make magic. Hmm. He had never heard of crystal maker magic before, so it must be rare. Still, if it was anything like Ice-make..."Crystal make eh? It sounds incredibly useful and beautiful." He noted, blushing slightly from embarrassment. How had all of this happened?

"So what exactly are we doing then?" He asked, only recalling now that he'd agreed without listening to the request. Then again, a lot of things had gone unsaid so far. He hadn't given his name nor had he revealed his face. Still, she hadn't asked. He grinned, thinking of that situation before doing something stupid.

He tripped. While they had been walking side by side he hadn't taken his eyes off of her. Ergo he hadn't seen the rather large pebble his foot had hit. So he fell. He was also however, on a direct collision course with Hikari herself. Shit! As he collided with her his training kicked in. He stabbed his blade into the ground whilst grabbing her and twisting, trying to remove any potential damage from the fall. So he hit the ground back first whilst Hikari...

She ended up on top of him. Now for all of his genius Kenta simply couldn't figure out what to do now. He could do unimaginable things to people but he still couldn't figure out what to do now...
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 pm

For some odd reason, Hikari comfortable around the masked male next to her while mentioning her past slightly and her name as well. It seemed to give her, a sense of security. Hikari then received the compliment from the masked male in which she tried to hide an inevitable blush where she turned slightly red again at the essentially cute comment he made to Hikari. "Trust me...if you knew the side of me that normally isn't this way.....you might reconsider that compliment." Hikari told the masked male with a saddened tone, knowing that this actually the truth, the way she really is when people get on her bad side or just happens to snap during a moment.

"Yeah...crystal make is amazingly beautiful if you make the image so....but as beautiful it can be....it can also be a monstrosity..." Hikari continued but this time with an ominous tone that seemed to give off an eery feeling about Hikari herself, like the real her was the opposite of Light: Darkness. "I'm sorry if I sounded kind of....scary for that moment...I just don't usually tell others this...but you seem nice...so..." Hikari worded out to the masked male, though her voice trembled slightly solely because it's the first she's opened up a little to somebody other than her parents, she regained composure after tightly clenching her right hand to the point a little bit of blood leaked.

"About the mission though...it's pertaining to...somebody trying to leak secrets about the guild. I figured we could take this and...seal shut the person's mouth or intentions of doing so." Hikari said firmly to the masked male, "We have to meet this woman named Mora. She'll give us the details on the person we're supposed to stop from leaking secrets of the guild."  Hikari then finished saying what the mission briefly was about, she knew it was wrong, but she knew it had to be done also. As horrific what Hikari and the masked male may need to do to this single person, it only reminded her more of the past.

A few minutes had gone by while they were walking to meet with Mora, then Hikari suddenly asked the Masked Male out of sheer memory. "By the way....I actually forgot to ask earlier but....what's your name?" Hikari asked him with a cheerful voice, almost like instantly voiding the entire ominous feeling just a few moments ago and asking with a smile on her face, and slight blush that she just couldn't seem to hide anymore, if one looked closely into Hikari's eyes however, it could easily be known that she doesn't want lose anymore potential friends and family.

However irony struck as the masked male was listening to Hikari's words, he tripped, and even more stupidly he accidentally collided with Hikari causing her to fall as well, though not before the masked male grabbed her by the hips to have her fall well...on top of him? Hikari ended up burying her face into the masked male's chest simply to hide her intensely red blush. A few seconds later she happened to regain composure, lifting her face off of the masked male and asked while sadly....still lightly blushing, "Hey, you alright?"
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Just before the trip, Kenta was really straining his patience. Listening to Hikari put herself down over both her name and her skills, it really grated at him for reasons he didn't know. He didn't want to comment though. He had pieced together that the only way to help was to listen for now, even he knew that much. The job shocked him though. To be honest it was only a simple shakedown. All they had to do was scare the bejeezus out of some guy so he wouldn't spill, or kill him. If he allowed it, the man wouldn't die, if only to spare Hikari, of whom he didn't know if she had killed.

