FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Val's Starting Spells

Go down

Val's Starting Spells Empty Val's Starting Spells

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Spell name: Valandrea Ball
Element: Nature (Fur)
MP cost: 10
Effect: Val wraps her nine tails around herself really tight into a sphere and hardens the fur so that it has the same consistency as the highest grade magical alloys. Giving her total protection from physical and magical damage. While still being warm, fluffy, and insulating on the inside, as such Val can use this spell when faced with extreme cold and not freeze to death. She can still move with this spell up, rolling the ball around at full speed. Although it has no combative use as if she runs into someone it just bounces off of them, not even transferring enough force to cause them to stumble. Therefore she cannot ram people with this spell. As Val's magic is weak against fire this spell takes double damage when hit by fire spells. But since her fur is adept at absorbing water. It takes half damage from water spells.

Spell appearance:

Power: (******)
Speed:
Area:
Extra: **** (Defending, Defending, Targets Self, Lingering)

----------------

Spell name: Full Moon (Name changes on rank up)
MP cost:10
Effect: Val swings one of her flexible tails towards an opponent within melee range. The magic coursing through the tail goes into action on impact, causing the blow to feel like the tail is made out of the strongest stone, and dealing wounds as such. Despite how much damage it does, the tail will feel surprisingly soft and fluffy when it hits the opponent, it's just the magic that is released that deals the blunt damage. This is a very basic Kitsune Art combat spell. And as the Kitsune becomes more adept with it, they can use more and more of their tails to deal damage with.

Power: ****
Speed:
Area:
Extra:

-----------------

Spell name: Soft Projectiles
MP cost: 10
Effect: Val winds two pairs of her tails together into separate pairs and points them at her opponent. Creating two hollow tubes in between the tails that orbs of fur are formed and can be fired out at her opponent like a gun. Each orb has a bit of magic in it that is released on impact with an opponent, causing damage like they were shot with a bullet at that spot as the furball bounces off their body. The furball isn't dangerous in it's own right, and feel really soft and fuzzy to the touch, but the magic contained within it is dangerous. This spell isn't very damaging per shot, but as Val trains in this spell and ranks it up it will be able to overwhelm her opponent with many projectiles. As of right now she can only fire one furball per post.

Power: *
Speed: *
Area:
Extra: ** (Ranged, Sustained)

-----------------

Spell name: Spire of Fuzz
MP cost: 15
Effect: Valadrea creates a pool of fur at a location, causing it to rise up rapidly into a pillar of fur. This spell can have two uses depending on what Val's intent when casting it is. If her intent is to cause damage, it will rise out of the ground rather fast, so that the opponent has as little time to react as possible. Dealing blunt damage and sending them off their feet and tumbling in the air. The other use for this spell is as an evasion spell. As Val can create a slower forming pillar underneath herself or a person she is assisting, thus ensuring they can react and use it effectively. Then using the rapid rising of the pillar to make an assisted leap in any direction. Covering some distance in the air very quickly. With this use the spell doesn't deal damage, but it's pushing power is increased.

Power: **
Speed: *
Area:
Extra: **(Ranged, Impact)

-----------------

Spell name: Touch Fluffy Tail
MP cost: 25
Effect: Val's go to healing spell. It doesn't heal quickly so it cannot be used very effectively while she's in battle. But it makes her a rather useful non-combat medic. With this spell Val touches her target with one of her tails and starts channeling pure magical power into their body through her tail. This magical power will then massively accelerate the body's natural healing power and even amplify it so that given enough time, it can even regrow amputated limbs. Because of her magic's weakness to fire, burn wounds take twice as long to heal. On the other side though, wounds caused by water magic damage heal twice as fast. If Val's tail loses contact with the person she is healing, then the spell is canceled and she has to recast it. As such, she has to be a bedside nurse, so to speak, while using this spell.

Power: **
Speed: **
Area:
Extra: ** (Healing, Sustained)

Last edited by Valandrea Caelynna on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:16 am; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Val's Starting Spells Empty Re: Val's Starting Spells

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Bump~! Finished!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 am

Hello there Valandrea... I am Sinon and will be checking your spells today. I will take this spell by spell... shall we begin?
---------------------------------
Valandrea Ball~ Pretty cool defensive spell idea. works for the most part, though I am wary that since you can move in a ball form and at a decent speed, it does have a combative use of ramming people, which is not okay. So if ya could so kindly do something to fix that, either state you do not move fast enough to be able to knock anything over (take out the at full speed), or state you can't move at all, or be creative and think of another way to solve the matter.

Also please place the four stars your power gets from the defending extra in parenthesis, so it would read

Power: (****)
Speed:
Area:
Extra: **** (Defending, Defending, Targets Self, Lingering)

This helps people at a quick glance be able to tell the power of the spell. Thanks.
Full Moon~ Approved
Soft Projectiles~ Okay so this is probably the biggest spell that is a problem or rather it may simply be a miscommunication between you and me. So... I will say my piece and take of it what you will. The spell itself is fine. Save for one tiny little thing....  As Val can fire four projectiles from this spell per post. That last little sentence.. We have an extra called multiple projectiles that splits a spell up into multiple tiny things... a single cast of this spell cannot fire more than one furball. Now you CAN cast this spell four times in one post for full MP cost... which would be 40MP... to overwhelm them like you desire. That may have been your intention, I know not. So just let me know, edit it up to where it says one projectile in the name, and then bam it will be fine, or replace it with another spell, or add multiple projectile, etc... your options are limitless. Look forward to seeing what you do.
Spire of Fuzz~ Technically the spell needs to look the same for both uses... Sorry mate otherwise it would be two different spells... People are picky that way (Me being people).... now you can state you bring the supportive one out of the ground a little slower, as to give the ally or yourself a chance to react to it and the combative use comes out a bit faster.. (Yes this is soo minute it shouldn't matter, but I am picky sorry.)
Touch Fluffy Tail~ With a name like that it's gotta be approved~
Make the edits, talk about any questions out with me preferably, though you can ask any staff really. Bump when edits are made~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:53 am

Bump~! The requested changes have been bolded so they are easier to find~!

And being picky is great! I appreciate you efforts~! I'm a detail oriented person myself so I understand completely. *Gives an internet high five!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 am

*highfives back*

hmm so all seems to be in order now... unless someone else questions something else.....

Val's Starting Spells Approv26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down