She had then asked him for his name, something he had predicted but hadn't planned for. He could tell her, but then what if she said his name in the mission and someone heard it? What to do about this? well, he could always tell a half truth. "My name? You can call me Kuroikaze. Although it's not nearly as pretty as yours" He had replied, immediately fighting the urge to run himself through. Seriously? Why was he saying all of this stuff on autopilot? Had his training and emotional conditioning been for naught?

Apparently so, as after the trip happened, he felt his face start to burn, thankful he was wearing not one but two masks. He heard Hikari ask if he was okay and chuckled slightly. "I-I'm fine, though s-shouldn't I be the one asking you" He stammered slightly, very embarrassed by what had happened. He stuttering, and dammit if he was going to lie there like a schoolboy with a crush. That's when he realized WHERE he had grabbed her. It turned out he was holding onto her hips quite tenderly, barely applying pressure at all. He quickly retracted his hands, as if they had been burnt or something. He placed his hands on her shoulders and lifted her up as he stood himself. "Err...Sorry about that. You'd think an assassin wouldn't goof up like that right?" He chuckled nervously, before feeling a rush of seriousness.

"Well then miss Hikari, shall we be off then?" He asked, calmly despite his raging embarrassment. Perhaps emotional conditioning had it's perks after all. "Lead the way boss." He said, having no Idea where they were going anyways.
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm

It was during the entire process of the fall and regaining composure that Hikari simply started catching some feelings that were slightly more friendly than they should have been to begin this entire mission and knowing each other thing; she wasn't good with opening up, nor was she good for situations like this, all Hikari knew was that she happened to be blushing for the most part. Why? Even Hikari had no idea, was it because they both seemed to share the same things deep down? Or was it for a different reason? Either or, When Hikari asked for the masked males name, he had replied that she could call him Kuroikaze. "That sounds like a mouthful...can I just call you Kuroi instead?" Hikari asked him teasingly with a cheerful smirk on her face. Hikari then blushed again after realizing that Kuroi had mentioned that his name wasn't nearly as pretty as hers. The entire blushing for no reason started irritate Hikari in her mind, but at the same time she seemed to not mind.

Kuroi stuttered quite a bit after the trip came to a conclusion, and essentially replied that he was fine and he should have been asking her instead. Hikari giggled slightly since it was rational and they seemed to be enjoying themselves ironically, "Y-yeah, I'm fine...don't worry about it." She said calmly though she did stutter just a little when she started talking while getting up off of Kuroi. Also, realizing that Kuroi had actually grabbed her hips and still holding onto her tenderly, her heart seemed to beat a little faster than normal around others. Could it be just some random romance that shouldn't have happened? Possibly, but Hikari more or less let it flow into her mind as a little reminder that maybe her life didn't have to be so miserable. "Err...Sorry about that. You'd think an assassin wouldn't goof up like that right?" Hikari heard the words of Kuroi flow out with a chuckle, it could be interpreted that he was a little nervous just like she was herself. "Don't worry about that...I mean everybody...goofs every now and then right?" Hikari said calmly with a tender voice while carefully choosing her words, simply because she didn't want to say the wrong things.

Kuroi then asked if they should be off then and pretty much called Hikari boss at the same time, it flattered her but at it also made her feel uneasy. It just felt like that Kuroi would be expecting a little more from her magic and leading skills than most others would, she wasn't the leader-type, she normally lets other people do the planning for her since most of her plans end up in flames when they're team related. Singular combat however, was a different process and she could manage her own if she was fighting alone, but it wasn't the case with Kuroi with her and she was scared that one bad call could lead to them feeling the mission if the person they are seeking retaliates. "Well we're by the house where Mora lives...I've passed by there a few times to do favors for her, so the information part on whereabouts should be easy to obtain..." Hikari started as she then went into a more, psychotic thought process and said these words: "When we find this person who's attempting to leak our secrets...we should encase him in a crystal coffin." Hikari said with a more, disturbing tone that seemed as cold as ice with a crude smirk on her face. So much more difference than the normal Hikari, but all the more she ended up blushing again due to just thinking about what transpired moments ago.

Hikari catches view of the house where Mora lives at, then takes Kuroi by the wrist and starts stepping a little wider, "C'mon, her house is right there." She said cheerfully while pointing at a normal house that was painted red with a green rooftop. More or less starting to drag Kuroi with her now, Hikari started to enjoy his company more little by little, perhaps she just found somebody who would be a close friend or even best friend. More than a friend, even Hikari didn't want to think of those possibilities right now despite her yearning for a lifelong companion.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Kenta blushed when Hikari asked if she could call him Kuroi. It seemed so much like a pet name to him it jump started his imagination something bad. It was something he felt like he wanted, strangely enough. He had only known her for a few minutes at most, but he felt like he could trust her. It was a strange feeling for him, a feeling he wanted to protect. "Sure, Kuroi sounds nice coming from you." he said, smiling softly behind his helmet. He'd almost forgotten he was wearing it as well, that she'd never seen his face. She was essentially interacting with a faceless male.

When she had told him that she was okay with what had happened and that everybody "goofs every now and then" he was filled with feelings of elation. She saw him as another person, not the cold-blooded killer most associated with the word assassin. He heard her say something about helping Mora out before, focusing intently on her words....and the ground. As nice as a repeat performance of the trip might have seemed, he was sure she wouldn't be a big fan.

Her next sentence threw him off a bit. "We should encase him in a crystal coffin." Didn't sound like something she would say. It sounded like him when he went into "assassin mode" as he had dubbed it. He felt her grab his wrist and start pulling him along, probably towards the house of this Mora person. He merely allowed himself to be pulled along, intent on doing a small bit of thinking, when his wrist came out of Hikari's grip, his hand sliding into hers. His mind went numb, as did most of his body. When they reached the door of the house, he stopped and tugged at her hand slightly to grab her attention.

"Maybe you should go in and see Mora alone. I'll stay somewhere close-by and in the shadows. that way if this informant has people looking out for pursuers they'll only see you and not me." He said, re-reading his plan in his head before finding the need to clarify something. "Not that I'd use you as bait or anything! God no! It's just....I..." At this point he'd lost the words, he had no clue what to do. He sighed before looking straight into her eyes, not that she could see his, before deciding. "Look it's your choice. If you want me in there with you I'll be there." He said, not realizing how incredibly romantic his statement could've sounded.
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Hearing Kuroi essentially confirm that it was fine to allow Hikari call him by that name made her sigh briefly, she knew pronouncing that name would be a mouthful and was glad she didn't have to suffer that. There wasn't much Hikari could say about Kuroi simply because she never saw him without the mask, and didn't want to force anything that shouldn't happen at all. Hikari knew in her mind that the entire coffin related comment sounded somewhat psychotic, but it is a part of her personality and has been ever since that little part in mind cracked seeing her parents die, one by one.

While running towards Mora's house, she could feel that the grip was seemingly getitng weaker and Kuroi's hand began to slip into hers. Hikari essentially knew if she let it happen some type of romantic shenanigans would transpire and well...she just wasn't ready to let her feelings take over, it isn't possible for somebody like Hikari who let the psychopathic side slip into the cracks of her mind, well at least that's what Hikari thinks. So when the hand began to slip in, she instinctively reacted and pulled her hand away from Kuroi's, "As hurtful as Kuroi may take the gesture...I hope he understands why." Hikari thought to herself as they reached the door.

Hikari felt a slight tug at her hand just before she pulled it away gently, and turned to Kuroi for whatever words he may have to say as of now. "Maybe you should go in and see Mora alone. I'll stay somewhere close-by and in the shadows. that way if this informant has people looking out for pursuers they'll only see you and not me." Hikari nodded as Kuroi essentially explained the rest of what was on his mind, though he ended up slipping on his words and tried to make up for it. "It's fine Kuroi...it's j-just that..." Hikari said as she gently placed her hand on Kuroi's forearm to essentially let him know it's fine that mistakes happen, when we talk, what we do. The next words pretty much came as a surprise to Hikari, since she was used to more or less being bait for objectives because she could fight back if anything happened. 

"Look it's your choice. If you want me in there I'll be there." Hikari couldn't help but blush intensely because of those words, because for the first time, somebody was willing to go into possible danger with her. It felt, romantic somehow in Hikari's heart and mind, but she knew he meant it out of a good gesture. "Please...stick by me in case some unwanted attention comes out while I'm speaking to Mora." Hikari asked kindly with a tender voice, though if Kuroi was listneing carefully, he could probably tell that Hikari was scared something would happen to him if he was away even for a few minutes. Hikari then knocked on the door while saying calmly but not loud enough so everybody else would hear her, "Mora it's Hikari, can we talk?"
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm

He had felt her start to pull her hand away and wasn't sure what to think of it. On one hand, they had just met after all. On the other, maybe she wasn't as comfortable with him as he thought. It mattered not, because she had seemingly made up her mind about what he would be doing and if he was honest he was happy with the choice she made. She wanted him nearby, he could hear the apprehension or fear in her voice. Was Mora not a trustworthy person then? Maybe Hikari had seen something he hadn't? Oh well, he stood nearby, his sword drawn now, resting in his palm. To the untrained eye he would seem relaxed, but a swordsman would see he was the perfect mixture of tense and loose.

He watched Hikari closely as she approached the door and called for Mora. If they were on first name basis then they were comfortable with each other right? He observed silently as a woman with midnight black eyes and hair opened the door disinterestedly. "Oh Hikari, a pleasure to see you here." Mora had rasped out and immediately Kenta didn't like her. He suppressed a snort and stood there solemnly, although the woman seemed to notice him anyways. "Oh, who is this Hikari, a new pet?" Mora had asked, laughing. But to Kenta the laugh was hollow and empty.

He wanted to speak up but the woman clearly waved him off and turned back to Hikari. "I assume you're here about the snitch right? Well he's in the northern most house in Crocus. He also uses magic of some kind, so do try not to die yes." She had said, and Kenta almost went blind with rage at how callous the woman was. "Now then. Get off of my property since you've got what you're after." She had said and stormed indoors. Kenta turned to Hikari, who seemed annoyed, though he couldn't tell, and said "Well let's go, I didn't notice anybody listening in or watching so we should be good."
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:58 am

Hikari knew what she was getting herself into when she knocked Mora's door, despite the good she's done for her over the three years, Mora is still...cold towards Hikari. Though Hikari also knew that sometimes there was unwanted company with Mora, and that could sometimes lead to some kind of disaster but this time she didn't mind. This was only for the sole reason to gain information about that snitch who's trying to leak everything. Mora does greet her however, but the tone seemed sarcastic and rasped as if she was lashing out against Hikari. "Oh hikari, a pleasure to see you here." Hikari only nodded at Mora's greeting to see that she actually would talk some type of smack about Kuroi right in front of her face. "Oh, who is this Hikari, a new pet?" Mora asked while getting a new laugh out of it.

Of course, Hikari was suppressing a large amount of anger towards Mora, by large, we're talking about she would just kill the lady on the spot if she let her psychopathic side win. Mora gave Hikari the information she did need however, mentioning the Northern most house in Crocus, using a type of magic while giving off the impression that he will fight back. "C'mon Kuroi...she's already put me in a sour mood." Hikari said to Kuroi just after he mentioned that nobody was listening in or watching them both.

Hikari violently opened the door and after Kuroi stepped out, she slammed the door as hard as she possibly could. A few tears rolled down Hikari's cheek, she just couldn't seem to hold it in anymore, it was too much to handle by herself. Hikari hated that people treated her badly even after the things she does for them, she hated that people don't accept her for the fact she was naturally a nice girl, though Kuroi seemed to be the only exception at the moment. Hikari simply walked much quicker than normal, silently telling Kuroi that she needed some type of comfort, that was if he could tell that Hikari needed some comfort. "I hate this city...I hate the people here." Hikari thought with so much hatred and bitterness that she was subconsciously covering the ground in Onyx Crystal, this was what she meant by the imagination creating a monstrosity as beautiful Crystal Making can be.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:24 am

Well. That could have gone better couldn't it. Who knew Mora was such a bitch? Kenta grit his teeth slightly, irked at being called somebodies pet. Somebody like him, who had lived their entire life doing somebodies dirty work, would have hated to be labelled a pet. He had lived as a pet and chances were he would die as a pet too. He heard Hikari tell him she was in a sour mood thanks to the witch of a woman, he didn't blame her. He wasn't very happy at the minute either.

Hikari had taken off faster than normal, anybody could see that. What he could see though, were the lightly damp spots left on the floor, which had a light coating of crystal creeping over it. So Hikari was more upset then she let on, that was troubling. Had something Mora said struck home for his fellow orphan? He didn't hear anything malicious aimed at Hikari, nor anything bad at all apart from the pet comment. Still, he hadn't known Mora for as long as she had, perhaps Mora's attitude had something to do with it?

Kenta watched as she started pulling decently ahead of him, unsure of what to do or say. Could he even do anything at all? He clenched his eyes shut, steeling himself, before opening them again, his left eye having it's signature bird pattern in it. It glowed, tinting his blue visor purple with the red light, before he blurred out of sight and re-appeared in front of Hikari. He didn't wait to see if he had shocked her, he only reached out and placed his right hand on her left shoulder. He knew that with his mask on a lot of the meaning was lost, that he could only look disinterested without showing his face. He didn't care. Right now, only his partner mattered.

"Don't hold it in Hikari. Trust me, it only hurts more later." He whispered softly, remembering his own struggles with being an assassin. How even though he could abandon his emotions for the mission, it would only hurt afterwards. "I'm here if you need to talk. I might not have been through the same thing, but I'd like to think I could offer some assistance."
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Hikari couldn't think clearly, her mind was going in circles, the people treating her badly coupled with her own past is just slowly cracking her mind more with each passing second; Hikari just couldn't hold the tears back anymore, she was sure that the Onyx Crystal coating on where she stepped already gave way to Kuroi that she was starting to break down. Tears were rolling down the soft cheeks, Hikari started to silently sob because she just couldn't handle it anymore, the dark atmosphere, the attitude of everybody in Crocus, she wanted to leave and go as far away as she possibly could. Though that would only alert Hikari's guild and she did not want to let anyone worry except Kuroi worry about her at this very moment.

The only thing that seemed to kick it home was that Mora just straight out called Kuroi...Hikari's pet, why? Hikari never had a relationship in her life, she was never close to any guy or girl in this city until just about an hour ago. Kuroi essentially gave Hikari a quick scare by literally appearing right in front of her in just the blink of an eye and felt him place his hand on her shoulder. The gesture was sincere, it seemed to slightly calm down Hikari, "At least he knows I'm hurting..." Hikari thought to herself as she just leaned a little closer towards Kuroi. The comfort was needed, and she didn't know who else to turn to except Kuroi at this moment.

"Don't hold it in Hikari. Trust me, it only hurts more later." The gentle whisper went into Hikari's ear and it only made her steel her current emotions so that she could stay strong emotionally right now. The next words that Kuroi told Hikari though seemed to hit home right into her heart because it just automatically pierced right through her defensive heart, she simply sobbed softly on Kuroi's chest. The ground around them both was slowly being covered in a gentle Onyx Crystal coating that slowly turned into Sapphire as time went by with the ongoing coverage.

"I-I...j-just hate the people here; I c-can't stand this dark atmosphere anymore!" Hikari started as she realized Kuroi would essentially learn of her entire past if she didn't stop, but she couldn't. Hikari swiped off Kuroi's hand from her shoulder and then pushed him away whist covering her sobbing face with her hands, tears flowing out past the wrists.

Hikari simply began to lose her temper in front of Kuroi, "What do you know about being orphaned?! What do you know having to rely on people that only treat you badly despite how much good you mean to do for them?! You don't understand what I've been through! You never could!" she yelled at Kuroi briefly venting everything out from her past towards Kuroi all in one emotional whiplash. 

Hikari then dropped to her knees as the ground around her was being covered in a thicker Onyx Crystal coating, it seemed to slowly make a cocoon-like shape behind Hikari herself, as if she wants to seal herself away for a few hours, longing to be alone and cry herself to sleep right now. Hikari knew this was probably too much for Kuroi to handle at this very moment, but she just couldn't handle it anymore. Her entire mind was cracking evermore little by little, she just wanted everybody to go away, if Kuroi wanted to walk out on Hikari, that was fine by her. It just meant that in the end Kuroi was like everybody else in Hikari's life after the death of her parents. "I just hate everybody right now..." Hikari said sobbingly as a clincher to seal the emotional venting towards Kuroi, said with a cold tone and pain in her voice from all the crying just seemed to start taking its toll on her.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 pm

He was shocked. Why wouldn't he be? His attempts to comfort Hikari seemed to be working slightly, then things had gone downhill. She had thrown his hand off and pushed him away, quite violently too he might add. She had sobbed into his chest slightly, thrown him away from her and screamed out her frustrations. "Oh well, at least she took my advice." He thought, slightly bitter about what she had said. He knew however, that she wasn't thinking straight now, that she was blinded by pain. "What do I know about being orphaned... I know less and more then you. I never met my real parents, I never knew their love, if they had any." He said, staring part her at the rapidly forming cocoon.

"I won't bore you with the details, only that i was adopted because of my mind." He stated, his right hand slowly reaching for his sword in his sheathe. He saw the cocoon grow taller than the girl on her knees, who was sobbing that she hated everybody, before he got angry. He rapidly drew his blade, held it in two hands alongside his body, and thrust it forward. He twisted his aim at the last second, his sword just missing Hikari and hitting the cocoon that threatened to envelop her. "Even if you hate everybody, even if you make the whole planet your enemy, you'll always have somebody on your side!" He shouted, above the sounds of shattering crystal.

He wrenched his blade from the collapsing cocoon and re-sheathed it, staring directly at the seemingly broken girl, before continuing softly. "Look Hikari. You're right, I don't know what you've been through. Because you haven't let me in, or anybody for that matter. I'm not going to tell you everything will get better, nor will I tell you to stand up and continue. But I will tell you this, you're still alive right?" He whispered softly, but internally he was in turmoil. He knew what he could do to prove he was trustworthy to Hikari, but he wasn't sure if HE was ready for it.

He managed to sneak a look into the girl's eyes and immediately knew what to do. He sighed as he placed his left hand over his visor, listening intently to the locks at the back hiss as they came undone. He slowly but surely pulled at the helmet, removing it and slowly revealing his face. well, what of it wasn't covered by the lower face mask.

He smiled at the girl and this time it showed through the lower mask and in his eyes. At least this way his identity was still somewhat protected. He looked at the girl and slowly brought magic into his left eye, revealing the bird shape in it. "Just trust me Hikari, let me help you." He said, softly but at the same time strangely firm, before turning away. This would be the clincher, the coup de gras so to speak. A test of Hikari's character, to see if she could be trusted like he wanted her to trust him. So as he started to walk off, he left a few choice words of wisdom.

"You know Hikari, the road to a healing heart starts with the trust of one..."
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Through all of that sobbing, the pain blinded Hikari's mind completely, it was the first time she sincerely broke down this way in front of somebody in her life. She wasn't sure how Kuroi would honestly react until he started emphasizing with Hikari. Kuroi mentioned that he never knew his parents, never knew their love if they had any love to spare for him. "At least you didn't have to watch them die in front of you...one at a time!" Hikari said in blinding pain to Kuroi.

It was then that Kuroi said something that may have calmed down Hikari a little more than anticipated by Kuroi himself, being adopted only for his mind? "Only for his mind? Is he...really that painfully smart?" Hikari thought to herself slowly regaining composure, thought she needed more than that to regain full stability. She simply saw shattered pieces of Onyx Crystal flying past her figure at the next moment, like he was truly trying to break Hikari free from her painful binding past.

"Even if you hate everybody, even if you make the whole planet your enemy, you'll always have somebody on your side!" The words that were shouted over the shattering crytstal cocoon seemed to pierce into Hikari's heart once more, but in a hopeful way this time. The shine in Hikari's eyes seemed to come back, the dilation began to fade away as her cheerful eyes were trying ever so hard to come back into Hikari.

Hikari just kept on listening to Kuroi's words intently waiting to see if he would say anything else that could bring more hope into her life. The last words during the time she was calming down and the cocoon began recess away, "But I will tell you this, you're still alive right?" Those words, they seemed to dig deep in Hikari's mind. "Yeah I'm still alive...but for what reason? I have nobody to care for me..." Hikari whispered softly under her breath because she didn't want Kuroi to know she'd been living essentially all alone even during the time she was in the guild.

Then Kuroi did something even Hikari didn't expect him to do, he knelt down in front of her face to face...well mask to face and heard a kind of hissing sound that marked the unlocking of something...but what? To Hikari's surprise, showing her his face partially since the lower mask revealed under it covered a part of it regardless. The eyes seemed to captivate Hikari, especially the Bird Shape in the left eye, that seemed to be the source of his Magic.

Kuroi then said some words that were tender but firm at once before turning away from her, "Just trust me Hikari, let me help you." It pretty much made Hikari feel bad about what she just put Kuroi through, having to force him into hearing her vent out violently at him. The words said to Hikari while he started his steps, probably to head towards the snitches house it essentially had Hikari slightly think about what Kuroi just said: "The road to a healing heart starts with the trust of one..." 

Hikari knew what the unintentionally meant, she knew that she didn't fully trust him from the beginning, obviously because they had just met an hour ago. But now with all of this venting and words of comfort, Hikari just seemed to regain her cheerful personality, not completely but enough to start teasing Kuroi again. "You know Birdie, maybe I could start trusting you at least." She told Kuroi with a cheerful tone, but still wiping away her tears from just earlier and obviously teasing Kuroi with the name Birdie.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:45 pm

"At least you didn't have to watch them die in front of you...one at a time!" Were the words that shocked Kenta to his core. She had seen that and came out, mostly, unscarred? How? Even he hadn't had to watch his foster family die, as nice as it sounded. Her eyes had been wide, unblinking, unfocused. He could see she had lost her sight. She couldn't see what was truly important now, she'd strayed from the path it took to repair oneself. As the shards of crystal flew past her, he saw her eyes focus a bit, like he was shattering the blindfold she had put up to block the truth.

The more he spoke the more life returned to her, his words resonating with something deep within her. Though she had said something under her breath, something that shocked him, that pained him greatly. "Yeah I'm still alive...but for what reason? I have nobody to care for me..." She seemed to have forgotten how he had found her presence in the first place, that his hearing was better than all of his other senses. What she said, about having nobody, it angered him. "She had nobody. She was alone." He thought, the words "nobody" and "alone" repeating in his mind. "Not anymore, she won't be alone anymore!" he thought resolutely to himself.

The way she seemed to perk up at the removal of his mask was nice though. the way she seemed drawn into his eyes, particularly the left one was even nicer. It was good for him to know he had made the right decision, that he had brought hope to his new friend. The best surprise though, came from her bounding up next to him, her cheerful persona returning. She had wiped some tears from her eyes that lingered there, given him a nickname and said she would try trusting him. He smiled softly at her, making sure she saw it, and chuckled. "Birdie eh? Well I've been given sillier nicknames I guess." He said, still chuckling slightly, before teasingly placing his helmet over her head.

"Well then, come on Jewel." He smiled as he started walking a bit faster, forgetting she still had his helmet, not noticing the affectionate nickname he had christened her with. "We've got a very naughty man to punish, don't we." He said, chuckling again. It was nice to be this free and open with somebody and damn it all if he could remember the last time somebody saw him without the helmet.
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Hioru Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Hikari could only laugh after the entire conversation went down between Kuroi and herself, everything just seemed to perk up in the good way. Hikari had finally found somebody she could call family, she wasn't ready for a lover yet anyway. "Birdie eh? Well I've been given sillier nicknames I guess." Hikari was told by Kuroi while chuckling slightly, then he just placed his helmet over Hikari's head for no apparent reason, other than to tease her.

"Yeah, we've got a bad man to catch." Hikari said while giggling at the way Kuroi said it, though he was an assassin, it seemed that Kuroi in Hikari's mind was a good person at heart. Just caught up in a history he shouldn't have been caught in. Hikari also took note of the nickname that Kuroi just gave her randomly, "Jewel" she just blushed a little at it because it was based around her magic, Crystal Make as why Kuroi gave Hikari her nickname.

It took approximately ten minutes to walk to the northern most house in Crocus. That being said, Hikari simply had a wry grin on her face, something that pretty much said she doesn't mind showing Kuroi her slightly psychopathic side. "Kuroi-nichan..." Hikari started with an innocent voice, "We should just kill him and get it over with...no need to scare him right?" Hikari continued her words with a little psychopathic intent until she took a brief pause and regained her normal composure, in which her innocence could be heard once more.

Walking into the house, more like busting in with force actually, Hikari simply started with a quick assault against the man, "Crystal Make: Ruby Rain!" She said, essentially Hikari let her psycho-end taking over just for the battle, unless things got out of hand, like Kuroi being injured or somewhere along those lines. The Ruby's flew towards the old man with great speed and seemingly pierced his head, to Hikari's surprise, the old man dissolved in Ink. "Ink Magic!" Hikari thought to herself in shock.
Hikari Hioru
Hikari Hioru
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenta Kuroikaze Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

"We should just kill him and get it over with...no need to scare him right?" The tone of Hikari's voice had changed again, though this time she seemed okay with it. He was glad that things had smoothed out, that Hikari had started opening up all sides of her to him. It was relieving for the assassin to see the good he had done, living in a world filled with chaos. Chaos he'd helped to cause. He frowned slightly, before almost collapsing when his mind had caught up with what she'd called him. "Kuroi-nichan..." Brother. It reminded him of Kira, how things might have been if they had still been on good terms.

Then everything went wrong. Hikari had just stormed her way into the informants house, planning on using shock and awe to kill the bastard. No such luck. The old looking man had dissolved into ink upon receiving a shard of ruby to the head. This was troublesome. If the ink was a clone and not a high speed technique, then that meant he knew that they were coming. What could he do now? He was at his best if his victims didn't know he was there.

He looked around, his sword scraping against the floor, before he saw something heading for Hikari. An old man with silver hair was heading straight for Hikari, kitchen knife in hand, with Hikari seemingly unaware of his approach. He was fast for an old man, Kenta would give him that.

But Kenta was faster, a lot faster. He blurred out of sight and appeared, once again, in-front of Hikari, blade drawn. The informant's knife impacted against his sword as he swung it horizontally, before disintegrating into ink, along with the body holding it. Damn a clone. He turned and saw the man behind Hikari, knife raised in the air. Kenta watched in horror as he brought the knife down, making a clunking sound against the helmet.

Somehow that was all it did, and as Hikari turned to fight back, he swung again, for the throat this time. This time Kenta refused to just watch and in a split second, there was a gap in which he could see the floor between the informant and Hikari, so he took his chance and blurred into existence at that spot. Without turning he threw Hikari backwards, stepping backwards just in time to only have his face mask cleaved in two. Taking his chance he swung for the informant himself, cutting deeply into his side, before he felt a massive pain in his left shoulder. He looked downwards to see the kitchen knife sticking out from it, which soon dissolved into ink, which dripped to the floor along with his blood.

Tch, how careless. To be hit like that. Already he was forming a plan and turned towards Hikari, accidentally showcasing his new injury. "We need to flush the real guy out, he'll attack us himself when he's low on magic most likely. Think you can encase us in a cocoon until he wears himself out enough?" He asked, his plan coming together well clearer in his mind. "When the real him is out there, pin his feet to the floor and I'll finish him off in one sweep since I'm the fastest. Does that sound good?" He had faith in the plan and Hikari. She wouldn't care so much about his shoulder, right?
Kenta Kuroikaze
Kenta Kuroikaze
Shadow Heart D
Shadow Heart D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down